We're really part of B&R??!!

I’m a back-up for dance, not for love!

 

Lee Hae Ri had her head on the table, tiredly tapping in to the beat of the music that is playing in the café. She’s looking outside the window, waiting for someone to come.

 

She once again remembers the announcement in the auditions yesterday…

 

 

“Jang Wooyoung, Jung Krystal, Hwang Chansung, Lee Hae Ri, Lee Taemin, Lui Amber, Ok Taecyeon, Min, Kim Heechul, Suzy.”

 

As their name was called, they stepped to the front, making a different row. All of them looked nervous, some were even about to cry.

 

“You are all accepted! Congratulations!” Mr. Lee Dong Hae announced.

 

Those ten people jumped and cheered happily. Krystal, Amber, and Taemin went to each other for a group hug, seems like they’re very close friends. Heechul then approached the three and messed up their hair saying “You guys did great! Congratulations to us!”

 

Chansung and Taecyeon high-fived then hugged each other, and then they went to Min and Suzy, who were still in shock, to congratulate them.

 

Hae Ri went to Wooyoung to congratulate him. They don’t know why, but they end up hugging each other out of happiness.

 

 

‘waaah~ I can’t believe it. I’m now part of B&R.’ Hae Ri thought.

 

A flick in her forehead brought her back to reality. She lifted her head up and looked at that person.

 

It was Wooyoung who came. He sat across Hae Ri’s seat.

 

“What’s up with the spacing out?” Wooyoung asked while slightly laughing.

 

Hae Ri smiled and said, “Nothing, just reminiscing on yesterday.”

 

“Pft!” Wooyoung teasingly said and then they laughed.

 

They are here to meet with the other accepted dancers (Chansung, Taecyeon, Min, Suzy, Taemin, Krystal, Amber, and Heechul). They became quite close yesterday because of the celebration their batch had after the announcement.

 

Now they’re here to eat breakfast together before going to the company.

 

They ate their breakfast happily as they remember their feelings during the auditions yesterday.

 

It’s now 9AM and they need to go to the company, which is just in front of the café.

 

They went straight to the biggest dance studio in the company (the same room where they had their first round of auditions). That’s where all the dancers of that company have their morning assembly.

 

Mr. Jay welcomed everyone.

 

“Good morning, everyone!”

 

Everyone responded energetically with a ‘good morning’

 

“Yeh! I can feel the energy! Keep that up! Oh! Before I forgot, let’s welcome our newest batch of dancers! The babies of our company! Com’on over here in front.”

 

With that call, all of the 50 new dancers went to front.

 

They all bowed in unison after Heechul count to three.

 

All of the older dancers and members of the company clapped their hands and cheered for the newbies.

 

The 50 new dancers introduced themselves in front of everyone. After that they were given their company ID’s. They were all in awe after seeing the ID.

 

After all the introductions, the 50 new dancers were now assigned to different works. Some were assigned to be dance partners for a performance of an idol, most of them were assigned to be backup dancers for different idols. But there are also some who were asked to be part of their training program first.

 

All of this happened to the calm and inspiring room of their president.

 

**Park Jay Beom’s perspective**

 

“So as you all know, we choreograph and backup for several entertainment companies. Each company have contracts with us to how many dancers they need. So, I’ll assign you now.”

 

I looked at all of them and saw the excitement in their eyes. Those eyes should continue to sparkle wherever you get assigned or whatever dance you’ll perform.

 

“Remember, whatever kind of dance you’ll perform, you should dance it with pride, okay?”

 

I looked at them again, just to keep the suspense. I reached out for the list which we already made during the auditions.

 

“Another thing…”

 

I saw them smiling and laughing a bit. They have realized that I’m dragging the time.

 

“Wherever company you’ll be assigned, your still part of B&R, okay? You can’t sign other contracts without letting us know, okay? And your assignments are not permanent, it can change, understand?”

 

The kids just smiled and nodded. Now it really is the time to announce their assignments.

 

“For YG Ent., they need 50 dancers for their idols’ performances and concert, 15 of you will be assigned there together with the other 35 older dancers…”

 

Some have their hopes high, waiting for me to call their name. Some just looking at me, maybe wanting me not to call their name. So here it goes…

 

“Hae Ri, Suzy, Wooyoung, Taemin, Key, Taecyeon, Krystal, Taemin, Heechul, Min, Amber, Chansung, Junho, Luna,  Joon.”

 

The ones I called were very pleased and excited. We made a good choice. Most of these kids here can really catch up with YG artists’ stage attitude, and can really fill out the space in stage with dancing.

 

“The 15 of you go to Vic. She’s in charge with the dancers for YG, so she’ll orient you on what you’ll do, okay? Now go.”

 

~~

 

“It’s so amazing we’re all assigned to the same company!” Krystal said as she clings energetically to Amber and Hae Ri.

 

The 10 friends agreed, but they noticed that they’ve left behind the other 5 with them.

 

“Hey, let’s not outcast the other 5.” Wooyoung said as he approach Junho.

 

“We’ll all be close friends, all right?” Wooyoung added.

 

As they reached the dance room where Vic is, all of them were left in shock.

 

 “Oh, you’re all here. Come in!”


Thank you so much for reading! :)