Drowning

Living with the Royalties

 

 

Nana’s POV

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, I now present you the two finalists for the last match! Kim Miyoung-Brandon Lee pair and Byun Baekhyun-Kim Nana pair! Please give them a round of applause.” The principal announced to the entire school.

Apparently Baekhyun managed to get 3 bulls eye even though I didn’t even manage to hit one. He’s total points got him into the finalist. Which means I will not be able to participate the match on the day after tomorrow.

Which too.

Which also means that I will lose to that crazy fiancé stealer.

“I know you all are anxious about the last game but its pretty simple and easy game. The last match will be swimming!” said the principal. His head held high as the students cheered for him. It seems like swimming was popular among them.

And I was in deep .

I can’t swim.

It’s not that I won’t swim. I can’t. Really. Over the years (after I nearly died for I-have-no-effing-idea-reason-because-my-brain-can’t-remember) I tried swimming but I would immediately drown in the pool and had an after shock the next. Even if the pool is only 0.5 meters deep. Since then I gave up on swimming.

“Er, I think we have problem here.” I said to Baekhyun.

“Why is that so?” he raised a questioning eyebrow.

“Because I can’t swim. Duh,” I rolled my eyes and carefully crossed my hands in case I’ll hit my poor injured hand. We were now heading back to our own hotel. I knew we were in big trouble once he heard that I couldn’t swim.

“Wanna try learning it? At least we can get some points even though you’re slow.”

“Don’t talk about trying. I can’t even stand on a baby pool,” It’s really scary. Once I step into a pool, a weird feeling will wash over me and it will just seized my tiny heart. The world would spin and then I would collapse into the pool.

“Anyway, you can’t even swim, look at your hand.” He took my hand and held it at my eye level. Proving that his statement was valid. Was it guilt that showed in his eyes a second ago?

I shrugged my hand away from him a little too hardly as his fingers grazed over my wound. I groaned in pain.

“Hey, I apologize. Are you okay? Let me see,” he took my hand in his again and check if there’s any open wound. I smiled at his super-rare-but-gentle-gesture.

“It does not hurt anymore, let’s go back.” This time, he carefully released my hand, letting it fall back to my sides.

~

 

I slept like a pig that night, after having a huge competition. This time, I get the entire bed to myself and Baekhyun slept on the sofa. Luhan, as usual didn’t sleep with us… I wonder where’d he went.

I woke up and noticed that both of them weren’t in the room. Finally, having my own free time, I’ve decided to talk a stroll.

Yes, apparently taking a stroll means walking beside the pool.

I still don’t get it though, why am I so afraid of a damn pool. I mean it’s just water right… It’s not suppose to be scary, right?

I was wrong. It’s scary as hell. I squatted down and ran my uninjured fingers on the surface of the 1.2meteres deep pool. The smell of chlorine hung heavily in the air. There wasn’t much people around practicing since only 4 competitiors are in, so I’m the only one in the pool. I played with the water, thinking that I was just washing my hands and brainwashing myself that no monster would suddenly rise up and chew me.

My legs gradually grew tired after squatting for so long. I sat down on the dry edge of the pool and threw my slippers aside. I dipped my legs into the pool, and a shudder ran down my spine. My injured hand started twitching as if dipping my legs into a mere 1.2meters pool would drown me.

“Stop twitching, hand. I just wanna relax,” I said to my hand. Luckily there was no people around so they won’t see me as a psycho talking to her own body parts.

My hand twitched back as if to say ‘danger,danger, run!’

Are you kidding me? I’m communicating with my hand! I will so run back to the princes and tell them this good news so that they will send me to the mental hospital.

I ignored the twitchings and soon it died down. Maybe it’s just muscle spasms. I got that often. Just that I started talking to it since today.

I swirled my legs, imagining that I’m really swimming in the pool. Like how I used to swim before I had that trauma. I wasn’t an olympic swimmer, but I could swim pretty well. My where close to perfect and I wasn’t a tiny weeny bit scared of the water. Well, ask me how could I remember all these stuff. Haha, I can’t. That’s what my closest maid I had in the US told me.

I sighed heavily. Oh well, swimming is not that important anyway.

I stood up from the pool and wear my slippers. Suddenly I felt a presence behind my back. I turned around and I didn’t even get to response, he or she pushed me and I fell into the pool. My first thought before I crashed into the pool was: TTTTTTTHOLE.

~

 

With a shriek, I plummeted into the pool like a stone, landing with a splash in the water that closed over my head, flooding my nose and mouth. The water seized me and found purchase anywhere it could. I kept my lips pressed together and shut my eyes tight, though I desperately needed sight to escape this waking nightmare. Water still entered my mouth in little sips.

The water wrapped around my arms and legs like a shifting fabric, tugging and pulling my body in all directions. Or maybe I was the one panicking. I was trapped under layers and layers of slipperly, twisting fabric.

And then, like a record playing in my going-to-die mind, all my memories began appearing in my head- like I never once forget them before. The first one was Luhan. He was my bestfriend, and my life saviour. And he betrayed me last time.

And I remembered all of them. Every single memory.

I couldn’t hold it anymore. I breathed.

More water gushed into the holes in my body.

Baekhyun…

 And I fell into darkness.

~

Author’s POV

 

It was going to be afternoon and Baekhyun was getting worried about Nana. *That girl, where’d she go?* He was chatting with his other brothers in the morning and didn’t want to wake Nana up. Baekhyun didn’t expect her to disappear when he get back.

“Hey, sehun-ah, did you see Nana?” Baekhyun asked Sehun when he walked into the restaurant.

“Nope, why? She went missing?”

“Not really sure, I just wanna find her.” Baekhyun lied. He had a really bad feeling that Nana is in trouble. And it always come true.

He went out of the restaurant and searched around the lobby.

“Yo, Crown Prince! Going for breakfast?” Nana’s friend, Jieun greeted him. He nodded to her and walked away. “Hey, wait, aren’t you finding Nana? I saw her going to the swimming pool just now.”

Baekhyun stopped walking and turned back. “Thanks for the tip, Jieun-ssi.”

He dashed toward the swimming pool, silently praying that Nana would just walk past there and not do something stupid. *Did I mention that this girl is accident prone?* he thought. He passed by a couple of teachers but he didn’t bother to greet them.

Baekhyun pushed the swimming pool’s double door opened, just in time to see that , Miyoung, walking out of the pool.

Miyoung looked like she’d seen a ghost when she met Baekhyun’s glare.

“What are you doing here?” he snarled, feeling very suspicious.

“N-nothing,” Miyoung’s lips quivered. “I need to go, see you around.” She maneuvered around him with her head lowered down and scrambled off.

*Something is really wrong here. She isn’t like this, usually.*

He quickly ran into the pool area and found Nana, her body lying lifelessly in the water. *Oh .*

He dived into the pool and circled his right hand around Nana’s waist. The other hand cupping so that her face was on the surface. He put her on the ground and checked for her pulse. Baekhyun’s hand was shivering with fear when he was feeling her pulse on her neck.

It wasn’t there. He lowered his head to Nana’s chest and listened.

Nothing.

With no time to lose, he prepared Nana for a CPR. He measured the correct distance and started pumping as fast as he could. He pumped 30 times and tilted her head back and chin. He pinched her nose and his lips brushed his lips against hers as he blow until her chest rise. He blew once and then twice and went back to check her pulse.

Still nothing.

Cold sweat coursed down his cheek as he pumped her chest again. While he was pumping, he heard a person finally calling for help after watching him saving people. He quickly tilted her head and chin back and blew air again. With once last prayer he checked her pulse.

It was there. Beating faintly but still there.

~

 

Hi guys! Sorry for not updating...I've been busy.........and lazy.....:x
Oh well, here's an update. 

 

Seems like someone finally recovered her memory.

Yay? Or no yay? 

Haha, anyway, comments please!

Have fun!

<3