Wonderful Companion.

After Every Storm, There's Always A Rainbow

8 am. Ugh, morning already? I pulled the duvet over my eyes, covering the sunlight. Somehow I never expected sunlight to be so menacing, especially today
A bit of the light could still penetrate through so I gave up and sat up from my bed. It's a Saturday. That means no work for today. That means no Sunggyu. My heart fell at the thought. I'm still angry about what he did but some part of me still feels worried. For what, I don't know. Should I go visit him again? Would he shut the door at my face again if I do? Maybe I shouldn't meet him. Not yet. But my gut tells me something's going on. 

 

 

I took my towel and headed to the bathroom. But from the corner of my eye I noticed something on the study table. A note. From Eun Jung?

 

.....Unnie! I'm going out to study with my friends!
     So don't cook dinner for me okay?
     I'll be home around 10. Saranghae!......

 

Aish this girl. She better study and not go somewhere else. Finals are just around the corner. If I hadn't been expelled I would have been studying right now. 
Suddenly I missed school. I missed being so carefree. I missed studying. With Taemin. I remembered what happened last night. He's always there for me when I'm down. It's like he knows how I feel. And he knows just how to cheer me up. 

 

A knock on the door startled me. Who could it be? Did Eun Jung forget something? 
I headed towards the door. "Yah, you better be out studying or else-" Standing in front of me was not Eun Jung. It wasn't even a girl. 
It was Taemin. "Or else what?" He asked with a playful smirk on his face. "T-Taemin ah, what are you doing here?" Just then I realized I had my towel hanging on my shoulders, my hair in a mess and my breath smelled like dead fish. In an instant I covered my mouth with both my hands. Taemin chuckled and brushed my hair. " I see someone just woke up." He took off his shoes and went in. I was still standing at the front door, dumbfounded. What is he doing here? This is so embarrassing! 

 

"Yah, are you just going to stand there?" He called out from inside. I quickly snapped back to reality and closed the door. I walked into the living room and saw him lazily sitting on the couch with his legs on the small coffee table. "W-What are you doing here? Don't you have dance class or something?" I made sure I was at a reasonable distance from him so that he won't be able to smell my murderous breath from hell. "Ani, finals are coming up so my company expects me to focus on my studies first." He said while rubbing the back of his neck. Now that I noticed, he's really dressed up. He's wearing a cap, sunglasses dangling from the low v-neck collar of his plain grey shirt. His jeans don't look so tight or loose. It fits perfectly. And is that cologne I smell? 

 

"Yah, are you going on a date or something? Why do you look as though you're some sort of celebrity?" At this point I can't help but laugh, not forgetting to cover my mouth with my hands. Taemin just smiled and stood up, coming closer towards me, with both hands in his pockets. Uh oh, please don't get near me, please! I prayed silently in my mind. He stopped just a few inches away from me that I had to turn my head to avoid eye contact. " Yup, I'm going on a date." My eyes widen. 

 

"A-A date? With who?" I can't help but glance at him to make sure he's serious. A date with...Jiyeon? Or was it someone else? "With you of course." 

 

"M-Muh? With me? Yah, you do remember that I'm with Sunggyu right?" Is he being serious? "Of course I remember. What I meant was a study date silly." He flicked my forehead and I felt myself blushing. ....Aish Min Jung ah...what were you thinking? Pabo....I secretly scolded myself. "A study date? But, I don't go to school remember?" "Yes, but you were the top student in our class for a few years remember?" He smiled.

 

"Aish, fine. So you want me to tutor you is that it? Why didn't you say so? You don't have to call it a study date you know." I lightly pushed him and made my way towards the bathroom. "But I want it to be called 'date'." I turned back and he gave me a cheeky smile. I shook my head and flashed him a whatever look. I told him to make himself at home while I bathe. 

 

He simply knows when to appear. Just when I was feeling down thinking about Sunggyu, he pops out of no where getting my mind off him. Again, it's like he knows how I feel. Like we're connected. Well, I can't wait for our study date. That help distract myself from thinking about Sunggyu again. I smiled to myself and quickly got ready for a warm shower. 


 | Taemin's P.O.V |

 

Sunglasses, check. Cap, check. New shirt, check. Alright. I'm all ready to meet her now. Just the thought of it already sent butterflies going crazy in my stomach. Today's the day I'm going to ask her on a date. A study date. Oh, right, books and pens. I hope she's free. And I really hope nothing goes wrong today. And that means no interruptions. Especially from you-know-who. I saw him that day. In the street in front of her house.

 

I was on my way there, after dance practice, hoping to see Min Jung just for awhile when I saw him. Quickly, I hid behind the nearest mailbox. He seemed to be looking this way. . Did he notice me? Then I heard footsteps. But it's getting softer and softer. I took the risk and came out from my hiding place. Ouh...he's gone? 

 

Did something happen? He looked, troubled. He always looked carefree. Not that I always take note of how he is of course. But something tells me he's not his usual self. Could he have possibly....fought with Min Jung? No that can't be right? But, if they really did fight, and he hurt her, I could never forgive him. I can never forgive anyone who hurts her. Maybe I shouldn't visit her tonight. I turned around and start my way home. 

 

The sight of Min Jung crying alone at the park yesterday was terrible. She was just sitting there, all alone, in that park, sobbing. And I know it's because of him. So that's why today, my mission is to cheer her up. Before I went out of the house I remembered to check myself in the mirror and put plenty of perfume. Once I'm all set, I headed out.


| Min Jung's P.O.V |

 

I picked a floral dress that dropped right above my knee and let down my hair. Since Taemin's all dressed up, I didn't want to be the one looking like a hooligan. So I tried my best to look presentable as well. I clipped a butterfly pin on my hair so that my fringe won't bother my vision and I put on some fake spectacles. I looked at the mirror. Okay maybe the specs is too much. I took them off and placed them back in the drawer. Where did I get those anyway? Must be Eun Jung's. Hmm. Before going out of the room, I remembered to put on a little bit of powder and perfume. Satisfied with my look, I head outside to the living and a pair of eyes instantly looked at me.

 

"So, how do I look? I wanna dress up to for our 'study date' too." I said and I twirled around in my dress like a princess, but remembering to hold on to the lower part so that it doesn't show the underside. "You look....stunning." Taemin stood up from the couch and came towards me. He took my hands and twirled me around again and I let out a giggle. "So, are you ready to go?" I nodded. 


 

We went to the nearby library and went into one of the discussion rooms. Surprisingly, it wasn't that packed with students even though finals are coming. Taemin pulled out a chair for me and I sat down. "So, what are we starting on first?" I took out a few pieces of blank paper and my pencil case, ready to teach Taemin and also excited to start studying after a long time. Instead Taemin just sat there and smiled. "Yah, are we really going to start now? We just got here. Let's rest a bit neh?" He said as he took off his cap and fanned himself. 

 

Even though I felt a bit disappointed, I couldn't help but agree with Taemin. "Sorry, I was just excited to strat studying again that's all. We'll start in an hour okay?" I said, feeling a bit embarrassed. 

 

We sat there in silence. It wasn't really an awkward silence but it felt nice. Just the two of us alone in the room, staring at each other. Wait...he's staring at me. Why is he staring at me? Suddenly I felt my cheeks get warmer and I fanned myself. Taemin seemed to noticed and smiled. Wow, he really looks different. Really like a celebrity. Flawless skin, nice smile and pink lips. Hold on a second, was I checking him out? I felt myself blushing again and I stood up. "U-um, I'm gonna go get us something to drink okay? You...stay here and take out your books, we're starting right after I come back." He pouted and pretended to cry but in the end nodded and smiled. "Arasso seongsaengnim!" I rolled my eyes and went out. 

 

There wasn't any snacks sold in the library so I decided to go out to the nearest convenience store. On the way out I bumped into someone and fell. "Ouch!" I rubbed my . "I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking- Min Jung ah!" A familiar voice. I looked up and was surprised to see Jiyeon standing right in front of me. "Jiyeon ah!"  She held out her hand and held me up. We gave each other light hugs. "What are you doing here?" I asked her. "Oh, I'm here to study of course. Finals are coming so my company is giving me a break to concentrate on my studies! What are you doing here?" Then I realized, I'm with Taemin. 

 

This might be a good chance for Jiyeon to get closer to him! But some part of me doesn't want her to know. And why is that? Ani, Min Jung ah, you have to complete your mission. I told myself. "Um, I'm studying with..." I trailed off, still unsure if I should tell her. "With? Omo, are you with Taemin?" I gave a slight nod and she started grabbing my shoulders and jumped up and down. "Omo, Min Jung ah! This is a great opportunity! Do you mind if I join you guys?" Jiyeon bit her lower lip and looked earnestly at me, making it hard for me to say no. "Arasso. Just don't get distracted okay? We're here to study." i said with a slight hint of disappointment in my voice. But Jiyeon doesn't seem to notice. Why was I disappointed anyway? Wasn't this a great opportunity for her? Aish, what am I thinking.

 

Jiyeon locked her arms with mine and I lead her inside the library to where Taemin is waiting patiently with his headphones on and his body swaying from side to side as though he's dancing while sitting. "Taemin-" "Taemin ah, annyeong!" Jiyoen let go of my hand and ran in front of him. Taemin seem surprised to see Jiyeon in front of him and he tunred to look at me with a confused expression. I mouthed him an apology and just lifted my shoulders. Taemin shook his head but smiled brightly when he turned to Jiyeon. 

 

"Annyeong Jiyeon ah." He said, also with a slight hint of disappointment in his voice. I sighed and sat opposite of Taemin while Jiyeon took the seat beside him. Something tells me it's going to be a long day today.