I'm Sorry.

After Every Storm, There's Always A Rainbow

|Sunggyu's P.O.V|

 

I locked the door behind me and headed straight to the toilet. Somehow, I felt nauseous. I the lights in the bathroom. Ugh, even the lights adds to my headache. I staggered in front of the sink and splashed the icy cold water to my face. I looked up and see my own reflection in the mirror. What's wrong with me? Why am I acting this way? Is it because of what she said? ...Don't you think you're too old for unnie?... Why did she say that? 

 

I know it myself. She didn't have to rub it in. How am I suppose to face Min Jung now? Without feeling insecure about myself. Does age even matter when it comes to love? Is Min Jung the type of person who cares about all this? No, if she is then, we wouldn't be together in the first place right? Right. I turned off the lights and decided to get a glass of water. 

 

I put my glass under the tap and turned it on. Dang it, why must mini-Min Jung be so difficult to please? I don't know how I'll face her or Min Jung. It's obvious. She likes that Taemin kid. And she obviously prefers Min Jung to go out with him right? Because, he's...younger. The word 'younger' seemed to echo silently in my head. Water started to spill from the glass and I realized I left the tap on for too long. Instead of drinking it, I put the glass in the sink and turned off the tap. I headed to the living room, not bothering to turn on the lights and slumped myself onto the couch. The couch where Min Jung slept on that day she twisted her ankle. I traced the cold surface of the leather couch as I remembered the events of that particular day...

 

......"Hey, aren't I supposed to be the one giving you a piggyback ride?
"Yah, how can I let my princess carry me? And it's because of me that our dear princess sprained her ankle.
"...

 

 

I swear, that night was the most wonderful night of my life. It's the night I found out how much Min Jung meant to me....
I can't bear to see her hurt. If she's hurt, it's as though I'm hurt too. If she's crying, some part of me feels like breaking down. Somehow, I feel like we're connected in some way. I can always know what she's thinking about. Like our minds are connected. Does she know how I'm feeling right now though? Or is it just a one-sided thing? ...Call me once you're home.... Does that mean anything? Does she know what I'm thinking? I know it's selfish but some part of me hoped that she walked home with him. Even though I pushed her away, I really hoped that she wouldn't listen to me and just walk with me. Hmm, maybe she doesn't know how I felt after all. 

 

I run my hand through my hair, the feeling of frustration wanting to explode in me. ...Relax Sunggyu ah....breathe...I told myself. Maybe I should get some sleep. That should help me get my mind off things for awhile. I dragged myself to my room and let myself fall into bed, without even changing out of my clothes. I pulled the duvet over me and closed my eyes. 
 


For the fifth time, I woke up and looked at the clock. 4:50 am. Great. I can't sleep. Might as well go for a jog then. I quickly got up and headed to the bathroom to wash up. After washing up, I put on the usual sweat shirt that I always use to go for a jog and headed out. Before I started to jog my usual route, I did a bit of warm ups and breathing exercises. Hopefully I'll be able to forget whatever happened yesterday after this jog. After a few more stretches, I finally start to jog towards the Han river, the final checkpoint for my jog. Halfway through my jog I noticed something. The sky. It was dark. Is it going to rain? Sure enough big grey clouds were already starting to form and then the wind started to pick up. This is not good. I turn around and jogged back to my apartment. People who were also jogging looked up at the sky and started to go back to where ever they came from too. People living in the flats nearby took in the laundry they hung out to dry. 

 

I closed the door behind me and went to get a glass of water. Just then my usual alarm clock goes off indicating it's time to get ready for work. And meet Min Jung. No, I thought I would feel better after that jog but, I'm feeling even more nauseous than yesterday. No, I'm feeling....scared. Of what, I'm not sure. Seeing Min Jung? Or seeing her sister when you come and fetch her? Maybe the latter, or maybe both. Gahh, too many things in my head. I need to tell someone about this. Someone whom I can trust. But who? 

 

Of course.

 

"Junhyung ah, you awake yet?" There was a low rumble on the other end of the line. He must still be sleeping when I called him.
"I am now. What's up?" His voice was hoarse.
"I uh, need to talk to you about something." ....Please, please, please.... I begged in my head. Please, you're the only one I can turn to right now
I heard him click his tongue, "Hyung, can't this wait when we're at the studio? I want to sleep for a few more minutes, neh?
Aish, this guy, is his sleep more important than his hyung? "Yah, I really need to talk right now! And it's regarding..." Somehow, I wasn't so sure anymore on whether to tell him. He is close to Min Jung too. Would he tell her about this? 

 

"Regarding who?" Junhyung sounded a bit more irritated but I can tell that he's also curious to know. I hesitated for a while before answering. 
"Regarding...Min Jung." I paused, to hear the slightest hint from the other end of the line, to know how he'll react to this. There was a long pause. What is he thinking right now? Or, wait..."Yah, did you fall asleep?" "M-Muh? Ani I'm listening." I heard him yawn. I knew it. This is Junhyung I'm talking to so I should expect this to happen. "So who are we talking about again?" "Aish, Min Jung!" This guy is seriously not helping me calm my thoughts at all. Was it a bad decision to call him? But, I have no one else.

 

This time, he didn't fall asleep. Instead, I can hear him getting up from his bed. He cleared his throat. 

 

"Hyung, did you and Min Jung fight?
"No it's not that. It's...her sister." And this time I heard him cracking up on the other line, "Hyung! Did you fall for her sister?" He was really laughing very hard and I think I heard him fall off his bed, because there was a loud thump and a groan. "Yah, did you fall off your bed?" "Shut up. So how old is her sister?" I can tell a goofy smile was forming on his lips. I can already imagine it. "She's still in middle school but that's not what-" "Hyung! I didn't know you were that type of person! YOU E!

 

That's it...

 

"YAH! I DON'T LIKE HER SISTER AND I'M NOT A E OKAY! SO ARE YOU GOING TO LISTEN TO ME OR WHAT?!" I screamed into my phone and really felt like putting my hands in it so that it'll come out from Junhyung's phone from the other end and choke him. 

 

"O-ouh mianhe hyung. I j-just thought-" "Aish, just shut up and listen will you?
I cleared my throat and literally spill whatever's on my mind. I told him everything. And this was actually the first time for me to truly let out what's on my mind to someone. And it never felt so good. After a few minutes I'm done talking and Junhyung was silent. Did he fall asleep again? Before I scream into the receiver, Junhyung cleared his throat. Oh, so he wasn't sleeping.

 

"Hyung, I really don't know how to help you. Maybe you should just forget about what that little brat said and just get on with it. Min Jung chose you remember? So it clearly shows that she doesn't really matter about age and whatever. Isn't that enough? Just stop being so insecure and try your best to please that little devil. Once she likes you, then problem solved. Why not tell Min Jung about this too? surely she's gonna help you too right? And don't worry about that Taemin kid. They're just best friends."

 

"Thanks Junhyung. And, I can tell you hate kids." I heard him chuckle on the other end. I can't help but agree to what Junhyung said. But some part of me still feel so scared. And I have no idea why. I didn't want to trouble Junhyung anymore so I just thanked him and told him I'll think about what he said. "Hyung, whatever it is, I'm here for you." And with that, the both of us hung up.

 

I looked at the clock on the wall and sighed. It's about time I head over to Min Jung's place and fetch her. But I'm not ready, to face her, and her sister. That Taemin kid should already be there by now. Without a second thought I flipped my phone and texted her. 


 

Hours passed and I'm still at home. I didn't go to work or fetch Min Jung. I did the right thing right? Hmm I hope so. Gahh, I need to get my mind off things. I looked out of the window. The sky's already dark and the wind is still blowing. This means Min Jung is going to leave work already. She didn't even reply to my text. Is she angry? I really needed to get my mind off things. Maybe I'll just head to the gym just in case it's going to rain later on. I packed my stuff into a black duffel bag and was about to leave when my doorbell rang. Who could it be? Wait, it can't be...don't tell me...

 

I took the risk and opened the door slowly. Right there stood her. Min Jung
"O-ouh Min Jung ah, what are doing here?" What is she doing here? Did Junhyung sent her since I didn't turn up for work? Or did he tell her everything I told him?

 

She was holding on to something. A big plastic bag from the supermarket nearby. "Oppa, are you sick?" Huh..sick? Then this must mean Junhyung didn't tell her. Now I have to come up with something. "Uh yeah, just a slight cold. Is this for me?" The moment she nodded her head I quickly took the plastic bag. She was about to invite herself in but I quickly thanked her for the food and quickly closed he door. What am I doing? Why won't I let her in? A few minutes later I heard her footsteps getting further and further away. I leaned against the door and dropped down. I run both my hands through my hair, the feeling of frustration taking over me. And my eyes started to get teary. I can't face her. 

 

I'm sorry Min Jung ah. I'm sorry.


 

So what do you guys think about my poster? Made it myself^^ 
But of course this was my first time doing it and using photoshop. LOL I randomly clicked the buttons.