Chapter 1

Masked

 

“I’m sorry Hangeng, please hate me, or my heart will break,” Heechul said as he looked at the sleeping person.

 

He left with the coming of dawn, with the rising of the shadows.

 

And by day, they were now enemies.

 

(break)

 

Leeteuk could not understand. The world had been plunged into the dark and every day was a struggle for survival, but why had so many left them? They had made a promise not to kill, but to protect and help, but still, so many had left to join the blood shed and were driven into madness. So many had been killed, so many had become murderers.

 

Leeteuk walked around the base as his small group tried to ward against the evil penetrating their base.

 

Kyuhyun, and Heechul had left, only to come back to torture them, while Kangin was killed in front of his own eyes.

 

He questioned what could have changed Heechul so much that he came back to kill his past friends.

 

But now he was a murderer, he was their enemy.

 

(break)

 

Heechul stared sadly at his old base, concealed among his secret outcropping. He knew he was now their enemy and he would have to act as their insane killer now.

 

He wanted to go back to the days where everyone was happy, where even food wasn’t a problem, but lives were at stake, he couldn’t allow a change in his attitude to occur when even Kyuhyun had given up what he had loved to help his hyung..

 

He put on his insane smile again as the orders were called for him to return to his “new” base.

 

(break)

 

Sungmin felt like a zombie everyday without Kyuhyun. The man had broken Sungmin mentally as everyday was torture, seeing Kyuhyun as his enemy.

 

He had screamed before the two had left, WHY?

 

But both Kyuhyun and Heechul had smirked laughing about how week they were and how they left because what they wanted was power.  How alone he felt as he huddled quietly in a corner, waiting for the next attack on his life. He had promised Leeteuk he would always struggle to survive for the rest of them, but without Kyuhyun what was the point?

 

(break)

 

Hangeng remembered the day that Heechul had left, the cat that he could never catch smirked and stabbed him in the arm before leaving him bleeding in pain. For days he had struggled between life and death.

Heechul was like the wind, Hangeng was like the net. Every time he felt he had finally captured him, Heechul agained disappeared and this time the wind was determined to rip the net to shreads.