Signs of Danger

My Dark Knight

Tiffany bent over to retrieve the papers back from Taeyeon, wanting to put them back into her bag. To her surprise, Taeyeon pushed Tiffany’s hand away with her free hand.

“Uh… I’ll p-put these back myself, so perhaps you can go ahead first and do something else? I’ll be done in a moment.” Taeyeon stuttered.

Tiffany quickly realised that Taeyeon was actually trying to persuade Tiffany to go away first and not just trying to be courteous.

“Oh… er… sure. I’ll just go downstairs to wait then.” Tiffany said, looking at Taeyeon strangely.

After waiting downstairs for 10 minutes, Tiffany started getting impatient and almost went up to check on Taeyeon again. Just at that moment, Taeyeon came down the stairs and passed the bag over to Tiffany.

Tiffany noticed that Taeyeon was still frowning as she took the bag from Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon, what’s wrong? You’re making me worried…” Tiffany asked.

Taeyeon looked away from Tiffany, trying her best to avoid eye contact with Tiffany. Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon by her shoulders, making Taeyeon look up at her face directly.

Tiffany took a step back in surprise when she saw the look on Taeyeon’s face. Taeyeon’s face was twisted and she had an extremely worried look on her face. Taeyeon was staring into Tiffany’s eyes with so much concern that it was almost frightening.

“Fany… what you are doing later… it’s going to be very dangerous isn’t it? Could you please not go…?” Taeyeon asked in a clearly strained voice.

Tiffany cocked her head to one side in confusion. She then realised that Taeyeon was referring to the police mission briefing notes that she had seen Taeyeon reading just now.

“It’s just a normal warehouse inspection isn’t it? You’re worrying too much… I’ve done many of these before and it’s always been very straight forward.” Tiffany said confidently.

“No… you don’t understand… it’s not going to be so simple-” Taeyeon said, biting her lip when she realised she had spoke too much.

“Sorry? What were you saying?” Tiffany asked, unsure why Taeyeon stopped halfway in her sentence.

“Oh… it’s nothing. Just promise me you will keep yourself safe.” Taeyeon said.

“Sure sure. You know you are like an ahjumma you know? Nagging and nagging non-stop.” Tiffany joked.

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon’s face. Taeyeon didn’t seem to have been humoured by the joke at all and just looked away.

“Well… See you next time then. Goodbye and stay safe.” Taeyeon said.

Tiffany nodded and waved goodbye in return as she stepped out of Taeyeon’s house.

 

 

Tiffany walked towards her workplace with her hands in her pockets and her pink cap on to shield her face from the sun. Tiffany was in deep concentration, wondering what Taeyeon’s words just now could possibly have meant.

Tiffany was still spacing out when she entered her office. A hand tapped her on her back suddenly, making Tiffany jump. Tiffany jumped around and glared at the person behind, who was none other than Seohyun.

“Mianhe~ I didn’t notice that you were thinking about something else.” Seohyun apologised sheepishly.

Tiffany smiled at Seohyun. Tiffany didn’t have the heart to be angry at Seohyun for long, looking at Seohyun’s innocent face.

“Ah-! I was going to tell you, did you know that a new colleague would be joining us today? I heard she’s called Sunny.” Seohyun exclaimed excitedly.

“Really? Wow, it’s been quite some time since someone last joined our team.” Tiffany’s eyes widened in surprise.

“Yup! I heard that she’s has had 3 years of experience in the field, and she was appointed to our group because of the recent increase in major criminal activities. The higher-ups believe that she would be a great addition to our team. She should be arriving shortly.” Seohyun said excitedly.

Tiffany nodded as she led the way to the meeting room, where they were arranged to meet each other.

Upon reaching the meeting room, they saw Yoona who was sitting inside reading a magazine. Upon hearing someone enter the room, Yoona stood up to see who it was. Upon finding out that it was Tiffany and Seohyun, she slumped back down onto her seat.

“Aww… It’s just Seohyun and oldie Tiffany. I almost thought it was someone important.” Yoona joked.

“Excuse me? Who are you calling old?” Tiffany glared at Yoona and ran to Yoona’s seat, playfully smacking Yoona on the shoulder.

“Mianhe mianhe. I’m just really looking forward to meeting our new member.” Yoona said as she took a glance up at Tiffany.

Yoona smiled slyly as she peeked at Tiffany.

“Ahah. Look who has a new pink cap now. Let me guess. A pact of love from Taeyeon?” Yoona teased.

Tiffany blushed as she face palmed herself, realising that she had forgotten to take her cap off, allowing Yoona to notice it.

“Yes… she did give that to me… But it’s not what you think…” Tiffany said pausing halfway in her sentence when she realised something.

The note on the cap that she received was prewritten, meaning that Taeyeon had bought that cap for Tiffany long ago and was meaning to give it to Tiffany as a present already. Tiffany blushed at the thought of that.

This time, both Yoona and Seohyun noticed Tiffany’s shy actions.

“UNNIE~! Don’t tell me you really like Taeyeon!” Seohyun exclaimed loudly.

Tiffany used her hand to cover Seohyun’s mouth in embarrassment.

“Shush!! Do you want everybody in this building to know about it?” Tiffany whispered to Seohyun.

“Ah-! So you admit that you like Taeyeon after all?” Yoona took the opportunity to press Tiffany even further.

“Urgh… I guess I can’t hide anything from you guys after all. I guess… maybe? But I doubt she feels the same way towards me… so…” Tiffany shrugged.

Yoona and Seohyun were about to press Tiffany for more information when a knock on the door was heard. All of them quickly went to their seats and sat down, attempting to look organised and serious.

As the door opened, a short girl stepped into the room. The short girl, upon seeing the other 3 officers sitting at the meeting table, gave them a 90 degrees bow.

“Good morning. I am Lee Sunny, and I have been appointed to join your team as a new member. Please do guide me along.” Sunny said as she bowed.

“Hi Sunny. There’s no need to be so formal with us. Like you said, we’re a team from now on, so we should try to open up to each other. I’m Tiffany.” Tiffany said, stretching her hands out to Sunny for a handshake.

“I’m Yoona!” Yoona squealed before shaking Sunny’s hand enthusiastically.

“I’m Seohyun. Nice to meet you.” Seohyun said and also starting shaking Sunny’s hand.

Sunny smiled warmly at the friendliness of the other three people whom she has just met.

“Well then. Now that introductions are done, we need to get down to work. Today we’ve got an important mission to complete. Has everyone read the mission briefing notes for the warehouse raid?” Tiffany asked.

“Yes ma’am.” Yoona, Seohyun and Sunny all said unanimously.

“That’s good. Since we have a new member now, we need to make some adjustments to our plans. Sunny, have you analysed the map of the warehouse already?” Tiffany checked with Sunny.

Sunny nodded in response.

“Okay. Since we have already made plans for the three of us, meaning me, Yoona and Seohyun, you will be in charge of patrolling the area surrounding the warehouse and help to ensure that it is safe at all times. Do you understand all of that so far?” Tiffany asked.

Sunny nodded again. Tiffany nodded satisfactorily before sitting down. Seohyun then stood up to do a detailed briefing on the plans later on.

“Okay. So the purpose of this mission is to follow up on a major criminal organisation. We have received leads that there is an organization which is storing suspicious goods in this warehouse. We will be conducting a raid on the warehouse to check for these goods.” Seohyun said.

All of them nodded in response. This came as no surprise to any of them, since all of them have read the mission briefing notes thoroughly.

“We will be leaving for the place in roughly 5 minutes. Before we leave, please check to ensure that all of our guns are fully loaded. Also, please check that your earpiece is working so that we can communicate with each other later easily. Later, Sunny, you will need to patrol the entire place constantly whilst we are inside checking the warehouse. That will be all.” Seohyun concluded.

“Oh yes. I just remembered. HQ told me to ask everybody here to replace our guns’ ammunition with this new set of bullets. Apparently it is lighter and can fly further than our current bullets.” Sunny said, taking out the box of ammunition she was carrying earlier on.

All of them replaced their ammunition and earpiece carefully before setting off to the designated vehicle. On the vehicle, all of them kept silent as they were all mentally going through what each of their roles later during the mission.

They arrived at the warehouse in 15 minutes. They parked 200 metres away in order to avoid detection and to avoid alerting anybody who might be in the warehouse. They quietly got off the car and split up into two teams. Team A consisted of Tiffany, Yoona and Seohyun, whilst Team B consisted of just Sunny, who was in charge of patrolling.

“Team A will proceed on to check that warehouse is clear of any suspects. Team B, ensure that ground is clear. Over.” Tiffany said into her earpiece.

“Yes ma’am.” The other three replied.

Tiffany, Yoona and Seohyun entered the warehouse cautiously. They stood at the entrance for a few moments first, taking in the brief layout of the warehouse. Tiffany felt that there was something odd about the place.

Firstly, all of the ventilation vents in the warehouse were closed tight with a silvery metal covering. This was rather uncommon in warehouses as warehouses in general needed good ventilation to avoid overheating and other problems. In addition to that, there were several gas pipe-looking things spread across the room, seemingly extremely out of place and serving no purpose whatsoever.

Tiffany gestured to Yoona and Seohyun to start searching the room to ensure that there are no other people there before starting their inspection.

They have just left the entrance to the warehouse for a few moments when suddenly the door slammed shut. Each of them whipped their heads around in alarm. A locking noise was heard coming from the door as each of them sprinted towards the door as fast as they could.

To their dismay, the door was already locked securely and could not be opened. Yoona tried slamming the door open with her body, but the door did not budge at all.

Seohyun immediately tried using her earpiece to contact Sunny, but strangely there was no signal and the earpiece could not be used to contact the outside at all.

“Sunny? Sunny! Come in! We’ve got trouble!” Seohyun shouted into her earpiece, but only a buzzing sound was heard from the other end.

All of them turned their heads around again when they heard some movement coming from inside of the warehouse. The noise did not just come from just one direction; instead it seemed to come from all directions surrounding them.

“Guys? I think we’ve got company…” Tiffany said; sweat trickling down her face as she tightened her grip around her pistol.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hehe. Some action going to come along following which drama will start. Please look forward to the next instalment of “My Dark Knight”! Weee!

I promise the story will be more exciting from now on… so… stay tuned please!

##Author Calls for Subscribers##