Speaking to them. Part 1.

Star Academy: School for the Gifted.

Taemin's P.O.V:

We all had come back from dinner at town, I didn't understand why Onew didn't want to come, he wasn't in the mood, apparently. Since he didn't come, I was going to boast about having chicken and shove it in his face. It was his fault for not coming, I chuckled mischeviously at the thought. But forgot about my evil plan on the way back to the dorm.

Me and the rest of SHINee arrived at the dorm first, "I guess we won the race then," I said, holding the door for my hyungs. 

"Haha! Yes, we did!" Minho cheered, getting through the door. 

Key went through the doorway and thanked me for holding it open for them, I followed through. "Does that mean we get 5 Fox each?" Key asked. 

"Oh! It does doesn't it?" Jonghyun said excitedly. "Haha, more money to buy more bling bling for myself then." he said proudly. 

"To be honest, we only won because Minho made us run back." Key pointed out, glaring at Minho. "Nearly ruined my new shoes." 

"Don't forget how competitive Minho hyung is," I said, "but after all that running I think I need some banana milk." I walked into the kitchen to get some. The others came into the kitchen with me. Before I could open the Fridge door, Jonghyun stopped me.

"Wait, wait, wait!" he went, "There's a note on the fridge!" Jonghyun snatched it off, he read out- "Hi guys, just to let you know that me and Onew went out. I went to see a friend and Onew went to thr nurses' office to check on someone. Sorry if you were concerned! -Soo Yun."

"No wonder it was so quiet..." Minho said, "Onew wasn't there." We all laughed at his mock. 

As I finally opened the fridge door to get my banana milk, Key said, "Actually, Onew has been quiet for the last week, I haven't talked to him since Monday. Have any of you?" he asked us. All of us shook our heads-no one had spoken to him for the whole week.

When I got my drink, we all made our way to our room. "Didn't he confess to Soo Yun?" Minho reminded everyone. 

"Then shouldn't he be happy then?" Key added on.

"Maybe she rejected it." I contributed. We were already on the second flight of stairs to our room. 

"No!" Jonghyun refused to believe that, "It's so obvious that they like each other! Plus, they look so good together!" We were all walking down the corridor to our dorm now. 

I shook my head, "I saw her with Zelo the other day, they look like a proper couple, don't they Minho?" 

Minho nodded, "Sorry, but it's true." 

"NOT AS TRUE AS ONEW'S AND SOO YUN'S LOVE." Jonghyun shouted. 

Key sighed as he opened the door to our dorm, "We don't really know anything about what's going on between this little love triangle. We shouldn't stick our noses in it, we'll just wait till Onew will tell us." he said and we all went in. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 minutes had passed since we had that discussion about Onew and Soo Yun, and from then it was quiet. We were all doing our sepearate things in our bedroom- I was reading the new volume of One Piece, Key was texting, Minho was attempting to do his homework and Jonghyun was on the laptop. 

But really, we were all doing the same thing-waiting for Onew to come home. 

We all shot up when we heard our front door open- Onew was finally home. 

He opened the bedroom door, the others acted normal and pretended they didn't notice Onew, whereas my eyes followed him walk in. When he saw I was taking notice of him, he shot his head down, but I saw it. I saw his tear streaked face. He had been crying. And it was a long time since he had cried. 

Onew went to lie on his bed, face down into his pillow. 

None of the others saw he was crying, I needed to tell someone, so I rummaged around on my bed in search for my phone. When I finally found it, I quickly sent a message to Key (since he was on his phone anyway).

To Key:

Onew is crying, what do we do, hyung? 

From: Taemin.

I sent the message to him. Several moments later, I heard Key's ringtone. 'BeepBeeep~' it went. I saw Key read it, he looked over to me giving the 'really?' look. I nodded at him. I saw him text back a message and I waited for it. My ringtone went off 'BoopBoop~' The text message read:

To Taemin:

I'll do something about it, don't worry. Just text Minho and Jonghyun about it.

From: Key.

So I sent a group message to Jonghyun and Minho, they both got it in a flash and waited for Key to do something. 

"Ur..Onew?" Key said to Onew. 

"Yeah..?" Onew replied was muffled by his pillow. 

Key hesitated to ask "W-What's wrong?" 

"Nothing." Onew replied plainly and straightfowardly. 

Minho got annoyed and impaitent for the answer, "Onew, we know something is wrong. Taemin saw you were crying." he stood up and went to sit next to Key on his bed. "Just tell us what happened," Minho said.

Key slapped Minho, "Don't be so mean, Minho!" Key told him off. 

"It's okay, I should've told you anyway." Onew said, he sat up. We were all surprised at his reply, how he gave up this easily. 

We all waited for him to tell us. "When I waited for Soo Yun at the classroom to confess, she wasn't there yet." he started to say, "I went to look for her, in case she was lost or something. When I found her, she was..umm," Onew struggled to say the next part. 

"She was?" Jonghyun said, eager to know what happened next.

Onew sighed, "Zelo was kissing her." Hearing this, everybody's jaw dropped in shock. I know that nobody was expecting that.

"...and funnily enough that's not why I'm upset." Onew gave a weak smile.

Everybody got crazy at this point. "How are you not upset about that?" Minho shouted, even Key was nagging about it.

"Go to Zelo's dorm and beat him up now!" Jonghyun commanded and it scared me that he was being serious. But I just stayed quiet in this discussion.

"Actually, that was what I went out to do. Just now." Onew said.

"Woah, you actually beat him up?" Jonghyun asked. 

Onew shook his head, "Before I could get to him, Soo Yun beat me to it." 

Minho gave a confused look, "Soo Yun beat Zelo up?" 

"No, no! She was just 'with' him, not beating him up." Onew corrected himself, "But...what hurt me the most was that Soo Yun didn't talk to me about what she did with Zelo, she didn't even speak to me at all this week. But she could speak to Zelo after what she done to her." 

"Maybe Soo Yun wanted the kiss to happen," Minho said carelessly, Key hit him for saying that. 

Onew sat in silence for several moments. "No...s-she...she was so stiff when Zelo held her, she was in shock-that means it was a surprise. Right?" Onew asked us, we didn't know how to reply-it went silent. 

Onew's eyes widened and sat in silence again, he seemed like he was thinking and throughout that silence, tears started to build up in his eyes. Moments later, they started to roll down his cheek, constant tears contined to roll down. Every time his tears fell down his face, he wiped them, constantly wiped them. Onew thought it was unmanly for him to cry, so he continued to wipe his face.

Everybody sat down with Onew, trying to cheer him up. But I just sat on my own bed, not because I'm a horrible friend, but because I had to do something else to help Onew.

I stood up, "I'll be back in a minute, I want to get more banana milk." I said and walked out of the room.

I took my cell phone with me, just in case one of the hyungs texted me, because I knew I wasn't going to be just a minute.