For Just This Moment

Remember Me

 

[June 2010]

[Author POV]

Without leaving her lips, Daesung picks Mi Sun up, bridal style. He smiles against her lips. She pulls away and holds on his neck tightly, afraid she’ll fall. Quietly, Daesung slips out of the kitchen and strides to his room, leaving the other three wrestling on the floor. Just as Daesung’s door closes shut, the others stop fighting. They all smirk and have a round of high fives.

“Damn easy.” Jiyong comments, smiling.

YoungBae, breathing heavily, plops back down on the couch. He rubs his arm. “You really didn’t have to actually bite me, Seungri.”

“And you didn’t have to pull my hair out either, Seungri.” Jiyong adds, groaning. Seungri shrugs and acts innocent.

“I’m not called victory for nothing.” Seungri boyishly smiles.

~O~O~

Meanwhile, Daesung and Mi Sun were already on his bed. No, they’re not doing what you think they’re doing. Daesung still can’t stand that. Even if he is with Mi Sun, he doesn’t want to do that now, not when she still hasn’t remembered. He’s already taken advantage of her just by kissing her.

“Aren’t you tired?” Mi Sun breathes out, finally breaking apart for air.

“Not one bit.” Daesung murmurs, claiming her lips again.

This time, Mi Sun kisses back weakly. She pulls away and he softly whimpers. As he leans down for another kiss, Mi Sun gently pushing him back. Just like Daesung did, Mi Sun shakily holds his face in her hands. She looks into his eyes, looking at what he’s feeling. It’s mixture of something strong and never ending, as if she’s seen that ever since she was a child. A stolen happiness, a moment of heaven… A sight of love in his eyes also?

Her stomach flutters and her eyes water. The look reflected her own feelings, feelings that she shouldn’t have. Her mind brings up Kang Jiyoung, Daesung’s girlfriend. Mi Sun’s stomach instantly knots up instead. She closes her eyes, not wanting to look into his overflowing gaze. Guilt is wrecking her heart. She may not know Jiyoung well, but she knows Daesung enough to not bring him any sort of pain. Her feelings for him have developed and she’s scared that she’ll lose herself in it. These so-called memories are already flooding her and she doesn’t want them to happen with a man who was in a relationship. That made her sick, sick to her core.

She won’t mess with a relationship like that, no matter how much she’s fallen. She feels him touch her face, feeling the wetness in between his fingers and her cheeks. Once she opens her eyes, she’s met with a worried face. She didn’t realize she was crying, didn’t realize how much pain this is causing her.

She gently smiles at Daesung, making his heart pound faster. Lost in his longing for her, he didn’t realize what he’s been doing. But, truthfully, he didn’t regret it one bit. He’s missed the feel of her lips. He opens his mouth, ready to announce what he’s been missing to say.

“I—“

“Shh.” Mi Sun interrupts. She sensed his sudden mood; saw the change in his eyes. Scared, she didn’t want to hear it, not now. “It’s late. I want you to sleep.” She whispers.

With a defeated sigh, Daesung closes his eyes, cutting off the tears from forming. Here he goes again, being carried away with his past memories.

“Good night, Daesung.” He hears her softly say.

“Good night, Won Mi Sun.” Daesung replies, tiredly defeated. Sweet dreams. Dream of sweet memories was the last thing he thought before he drifted off to sleep with his lost lover buzzing in his arms.

Just for tonight, this will be my last moment for I will completely hold back from now on. I don’t think I can hurt you, Daesung, She thought, rubbing her thumb gently across his cheek.

She couldn’t sleep that night, never once did she close her eyes. She didn’t want to miss this moment unconscious. At 5 a.m., she silently parts from his arms. With one last look over her shoulder, she leaves his room, thinking if she should just leave his house whole.

~O~O~

[June 2010; The Next Day]

[Daesung POV]

“Mmm…” I mumble, keeping my eyes closed. Even with a confused mind, last night was pure bliss. The feel of her lips were amazing. I blindly brush my hand on the bed next to me, wanting to hold her. With nothing but cold air I snap my eyes open. I sit from the bed and look around. It’s completely silent.

I eye my bathroom door. Maybe she’s taking a shower…? But it’s quiet in there, too. I scramble out of bed, falling off in the process. I untangle myself from the blankets and run out of my room, suddenly having the need to see her face.

I know today is my day off. And I was hoping to spend it with her. I walk in the kitchen, finding nothing. She isn’t in the living room either. With hands already shaking, I go to the room. Empty.

“Mi Sun-ah!” I shout once I leave her room, hoping to hear a reply.

Silence.

Not even bothering to change, I slip on my shoes and run out the door, keys in hand. I leave the car idly running as my brain catches up to me. Where am I even going to go? Who knows where Mi Sun would run off? How come I didn’t notice her leave my side?

Okay, I know the answer to the last question for sure… Aish, I really do need to stop hanging around with the guys. I hung out with them enough for me to dream erted dreams about…

 I bang my head at the wheel, numerous times. Trying to shake away those dreams, I drive off, deciding to drive around the neighborhood first. Anxious, I stop driving when I only drove around the first few times. Just as I was about to bang my abused head some more, I suddenly remembered that I could call her…

Feeling completely stupid, I grab my phone and dial her number. I impatiently tap on the wheel as it continues to ring, trying to calm my nerves down along the way.

“Yoboseyo?” A familiar, soft voice answers.

I sigh in relief. “Mi Sun-ah, where are you? Why did you—?“

“Mi Sun unnie! Whom are you talking to?” Another familiar voice interrupts on the other line.

“Your Daesung oppa, Jiyoung.” I hear Mi Sun say.I flinch at her words.            

“Really? Let me talk to him!” Jiyoung squeals. Before I can refuse, Jiyoung’s voice coos through the phone. “Daesung oppa~”

-----------------------------------------

A/N: It's the weekend again! Guess what that means? More updates!

Comments? It makes me smile :)