- - c h a p t e r 1 4 - -

Exo High

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h    1   4  - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

"Yes, it's about Kyungsoo." Sehun nodded. 
 
He walked ahead stopping against the railings that protected the students from falling off the roof. Sehun looked ahead as the wind ruffled against his hair. The other boy just stood to his left, watching him cautiously. Where did he begin? There were so many things swimming in his head.
 
"You're his half-brother." Sehun spoke first, his eyes were still wandering over the clouds floating above.
 
"That I am." Luhan replied. He took another step forward so that he was standing at half an arm's length away. "I know we're not friends or anything, but I just needed to tell you that I'm trying my best to make up for the lost time between us. And I'm sorry for the way I treated him."
 
"You bullied him."
 
Luhan sighed. No matter what he said, it was really unforgivable. Try telling that to the best friend.
 
"Only because I thought I was abandoned. I know it was unforgivable and childish to think that way."
 
Turning away from the clouds, Sehun rested his head on his propped hand. Honestly, he did hate Luhan every second he breathed. It was still hard to get around the fact that Luhan bullied his best friend, and probably the love of his life. And, here he was apologising, unexpectedly so. People can change, he kept telling himself.
 
"I'll have to check with Kyungsoo first if he actually forgives you. If he does, than I will." Sehun took the time to study Luhan, wondering if he was really remorseful.
 
It may not be something he liked, but Sehun had every right to hate him. But part of him wondered if Kyungsoo means much, much more than he's letting on. Then, he remembered something.
 
"Kris told me that only family can visit Kyungsoo for now." Luhan bit his lower lip, unsure of how Sehun would react.

"That's absurd!" Sehun let out a frustrated  sigh. Day after day, his hatred to that jerk was growing by miles. "Why are you telling me this anyway?

"Kyungsoo told me the two of you were very close, so I thought you'd like to know. Plus, I'm your ticket to Kyungsoo."

Sehun narrowed his eyes at the prettier boy. Now, where did that come from? "What's that supposed to mean? What do you actually want? Tell me."

A soft chuckle came out of Luhan's glossy red lips. "That means, I get to tell you what's going on between those two because I can check on them, but you don't. And for the record, I'm not asking for anything, just your friendship to atone my wrong doings."

"Are you for real?" Sehun questioned. He wasn't amused. Not one bit. "You're joking, right?"

Luhan shook his head. A pout formed on his lips. Somehow, the sunlight glinted against his shiny lips, catching Sehun's attention. And why would he stare at those, he wasn't sure himself either. Beggars can't be choosers, right?

"Fine, I'm Oh Sehun. Nice to meet you." Sehun held out his hand which the other took in a strong grasp with slightly calloused fingers.

"I'm Luhan. Nice to meet you too." He smiled at the other boy, holding onto the warm hands. When Sehun finally, smiled at him, something warm travelled up from those hands to where his heart was caged.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

Baekhyun placed his books in the locker, making sure to take home only the books he needed for his homework. He stuffed his math book and notebook into his denim back pack. Shutting the locker door, he was greeted by a grinning face.

"I didn't see you just now!" Baekhyun broke into a smile. His best friend's grin was infectious. "Were you waiting for me?"

"Of course!" Chanyeol pulled his bag higher on his shoulder. "Why wouldn't I be?" He nudged Baekhyun's side. "Unless you don't want me around."

"Silly, I want you around all the time." 

Just as they were about to walkaway from the lockers where some of the leftover students were busy dumping their books, someone called out his name. The boy smiled when Baekhyun looked his way. He had short jet black hair but slightly long around the fringe. Standing a little taller than he was, but shorter than Chanyeol, the boy walked sauntered over with a smile on his lips.

"Baekhyun, it's nice to finally get hold of you." The boy chuckled. "I like you. Please go out with me."

Baekhyun looked at him quizzically, although a faint blush coloured his cheeks after being asked out by someone so manly like him. "And you are?"

"Oh, sorry." The boy smiled. "I'm a third year and the name's Chansung. Go out with me, please?"

Suddenly, Chanyeol burst out. "No, he's mine."

Baekhyun hid his surprise. Chanyeol definitely had something up his sleeves. It was just impossible if his best friend meant it in the romantic way.

"You're his boyfriend?" Chansung looked between the two boys. When none of them so much so as flinch, he knew they probably weren't lying. He held up both hands. "Ok, I'll back off for now."

Chanyeol tapped his foot impatiently as a frown etched on his face. That was rare.

"Hit me up when you're single." Chansung winked at the shorter boy. "I'll be waiting." He waved at them and walked away.

Heaving a sigh of relief, Chanyeol grumbled while his eyes still trained at Chansung's disappearing back. "That was close." A fist connected to his ribs. Chanyeol yelped. "What's that for?"

"What do you mean by I'm yours?" Baekhyun kept his eyes on Chanyeol. His insides were flipping like crazy. Part of him hoped Chanyeol was indirectly confessing, but another part of him would just dismiss it as another one of Chanyeol's jokes. He felt sweat trickled down his spine at the anticipation.

Grinning from ear-to-ear, Chanyeol hooked his arm around Baekhyun's waist. "You're mine."

Baekhyun stilled. "I'm yours?"

"Yeah, you're my best friend."

Baekhyun laughed. Although his heart wasn't.  It was breaking, for every second he forced the laughter out. He knew he shouldn't have hoped otherwise, but he did. He only had himself to blame. Without him knowing, tears pooled at his eyeline, blurring his vision. He rushed forward, hugging Chanyeol, effectively hiding his crying face.

"Baekhyun, don't cry." Chanyeol kissed the top of his head. "I won't abandon you."

How did he know? Baekhyun pulled away to look at Chanyeol's soft eyes. "You will."

"I won't. Whatever the world throws at me or whatever you give me, I'll still be here for you."

Baekhyun snorted. "Even when I said I love you?"

Something skittered across Chanyeol's face which was unreadable. "What did you say?"

It's now or never. Taking a deep breath, Baekhyun took a step back. And another.

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol titled his head. He was confused.

"Park Chanyeol, I love you."

Chanyeol gasped. And stepped back. "Don't come near me!" His ever smiling face morphed into one of fury. "Don't ever come near me!"

Broken. His heart was breaking. Baekhyun stood frozen where he was. His body shook. Tears rolled down his cheeks. "Chanyeol, please."

"You're disgusting." Chanyeol shoved him hard before storming away.

Baekhyun dropped to his knees with his head in his hands. Sobbing.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

Suho walked right up to his boyfriend who has just exited his last class for the day. The stoic face lit up the moment his eyes settled on Suho. Some of the students greeted Suho with a bow when they noticed him. He just bowed slightly back to them as a show his acknowledgement. 

"Done for the day?" Suho spoke the moment he stood in front of his taller half.

Kris nodded while placing his arm around Suho's shoulder. "Do you have student council meeting today?"

"Nope." Suho grinned up at him.

"Any place in mind that you wanna go to?"

They strolled slowly through the massive students rushing to get out of the school. Some bumped into them and apologised before running to wherever that they had to be at. Voices filled all around them as everyone's excited to be finally out of this temporary prison called school. As they tried to get away from the crowd, Suho was pushed aside, bumping into Kris' side.

"Sorry." Suho held his boyfriend's arm sheepishly. "Oh, by the way, I haven't been to your house. Can I come over?"

"My house?" Kris asked again, just to make sure he was hearing the correct thing. "Why all of a sudden?"

"I just wanted to know what it's like."

Kris pondered hard. If he brought Suho home, it would be quite dangerous but he really did want to get some alone time with him. He missed Suho sorely. Those smile and lips. He wanted to taste them again. And maybe a little more.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

I'm sorry, it''s late.. If I'm in a good mood, I'll post another chp today (and if I'm not too tired).. I'm the bday girl afterall hehe :))