- - c h a p t e r 1 6 - -

Exo High

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h    1   6  - - - - - - - - - -

 


Kris poured himself a glass of apple juice before shutting the refrigerator door closed with his foot. He leaned against the counter, sipping his drink slowly while his mind replayed Suho's y face when they had ed together. It had been pure bliss and satisfying. He smiled.

"Kris." A voice sounded from the entrance of the kitchen, pulling him out of his daydream. "We need to talk."

Angling towards the other boy, Kris scowled. "What is there to talk about?" He finished the last of his juice and dumped it into the sink. 

Kyungsoo took a couple of steps forward until he was just an arm's length away from his husband. "I saw you." He stared at at those confused pair of dark brown eyes. "This afternoon, I got home and saw you with another man. Don't try to deny. I saw it with my own eyes. Why?"

"Why what?" 

"Why are you cheating on me? I'm your husband." Kyungsoo gritted his teeth, controlling his desire to just punch the arrogant jerk in the face. "Even if you wanted another man, I thought you'd do it only after we're done."

Kris slammed his fist against the cabinet behind Kyungsoo, making the latter jumped back. "You're just my husband on paper. Nothing more. What I do during my personal time is none of your business."

"That will our family think if they find out?" 
 
"Nothing. They won't find out unless you rattle out." Kris hissed in his face. "Remember we're just strangers who happened to live in the same house."
 
"You're despicable!" Kyungsoo pushed Kris away hard, causing the latter to stumble back.
 
Kris rubbed the sore spot on his chest. For someone that small, he was quite strong. Shaking his head, Kris went to wash the glass he had used earlier. Part of him felt sorry for Kyungsoo. But his pride prevented him from uttering those exact words. Sorry really seemed to be the hardest word.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

"You came." Luhan held out the door for Sehun to enter. "I didn't expect you to step onto my doorstep. Not after all that." He waved in the air to indicate the past. "But I'm glad because I really did cook a lot."

Sehun followed the pretty blonde into the kitchen and placed the gift he had brought along at his mother's insistence. The kitchen was designed in a way that it gives off this homely yet contemporary feel to it. It wasn't as big as the one in the main house but it was big enough to make a cook happy.

Clearing his throat at the sudden silence, Sehun went over to where Luhan stood near the stove. "You know how to cook?"

"Well, since my mom had been bed-ridden, I taught myself how to cook. You should have tried it then." Luhan's laughter rang loud, and it sounded high almost child-like, fitting his boyish good-looks. "It was crap. I swear it could even be used by the military to poison the enemy."

"That bad, uh?" Sehun smiled at Luhan's easy smile thrown at him. "Should I be scared?"

Luhan threw his head back as laughter erupted from him. "Eat at your own risk!"

Nodding in agreement, Sehun took a seat at the dining table, studying the dishes served. It was true Luhan had cooked quite a lot. Seeing this other side of Luhan was actually nice since it was a totally different side from the Luhan he used to know.

"You live near to Kyungsoo."

"Yeah, I moved out from that house that I used to lived with my late mother. My father offered to have this area for me, which is near to the main house yet, it's a standalone house. He's afraid to lose me again." Luhan picked up a bowl of potato salad and scooped some into Sehun's plate.

Something about the company made Sehun think that this looked like a date. Just dinner between two friends, Sehun told himself. He would love to believe that but the way his eyes raked in Luhan's fluffy hair and the gentle smile, made him wonder if it would ave been different if they had met in a different circumstances?

"Stop staring at the food." Luhan chuckled. "Eat up."

"Thank you for the food."

"You're welcome. I have some of them packed for you."

"Already?" Sehun bit into the potato salad that was mixed with bits of smoked salmon. He moaned. "This is very good! You could win the enemy's heart with this alone." 

"By that you mean yours?" Luhan mumbled, eyes twinkling with mischief when Sehun's head shot up.

"Did you say something?"

Luhan picked up his own fork. "You like Kyungsoo, right?"

Sehun coughed hard. The other boy went over to his side, helping him with his drink while patting his back. "I"m sorry?"

"I guess that's a yes, then." Luhan snorted and went back to his food.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

It had been a week since the last time he spoke to Chanyeol. Everything changed because of his mouth. Why did he let his mouth run again? He kept asking himself that over and over again but no answer came to him. Regrettably, it was also the cause of this rift between him and Chanyeol, the supposedly best-friends-forever-and-nothing-can-separate-them thing. But apparently, there was. In the name of a love confession from someone of the same .

Way to go, Baekhyun, his inner voice spoke sarcastically. Today, like any other day this week, he was going home alone. He missed the foolish grin of his best friend. The face that would light up when Baekhyun suggested to Chanyeol that they should get something sweet at their favourite bakery. They usually went home during the weekends and spending time outside of their dorm which they practically did everyday of the week.

Students dispersed in all directions, excited to spend the weekend away from school. Some girls were gathered outside, giggling and squealing when someone handsome stepped out of the prestigious school's gate

"Chanyeol, what do you thi-" Baekhyun began but stopped himself when he realised what he was doing. He sighed. Start getting used to this, Baekhyun. He won't be coming back to your side after what you did to him.

Baekhyun sighed with his head hanging off his slumped shoulders. He trudged up the stairs of the overhead bridge, not really seeing the person in front of him. Tears prickled at the corner of his eyes as he watched the ground, seeing it move at one step at a time. He wondered what Chanyeol was doing now.

Was he thinking of him like the way he did? He reached the stairs on the other side of the road and just stared into space, talking one step down. One at a time. Then someone ran up, bumping into him hard. Baekhyun lost footing.

And tumbled down. His world spun a multitude of colours. Then it was black.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

Chanyeol groaned when he saw Baekhyun on the overhead bridge. Ah, why did he have to be there? Grumbling at himself, he stood at the bottom of the stairs, arms folded over his chest while eyes trained on Baekhyun. He just stood there waiting for the other boy to get off the bridge on the other side of the road.

No way was he ever going to bump into him after what happened. 

But he looked sad, the voice in his head whispered. Like he gave a damn. They were over.

As he was busy arguing with the voice in his head, he didn't see what was happening until he heard a loud thud. The he stood frozen.

"Baekhyun!" Chanyeol felt his heart lodged in his throat as he ran up, as fast as he could to reach to the boy who was once his friend. But what he saw made him broke down. There was blood. Everywhere.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

I think I have to extend my EXO HIGH week for a bit loner just so that I can finish this... comments will be nice! <3