#1

The Engagement Brought Us Together

Ring~ ring~ 

You opened your eyes groggily and rubbed it. You glanced at the alarm. "WHAT?!" Jumping out of your bed and dashed into the toilet. 

5 minutes later, you came out with your uniform and neatly combed hair. You grabbed your bag and rushed downstairs. You skip 2 steps at a time which cause you to tumble down, nearly. "Woah,chill my dear. What's the rush?" Your mom chuckled. "Mommy! It's already 7.40! My class starts 5 minutes later!" You whined like a baby. You ran to the shoe rag and slip on your white converse. "Where are you going, dear?" You looked at your mom, baffled *She's gotta be kidding me!*."I need to go to school Mom." "Uh-uh, you're not going to school today dear." You dad walked out of the kitchen. You looked at him with wide eyes,"Not going to school? What's going on? Our relative pass away or something?"."Omo! HaeJin-ah how can you say that!" "Then what's going on?" Your dad sighed and said,"We're having lunch with the Wu family for some partnering discussion" * And also for you." Your dad thought.

You whined and stomped your feet like a 5 years old girl. "Then why am I going with you?! You're talking about business not like fashion or what." "Cause they are bringing their son together. They requested to bring you along too." Your mom persuaded. "What the-" "Just go make a new friend." You whined once again,"But I dont wann-" "No buts. You're going and thats the final." You mom said and went into the kitchen. 

You heaved a sigh and went back to your room. You threw your bag onto the armchair and slammed yourself onto your bed. You groaned in frustration at the thought of the lunch later on. Your phone buzzed. You unlocked the screen and received a notification. 

1 New Message 

From: HyunJoo

Yah! Where are you?! 

You sighed and replied HyunJoo who is your bestfriend since middle school. 

To: HyunJoo

Sorry. Gotta attend a lunch meeting with my parents.

You clicked send and soon got back another message.

-

From: HyunJoo

Meeting? Are you sure that you're a 2nd Year student? I doubt bout it.

You chuckled at her reply. 

To: HyunJoo

Whatever. I don't even know why are they bringing me along. :/

-

From: HyunJoo

At least you get to skip school! Cheer up! Maybe there's hot guy in the lunch meeting, your never know /winks/

You scoffed at the words 'hot guy' and replied.

To: HyunJoo

Eww, hot guy?! Correction, it should be flirts. Nevermind that, talk to you tomorrow. I wanna continue my beauty sleep ;)

-

You locked your phone screen and lay back down. You were about to sleep when your phone buzzed again. You unlocked the screen and glance at the message.

From: HyunJoo

Aish. You lazy bum! Sweet dream! Dream of hot guys okay?!  

You chuckled *Silly girl, she and her hot guys." You smiled and went back to sleep. 

~~~

"HaeJin-ah~ Wake up. You gotta prepare for the lunch." You rubbed your eyes and sat up. You opened your eyes to see your mom rummaging through your wardrobe. "Mom. What you doing?" "Searching for your clothing for the lunch." Eyes still on your wardrobe. "There you go.Change into this and go downstairs." "Yes,mam." You stood up lazily and went into the bathroom. 

3 minutes later, you exited the toilet with the clothing your mom chose. 

*Not bad at all!* You smiled and went to pack your stuffs (wallets and stuffs). 

You went downstairs to see your mom and dad waiting for you. "All done?" Your mom asked and you just nodded and went to wear your white converse. "HaeJin-ah. Don't wear this shoe. Wear the heels that I bought you last time." "Why? Those heels are uncomfortable!" "Image dear, image." "Urgh,fine." You took off your converse and slip on the pair of grey in color heels. 

~~~ 

Soon after, you and your parents arrived outside the restaurant. Your parent entered the restaurant with you following behind them. Your parents then stop infront of a table with 3 people.

"Good afternoon SunYi. It's been a long time right?" You mom greeted in chinese. Of course, you understand everything she's talking about. "Yeah! So great to see you here." Mrs Wu said and hugged your mom. While your dad greeted to his bestfriend, Wu Jian. You greeted both of them and heard a low husky voice greet your parents.

You tilted your face to see a handsome...or should I say,hot guy? Standing right infront of you. *H-H-He's ....very good-looking and....very tall." You sat down inbetween your parents and opposite of their son. 

Kris greeted your parents and his eyes landed on you who was going to sit down. *She's pretty.* He then sat inbetween his parents and opposite you. 

"HaeJin-ah~ He's Mr and Mrs Wu's son, Wu Yi Fan." You looked infront and bowed slightly. "Nice to meet you." You looked at him and smiled. "Nice to meet you too. You can call me Kris." 

After a long chatting session about their partnership in the industry. You mom then said, "Now let's move on them then." *Them?* You thought and looked at your mom then to your dad who is smiling very brightly now. *I don't sense anything good.* 

Mrs Wu smiled and looked at you. "Okay then. Yi Fan." Kris looked at his mom ,"Yes?" Your mom cut in and said something. 

1....

2....

3....

"WHAT?!" Both you and Kris shouted with wide eyes. 

Your mom shrugged, "You heard me." 

==============================================================

First Chapter ^^ Hope you like it :) 

-SaeIn