Go-sees

OTL

 

 

A crease formed on Taeyeon’s forehead as she read her boyfriend’s reply. She read it again. Yes, it really what was written on the screen.

‘Uhm…can we meet up? I want to see you. You know…just to be sure…’

 She was about to hit the keys to compose a furious reply but then, another one came from him:

 ‘I’m kidding. I just want to see you already. Please?’

 “Aish.” She sighed. “This is why I don’t know if I could really trust you, oppa...”

 Taeyeon had this little indecisive moment. She knows that this relationship through chat—aside from being stupid—also doesn’t make any sense at most parts. Nope, this isn’t a hobby of hers. This was some sort of a spontaneous thing. Never really meant to happen. She met this guy and she can’t explain the happiness she feels whenever she talks—I mean, chats with him. So what if it doesn’t make perfect sense? Love wasn’t made to make any sense, except for being love itself. So there they are, on the verge of a serious business. If they were to meet in person, it will make or break the connection they have now. Being the thinker that she is, she‘s analyzing the situation carefully. Still…what if this relationship is better off staying in the internet?

 Just then, another reply came…

 

‘Taeyeon…hey, listen…’

 

‘I know this might be a big leap for you. But I’d give you this to think about…’

 

‘What will be the point of this thing we say we have if we’re here, talking to the computer unit in front of us? I wouldn’t call that a real relationship.’

 

‘I love you, Taeyeon. I really, really want to prove you that…but I just can’t do it here. It simply wouldn’t be enough...’

 

Taeyeon was all eyes now.

 

‘I can’t give my laptop a hug, nor treat it out to dinner…’

 

‘My laptop wouldn’t drag me to the mall to shop or to watch a romantic flick…’

 

‘I couldn’t drape my jacket around my laptop when it gets cold. ’Cause my laptop does not get cold…’

 

‘And when I say ‘I love you’, I couldn’t expect to hear my laptop say ‘I love you’ back.’

 

‘I will throw my laptop and run when it does answer back.’

 

Taeyeon chuckled to herself when she read that last line. Sunny, her roommate gave her a weirded-out look.

 

“Oh. Mianhae…” she smiles at her. Sunny goes away, however, retaining her expression. Taeyeon quickly glanced back to her PC to see another reply come,

 

‘The point is…’

 

Taeyeon was on the verge of biting her nails off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘I want us to finally be for real.’

 

Somehow, it felt like he was right there, saying these things right before her. It was weird that she felt sincerity right on through his words. Something made it really tick.

 

Though…it was obvious that he’s watched a couple of dramas for reference.

                            

Then, she received another reply:

 

‘So…what do you think?’

 

He was waiting for an answer. And so was the cursor which kept blinking at her. She bit her lip and started typing…

 

‘Okay. Let’s meet up...’

 

She thought about this really carefully…

 

‘Tomorrow.’

 

She really, really thought about this more than once. Please believe me, people.

 

‘Really????!’

 

‘Let’s meet at the Olympic Park at 9 am.

 

‘Okay~I’m really excited to see you!’

 

And so it was settled. She can’t help but smile. She decided to say yes because she instantly had this intuition that he was saying from those things from the heart.

 

‘And don’t worry, I guarantee that I’m handsome. My mom says that I look like an angel^_^…’

 

But then, again—she could be wrong.

 

Taeyeon raised her eyebrow at that. She let out a sigh; a sign of complete surrender.

She was about to shut down the unit, when another message came. It wasn’t from her boyfriend anymore, though…

 

It read: ‘Kim Taeyeon-shii, I’m already done with your ordered pictures. Can we meet up tomorrow so that you can claim it?’

 

Taeyeon remembered about her sister’s pictures.

 

‘I’m sorry, but I have an appointment tomorrow…’

 

‘Omo, otokke? I’m only available tomorrow…’

 

“Aish! Seriously, this guy…” She made faces in front of the monitor. “What’s the point of asking if you’re leaving me with no choice in the end?”she talked to the monitor this time. Her roommate, Sunny went to grab some snacks, seeing her in this state, still wondering what she’s up to. Taeyeon typed her reply, a bit pissed.

 

‘Okay, then. Tomorrow.’

 

‘What time are you available?’ She asked in advance.

 

‘Uh…let me see…’

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

 

‘9 am.’

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened.

 

‘At the Yeouido Park.’

 

“What??” Yeouido was about 20 stations away from her location if she rides the subway.

 

‘Is that ok?’

 

Taeyeon scratched her head.

 

‘Yeah. Fine.’

 

‘I’ll see you then, Taeyeon-shii.’

 

Taeyeon sighed.

 

“Well, I guess I’d have to tell him…” 


Copyright © 2011 by Anakin Gundam™ (author's pseudonym)

A.K.A. amusingmurdermachine (author's username) 


Well, that's it for the first update.

In the meantime, enjoy this family portrait: