We Therefore Conclude...

OTL

“Ya! How are you?” he smiled at him, “And…” he suddenly creased his forehead in query. “What are you doing driving a cab?”

 

“Please don’t tell my dad!”


After sometime, Kangin finally reached the Olympic Park.

 

 

“Youngwoon-ah~” Leeteuk says, vigorously waving at Kangin.

 

“Aish! You!” Leeteuk chuckled and ran up to Kangin.

 

“Ya, orenmanida…” Leeteuk gave him a slight hug. Kangin broke it off, kind of pissed. “Oh~ Is that it?” he says, pointing to the camera around Kangin’s neck.

 

“Yeah. This is expensive, so you better take good care of this—or else I’ll kill you.”

 

“Ah, kurom!” he put his backpack down on the bench. “Uh…before anything else, could you guard this for me? It’s for a very important person. I’m going to the restroom for a bit.”

 

“O-oh.” Kangin agreed. Leeteuk shoved him the envelope he was holding. “Ya!” Leeteuk turned around and waved, then went off.

 

“Aish, jinja…” Kangin sat on the bench and crossed his arms.


Just then, Taeyeon came, holding her phone again, looking around.

 

“He says to meet me somewhere in this area. Now, I have to find a shade…”

She looked around further and saw the annoying guy who kept racing her to subway seat and cabs. She saw that camera hanging around his neck.

 

“Don’t tell me—” she paced angrily towards Kangin.


Kangin glanced right and saw a girl walking up to him.

Kangin had to double-take.

 

‘Omo, this is the pretty girl. Why is she here? Did she follow me? No! Of course not!’ he thought to himself, ‘Oh no, maybe she Leeteuk’s—’

 

Taeyeon removed her bag from her shoulders. Kangin’s eyes widened. He stood up, removed his arms from being crossed and assumed a defense position.


“Yah! You!” Taeyeon hit him with her bag.

 

“We-wait!” he says, not knowing what to block first; his face, or the expensive camera.

 

“You stupid photographer! You made me miss my—“

 

“I’m not a photographer!”

 

“What?!” Taeyeon stopped hitting him. “You’re not Park Leeteuk-sshi?” Taeyeon crossed her arms. "Then, why do you have a camera, and why are you here?”

 

“Aish! I came here to meet my friend and give this camera to him as a gift…” He explained. “My friend is the photographer you’re supposed to meet, I guess…”

 

Taeyeon observed him, slightly suspicious.

 

Kangin glanced at her then looked away fast when he met her gaze.

He looked down like a kid who just got yelled at by her grandma.

 

Taeyeon sighed.

 

“So where is he?”

 

“H-he…” Kangin stammered. “He went to the restroom…” he glanced at Taeyeon again.

 

“D-do you want a drink?”

 

Taeyeon looked at him suspiciously before replying. “I’ll buy us,” Taeyeon looked away, “…but you pay.”

 

“Oh…” he scratched his head. “Arasso...” Kangin was unsure if he would let Taeyeon buy their drink, he was the guy after all. He didn’t want her to think he was retarded, so he quickly took action and ended up getting some won in his wallet.

 

He handed it to her and she got it without even asking what he’ll have.


Taeyeon brought back two Black Soyas.

She handed over one bottle to Kangin. Kangin smiled.

 

“Wow...How did you know? This is my favorite drink!”

 

Taeyeon shrugged. “Lucky guess…”

 

Then, there was awkward air. Kangin moved a little to make a space on the bench.

 

“Y-you can sit here…”

 

Taeyeon looked at him, sort of surprised as she was sipping her drink.

 

“Wow. Is that for real? You’re really offering me a seat?”

 

“Aish! It’s not like I’m forcing you—” Kangin’s face twitched at his third-time fail. Sometimes, he just can’t control the glib of his tongue, and his mighty pride.

Surprisingly, Taeyeon laughed. She kind of understood his attitude and miraculously found it cute. She could easily figure him out.

She sat beside him. Then, there was dead air once again.

Kangin would sometimes steal glances from her when she’s not looking.

When caught, he would look away. Taeyeon would find it amusing.

 

Repeat ‘til fade.


For once, Kangin decided to speak.

 

“I’m sorry, I took your cab.” He was however, looking down.

 

“Yeah.” Taeyeon took another sip, looking straight ahead.

 

“But hey, at least I saved you from a maniac cab driver who likes skinship!” he suddenly blurted out.

 

“What??”

 

“Aish! I forgot Siwon only likes skinship with guys…” Kangin whispered to himself.

 

Taeyeon chuckled again, finding him weird. Amusingly weird.

 

“Just…I’m sorry for stealing the cab.”

 

“Yup. And for stealing my subway seat.” Taeyeon added.

 

“Wait—That was you?” Watch Kangin’s eyes widen once more.

 

“Yeah~”

 

“I’m really sorry…” Kangin repeatedly bowed his head, still facing front.

 

“This way…” Taeyeon says from his right.

 

“Jelsunghamnida…” Kangin faced Taeyeon and bowed again repeatedly like a gif file.

 

“Let’s just forget it.” Taeyeon chuckled at his act.

 

Kangin sighed.

 

Kangin stole glances from her again.

 

“Ya…if you don't mind me asking me…” Kangin said, “Why do you look so sad?”

 

Taeyeon half-smiled hearing that. “I was supposed to have a date with my boyfriend here today…”

 

Kangin was kind of disappointed to hear that. But then, he remembered something. Like her, he was supposed to—

 

“Really? And it didn’t happen because of Leeteuk?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Oh…” Kangin can’t suppress his frown. He continued to ask randomly and not really out of curiosity… “So what’s his name?”

 

He took a sip.

 

 

“Oh…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…it’s Kim Youngwoon.”

Kangin spat out his drink.

 

Altogether now...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Copyright © 2010 by Anakin Gundam™-AUTHOR’S PSEUDONYM

A.K.A. amusingmurdermachine-AUTHOR’S USERNAME


 

Black Soya is actually Taeyeon’s favorite drink, not Kangin’s. I had a hard time finding out a particular drink that Kangin liked, so I just used Taeyeon’s instead...