A Friendly Meeting

My Dark Knight

Tiffany started slowly waking up in the hospital bed. She opened her eyes slowly and started taking in the smell of the place she was in. The weak disinfectant smell and the whitewashed room immediately helped Tiffany realise that she was in a hospital.

Tiffany also noticed that the nurses had helped her to change out of her working uniform and she was now wearing a blue patient’s gown.

Tiffany then recalled what had happened earlier and immediately tried to get up to find out whether Yoona and Seohyun were safe too.

Tiffany tried sitting up in the bed but her head felt heavy and she lifted up her hands to massage her head, trying to ease the pain in her head. Tiffany groaned slightly and forcefully propped herself up by pushing her hands against the bed to get into a sitting position on the bed.

Tiffany looked around the room to find that Seohyun and Yoona were in two other beds to the sides of her. Tiffany heaved a sigh of relief to find that they were safe and sound as well.

Just then, both Yoona and Seohyun started stirring in their beds as well. Like Tiffany, they also faced difficulties getting up and were struggling slightly to sit up. Eventually, they managed to get themselves into a comfortable position and the three of them looked blankly at each other.

 “Umm… Does anybody remember how we ended up here?” Tiffany asked.

Yoona and Seohyun shrugged and shook their heads in response. They were equally confused about how they ended up in hospital.

“Uhhh… I think I remember someone came to save us… was it Sunny? I can’t remember very well…” Tiffany said, trying hard to clear her thoughts and remember what had happened.

“I don’t think so... I’m not really sure though… I didn’t really get a good look at her. But the person didn’t seem to have the body build as Sunny…” Yoona said.

Seohyun nodded in response, agreeing with what Yoona said.

“Argh… why does my head hurt so much when I’m trying to remember something important…” Tiffany groaned, massaging her temples with the heels of her hand.

Yoona and Seohyun nodded tiredly as well. Their heads were also throbbing slightly from the pain as they tried to use their brain cells.

Just then, the door to the ward opened as a doctor came into the room.

“Ah. I see the three of you are awake already. I’m Jessica Jung, a doctor working at this hospital. The three of you are placed under my care. Do you feel any pains whatsoever anywhere after waking up?” Jessica asked warmly, checking on their conditions.

All three of them nodded solemnly.

“Yea… all of us are having a slight headache, and it hurts slightly whenever we try to remember things… Does that mean we have a concussion or something?” Tiffany asked worriedly.

“Oh don’t worry so much about that. It’s only normal. The pain should subside fully after a few more minutes. So I’ll assume there are no other problems that the three of you are having?” Jessica said reassuringly.

All three of them nodded obediently in response to Jessica’s questions. Jessica smiled satisfactorily, glad that all three of them were fine.

“Alright… since all three of you are looking fine, I guess I’ll leave the room so you can get some rest. It’s just past dinnertime so dinner won’t be served and you might get hungry after a while. If you want you can go to the cafeteria downstairs to grab a bite.” Jessica instructed before preparing to take her leave.

“Umm, Doctor Jung? Do you know who brought us here?” Tiffany asked before Jessica left the room.

“You can call me Sica. I don’t know who brought you here; I’m sorry I can’t help you with that. Oh, but your friend, I believe she said her name is Sunny, has been waiting out since just now. Do you want me to help you call her in?” Jessica smiled before asking.

Tiffany smiled and nodded. *Oh so it WAS Sunny who rescued us after all.* Tiffany thought.

Jessica left the room and smiled and gestured for Sunny, who was sitting on a chair outside the ward, to enter the room, signalling that her friends were all safe and sound.

Sunny got up and walked briskly into the room upon seeing the doctor’s gestures, closing the doors to the room after she entered.

*Strange. Why was that person frowning as she entered the ward? Shouldn’t she be glad that her friends are happy?* Jessica shrugged as she continued to go on to the next ward to continue her duties.

After entering the room, Sunny smiled and greeted Tiffany, Yoona and Seohyun in turn enthusiastically.

“Hey. How are the three of you doing?” Sunny asked.

“We’re fine… Thank you so much for saving us just now. If it wasn’t for you I don’t know what would have happened to us.” Seohyun said, looking at Sunny sincerely.

Tiffany and Yoona nodded together, agreeing with what Seohyun had said.

“Save you? I’m sorry what do you mean?” Sunny asked in confusion.

“Hmm? Weren’t you the one who helped us to get out of that mess in the warehouse?” Seohyun asked, cocking her head to the side.

“Oh err… Yeah, I did.” Sunny smiled.

The three of them smiled and looked at Sunny in gratitude.

“Well I guess it’s definitely great to have such a great comrade in our team!” Yoona said cheerily.

Sunny smiled slightly at the compliment and just nodded in response.

“Oh yea, by the way, I called for reinforcements and all the suspects there have already been arrested, so there’s no need to worry about them.” Sunny reassured them.

“Hmm… but how did you manage to get into that ventilation shaft? I don’t remember our plans covering the entry points for all the various ventilation systems in the warehouse…” Tiffany asked.

“Oh… er… when I was a child I often went to that warehouse to play so I pretty much know that area like the back of my hand.” Sunny explained.

Tiffany nodded at the satisfactory explanation.

“Hmm… there are some other unanswered questions too…” Tiffany started to ask, but Sunny spoke up first.

“Oh don’t worry about them, just leave them to me. You should focus on resting well. Your health is more important than your work. Well I’ll leave you now, got to get back to work!” Sunny said as she winked.

Tiffany smiled as she nodded, watching as Sunny left the room hurriedly.

Tiffany stretched her body as she put her feet onto the ground. Yoona and Seohyun followed suit and got up as well, stretching their tired legs and arms.

Seohyun noticed her dirtied working clothes were laid up neatly in a pile at the side of the bed. Seohyun noticed that there were several large patches of blood stains near the front of the shirt she was wearing earlier.

*I don’t think I’m injured though...* Seohyun thought confusedly. *Must be one of the men’s blood which got onto my shirt*Seohyun shrugged, putting the thought out of her head.

“What’s wrong Seohyun? We’re going to grab a bite at the cafeteria downstairs now, we’re starving. Aren’t you going to come along?” Tiffany asked as she was exiting the ward with Yoona.

“Wha.. Oh I’m coming wait up!” Seohyun said as she quickly ran out after Tiffany.

As they neared the cafeteria, they heard a loud buzz originating from the inside of the cafeteria. As the three of them arrived at the cafeteria, they realised the source of the noise. Every seat in the cafeteria was occupied and all the stalls had a long queue of people waiting to purchase their food.

“Wow… so many people…” Seohyun gasped.

“Aww… Let’s buy our food first. Some of the seats should be empty by then.” Tiffany said hopefully as they split up to buy their food.

Five minutes later, each of them have bought their food. As they gathered together, each of them strained their eyes, trying to look for an empty seat so they could sit down and eat their meal.

Unfortunately, all the seats were still occupied and nobody seemed to have any intention of leaving their seats anytime soon.

“Gosh… how much longer do we have to wait to find a seat, I’m starving…” Yoona complained slightly.

“Hmm… Oh! I see someone sitting there by herself. Let’s ask her if we can sit with her?” Tiffany suggested.

Yoona and Seohyun nodded in agreement. Their stomachs were rumbling with hunger already and they could barely wait any longer to eat their food.

They walked over to the person sitting alone at a table carrying their trays of food. As they neared the table, Tiffany bent over and tapped the person’s shoulder lightly to get her attention.

“Umm… Excuse me… Could we sit here with you? We couldn’t find any other seats…” Tiffany asked politely.

As the person turned her head around to look at the person speaking, Tiffany realised she was none other than Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon!? What are you doing here?” Tiffany asked.

Yoona and Seohyun beside Tiffany looked at her in surprise. They remembered that Taeyeon was the one whom Tiffany was speaking fondly of the previous few days.

Yoona bent over to whisper into Seohyun’s ear.

“Ooh. This is a perfect chance for Tiffany!” Yoona said.

Seohyun nodded in agreement as she smiled widely.

Taeyeon’s eyes widened in surprise as well. She had not expected to see Tiffany, Yoona and Seohyun there either.

“Ohh… Hey. How are the three of you doing now? Are you all feeling alright?” Taeyeon asked in concern.

“Hmm? What do you mean?” Tiffany asked, cocking her head to the side.

*Oh darn. I wasn’t supposed to know that they were caught in a fight.* Taeyeon thought, biting on her tongue as she realised her mistake.

“Oh er… I mean…” Taeyeon tried to explain as a sudden movement in the corner caught her eyes.

“Be careful!” Taeyeon shouted, trying to alert a young boy who was running directly towards Tiffany’s direction.

The boy, who was no older than 7 or 8 years old, then realised that Tiffany’s group was in his path. He tried to stop running in order to avoid banging into them but it was too late and he crashed hard into Tiffany’s leg.

Tiffany let out a sharp scream as she lost her balance at the unexpected movement and fell backwards as her tray of food flew upwards and out of her hands. She closed her eyes expecting to collapse onto the floor with the hot soup in the tray poured all over her body.

Just before she fell however, she felt a hand wrap around her wrist, preventing her from falling any further. She opened her eyes to find that Taeyeon had caught her with her right arm.

In Taeyeon’s other hand was the tray, balanced perfectly on Taeyeon’s left hand which was outstretched to catch the tray. All the food inside was still intact.

The cafeteria suddenly grew quiet. At the sound of Tiffany’s sharp scream, most of them had put down whatever they were eating at the moment to look at the direction of the scream. They saw Taeyeon’s incredible act and were flabbergasted, struck dumb with amazement at her reflexes.

The people near Taeyeon and Tiffany’s group started clapping their hands and cheering for Taeyeon. *Bingo!* Yoona and Seohyun thought.

Taeyeon’s cheeks grew red in embarrassment as she winced slightly in pain. Her left arm was not fully recovered yet and catching the tray at a height forced her to put stress onto the wound in her shoulder. She quickly set the tray down onto the table to ease the pain in her arm.

Taeyeon then turned her head to look at Tiffany to check whether she was safe.

“Tiffany, are you okay?” Taeyeon asked in concern.

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon dazedly. She imagined that she saw Taeyeon sparkling brightly, like a knight in shining armour who always comes to rescue her.

Tiffany blinked several times whilst looking at Taeyeon’s face. Tiffany’s heart was thumping faster and faster as she stood in an uncomfortable angle, supported only by Taeyeon’s outstretched arm.

Taeyeon helped to pull Tiffany up to a standing position. Taeyeon saw that Tiffany was blushing slightly and hurriedly released her grip on Tiffany’s arm, realising that she was gripping Tiffany’s arm a little too tightly.

Tiffany then snapped out of her thoughts and blushed as she faced Taeyeon.

“Ahhh… thank you Taeyeon… looks like you saved me again.” Tiffany said shyly.

Taeyeon nodded shyly in response as well.

Yoona and Seohyun giggled at the two’s shy actions. They whispered to each other excitedly.

“Wow… so cool…” Seohyun said with agape.

“Now I know why Tiffany is so infatuated with her.” Yoona giggled.

Just then, the boy bowed down to apologise to Tiffany.

“I’m sorry for being so playful in the cafeteria. I promise I won’t do it again.” The boy apologised sheepishly.

Tiffany smiled and bent down, patting the boy’s head.

“It’s okay. Just remember to look where you are running next time.” Tiffany said forgivingly.

The boy smiled in gratitude as he left them.

Taeyeon coughed shyly to get Tiffany’s attention. Tiffany then turned her attention back to Taeyeon.

“Ahem… didn’t you three want to sit down and eat? What are you waiting for?” Taeyeon smiled warmly.

Tiffany regained her composure and wanted to sit down opposite of Taeyeon, but Yoona cheekily pushed her and forced her to sit beside Taeyeon. Yoona and Seohyun sat opposite of Taeyeon and Tiffany.

Tiffany stared daggers at Yoona as Yoona just ignored her and smiled it off. Yoona bent over and whispered to Tiffany.

“Your girlfriend Taeyeon is very jjang~!” Yoona teased.

Tiffany blushed at the word ‘girlfriend’ and playfully smacked Yoona’s arm, trying to make her stop spouting nonsense.

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany’s actions strangely as she didn’t know what Yoona had told Tiffany.

Seohyun started speaking first.

“Umm… Unnie, you must be Taeyeon unnie right? I’m Seohyun.” Seohyun introduced herself.

“Taeyeon unnie, I’m Yoona.” Yoona said, introducing herself as well.

“You can call me Taeyeon, there’s no need to add ‘unnie’ behind. Our ages aren’t really that far apart. I guess Fany told you about me?” Taeyeon said.

Seohyun and Yoona looked at Taeyeon blankly before realising what Taeyeon had addressed Tiffany as.

Yoona giggled as she whispered to Tiffany again.

“So you guys have already advanced to the nicknames stage? That’s pretty fast!” Yoona commended Tiffany.

Tiffany smacked Yoona on her arm again, trying to make Yoona stop teasing her.

“Anyway… so Taeyeon what brings you here?” Tiffany asked curiously, trying to change the subject.

“Oh… I was visiting a relative. I’ve been here since early afternoon. What about you?” Taeyeon made up an excuse.

“Ah… Just now we were doing some police activities and we were ambushed. Luckily our colleague Sunny saved us in time before we got harmed.” Yoona said, observing for Taeyeon’s reaction.

*Sunny? That name sounds familiar… Why do they have the impression that that person saved them?* Taeyeon thought strangely.

“Oh… really? That’s great I suppose.” Taeyeon said, trying to sound happy for them, but failed miserably as her voice came out slightly strained.

Taeyeon smiled awkwardly, trying to appear innocent. She could not reveal the fact that she was actually the one who saved them as that would seriously compromise her identity.

Yoona and Seohyun mistook Taeyeon’s actions to be out of jealousy and smiled.

“Ahhh! Your girlfriend is jealous because she wasn’t the one to save you!” Yoona whispered again to Tiffany.

Tiffany sighed as she gave up trying to make Yoona stop teasing her.

During the meal, Yoona and Seohyun continuously stole glances at Taeyeon and Tiffany. They noticed that Taeyeon smiling sweetly as she secretly watched Tiffany eat.

*It’s so good to see that you are safe and sound.* Taeyeon thought thankfully as she watched Tiffany tuck into her food hungrily.

Tiffany stopped eating as she felt a pair of eyes focused onto her. She turned her head to see Taeyeon gazing straight at her face and blushed as a result.

Taeyeon realised that she had been caught in her actions and coughed awkwardly. Taeyeon finished her food and wiped clean with a piece of tissue paper.

“Well I guess I’ll get going first. See you guys next time then.” Taeyeon said as she stood up.

“See you!” Tiffany, Yoona and Seohyun said unanimously.

As Taeyeon left, Yoona and Seohyun started chattering to Tiffany excitedly about her new ‘girlfriend’ and how she saved her earlier on, making Tiffany feel extremely embarrassed and awkward.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sunny is complicating things isn’t she? :’( Right now it’s still fluff though… to cushion the upcoming drama? :)

What will Sunny do to them? Stay tuned to find out~

Subscribe and comment! WEE!