04.

The Vamps'

 

You saw a bench and sat there. Yoomi went to the ice-cream parlor to buy ice creams. You were alone. It was silent. The day was becoming darker. You pouted and sighed. Small raindrops fell down. “Oh no…” You gasped and ran to somewhere safe. “What about Yoomi?” You bet your lower lip and stopped running. The rain became heavier; “Whatever!” you shook your head and continued to run.

In your way, you bumped into someone. “Omo, I’m sorry!” You bowed without looking who the person you bumped into and continued to run.

Baekhyun was the one you bumped into. He turned around and saw you running to ‘your shelter’. Oh, she’s Chanyeol’s little sis, he thought. He was carrying an umbrella. He was using it. Should lend this to her? Whatever. With that, he closed his umbrella and ran to where you are.

He arrived on his destination. “Um, Bella Park?” He asked, shyly. You turned to your side and saw your brother’s friend. “Omo, Annyeonghaseyo,” you bowed. Who’s this?  You thought and blinked your eyes rapidly. “Come on; don’t tell me you don’t recognize me?” He chuckled. “Um,” you wondered. “I’m Baekhyun.” He smiled to you, took your hand and shook hands with you. You blushed.

After some silence,

“How did you--?”
“When’s the rain--?”

The both of you laughed. “You first.” You smiled to Baekhyun.” He chuckled, “How did you end up like this?” he raised an eyebrow. “Were you alone?” he asked. “Um, no,” was your only answer. “Oh,” he nodded.

“So, you’re going to Shinhwa High?” You asked. “Kind of. Me and Kyungsoo, that is.” He sighed and smiled. He’s good looking, you thought. “Kyungsoo?” You raised an eyebrow. “He’s quite cold.” He shrugged.  “He’s the scary-looking guy, eh?” You blurted. Oops, you thought. “He looks scary, right?” He laughed. You then nodded in agreement and laughed.

“You’re not going?” Baekhyun asked. “What about you?” You asked. “Nah, I’m fine here.” He smiled. “Should I walk you home? I got an umbrella.” He smiled even wider. “Um, why didn’t you use it?” You tilted your head. “Because of…” He dazed. What the hell? He thought. “Never mind, that’s not important, though.” You smiled. “So, you’re not alone?” He asked. “Yeah,” you answered. “Who are you with, then?” He raised an eyebrow. “My friend, Yoomi.” You sighed.

Your phone then rang, “Hello?” You picked the call up. “Where are you when it’s raining heavily like this?!” A voice yelled. “Oh my god, Yoomi. You don’t have to yell, do you?” You chuckled. “Hey, come on! Birthday girl can’t get home, having a cold!” She whined. You chuckled more, making Baekhyun raise his eyebrow. You looked at him and shrugged. “Yeah, I can’t get home. I’ll be staying at the motel tonight.” You sighed. “No way!” Yoomi yelled. “That’s the only way.” You smiled to your phone. “I just want to make your birthday special…” Yoomi saddened. “Aw, it’s not that I don’t want to celebrate it with you…” you comforted. “Well, at least have a place to stay, okay? I’m hanging up!” She brightened. “Ok.” You smiled.