Chapter 8

Meeting again

Heechul dragged himself back to the dorms. He needed relief, it was 

Suffocating. 

If he could describe everything in one word

Suffocating.

He had shut everybody out, but in turn no fresh air from the outside could come in, but he'd rather die than feel again.

All there was in reality, was pain.

He dragged out the bottles of soju located in the refrigerator and dragged them in his room as he allowed the cold effervesent liquid to slide down his throat.

Like medicine, like poison.

(break)

Hangeng and the other Super Junior members had looked Everywhere, EVERYWHERE they could to find Heechul but to no avail. As they all climbed exhaustedly back into the dorm, they found the dorm lights on. They barged into the dorm to find Heechul incoherrently splayed on the floor next to empty bottles of soju.

He had dived out of reality again.

Hangeng reached to lift the thin man and gasped in suprise.

"He's burning up!"

Leeteuk's head automatically swung around as the group's umma.

"He probably never took his wet clothes off....GET HIM IN THE BATH NOW AND THEN PUT HIM IN BED,"

Hangeng nodded and carefully removed Heechul from the ground and brought him to the bathroom, filling the bath with warm water.

Suddenly he heard a drunken giggle spill from his arms

"Hannie? Are you back? I missed youuuu."

"Heechul, you are drunk and sick right now, you need to take a bath,"

He slowly remove the latter's clothes and placed him into the hot water.

Suddenly Heechul's voice became small and childlike, "Hannie, Hannie, don't leave me...but not even you could see when I needed help the most could you?...I was never needed,"

And with that Heechul fainted again into Hangeng's arms as Hangeng stood shocked at Heechul's words.

(break)

Heechul woke up and groaned as the sun's rays hit his eyes.

He had a spliting head ache, but for some reason he couldn't move his arms.

"Here" Somebody said and he gratefully took the pills and water. 

As his head cleared, he looked around to find all of his appendages handcuffed to the bed.

"Teukie...you really do go overboard," He looked up to meet face of Hangeng.

"I've been put in charge of taking care of you,"

"I don't need you to take care of me, you are the reason I am like this," Heechul hissed.

Hangeng flinched, the grating words hurt, but he hadn't seen Heechul's pain before, he could at least try to help him now.

He wasn't going to be late this time.

Instead of using words which were Heechul's shield, something he could manipulate so easily, Hangeng slipped past that and just hugged the fragile man. Cuddling his small body against his own.

"Please,show any emotion....your mother died...I left you...but you still haven't cried have you?"

Heechul attempted to edge away.

"You were never able to help me cry even when you stood beside me, how is this different now?"