Blossoming Emotions

Complicated Emotions [semi-hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I can’t believe that I agreed to this.”

“Just face it: You couldn’t resist this piece of hot mess.”

The older woman couldn’t stop herself from gritting her teeth in agitation at his words. Okay, she wasn’t going to lie to herself: she had been greatly impressed by the sweet-talking he had offered her as he talked her into this date with him. But it was beginning to become apparent to her that most of the things he had said were just to get her to agree to go on a date with him.

Aigoo, you must really be losing it, Dara-ah. . . You were the one who bet that he couldn’t get a date, and yet you’re the one that he ended up getting a date with. . .

The poor woman felt like slamming her head against a wall.

In all honesty (though she would never admit it), she had done her best for this date. She was wearing a pale violet sundress that has small red, blue, and pink flowers spread around it, paired with light pink pumps and a brown bag with a pink floral print on it. As for jewelry, she selected pink rose earrings, a gold set of charmed bangles, and a ring that was designed to look like a vine twirling around a finger; composed of rose gold and diamonds, of course. Instead of going for a daring hairstyle as per usual, she braided her bangs along with a good amount of her hair into a simple side braid. She couldn’t convince herself to not wear makeup, and so she layered her eyes with eyeliner and thick mascara.

She couldn’t believe that she had gone through so much trouble for Kwon Jiyong.

Dear Lord, what was the world coming to?

“Yah! I’m talking to you!”

At his words, Dara was snapped out of her thoughts and back into reality. She turned her glare towards the man beside her, before snarling, “What?”

The younger man was momentarily stunned at the harshness of her tone, but quickly waved it away, “Neh, you’re in a bad mood today, aren’t you, Noona?”

Although he had meant to sound uncaring and nonchalant, the older woman had known him long enough to tell that there was a sad undertone to his question, quickly making her frown in guilt, “N-No, of course not. . .”

He looked at her skeptically, before adjusting his red sunglasses to cover up his eyes once more. What made her a little curious was the fact that he was wearing a typical G-Dragon outfit, rather than a toned-down, more casual Kwon Jiyong outfit. Although most people wouldn’t see much of a difference, it was something easy for Dara to notice. He was wearing a black Rolling Stones t-shirt with striped leggings and a red kilt. His feet were clad in comfortable looking maroon combat boots (which made her feel a little jealous, as she was forced to suffer through her high heels), and he had a gold crown necklace on, along with matching gold angel wing rings: one for each hand. There was a single diamond stud in his ear, shown to the world due to the fact that he had gelled certain parts of his hair up.

All in all, his outfit seemed highly reminiscent of one of the outfits he wore onstage, though she pretended to not care.

It was beginning to become evident to Dara that Jiyong was probably one of the most difficult people to go on a date with. Because of his status as one of Korea’s biggest fashion icons, it was so difficult to tell if you were overdressed or underdressed. However, Dara was more curious as to whether he had put large effort into what he had decided to wear, or if he had just thrown on whatever he felt like wearing. Since he looked good in practically everything he wore, it seemed like it was impossible to tell, which only increased the woman’s feelings of uneasiness.

As she realized the level of her nervousness, she blushed a bright red. O-Omo! What’s your problem, Dara!? He’s just Jiyongie!

Noticing this, the man beside her raised an eyebrow, “Are you okay, Dara?”

She nodded, “Y-Yeah. Perfectly fine. Are we almost there?”

Although it was obvious that the blonde man beside her knew that something was up, he opted to say nothing. Instead, he simply nodded, much to Dara’s relief.

I-It’s just because I haven’t been on a date in so long. That’s why I’m so nervous about it…

…Right?

“Tabi-ah?”

“Mmm?”

“Where’s Dara?”

There was a short pause before the younger man finally responded, “How am I supposed to know?”

“I just thought you might. Especially since there’s been no trace of Jiyongie either.”

His eyes widened, “Whoa. Whoa, you don’t mean to tell me—“

Bom allowed a smirk to show up onto her features, “Dara left our apartment all dolled up today. And when I watched her from the window, she was getting into the Family Car~”

A large grin of surprise appeared on Seunghyun’s face, “I don’t think I can believe it. . . Who would’ve thought that the two would get together?”

The redheaded woman next to her felt her eyes widen as she smacked the back of his head, “Yah! Who said anything about them getting together!?”

He stared at her with curious surprise, “But I thought that you. . .”

The shock was still evident on her features as she quickly shook her head, “N-No! I thought that they were finally making up over their argument!”

“Which argument? They argue daily!”

Bom puffed out her cheeks in annoyance, before stirring the spoon in her coffee once more. The two had decided to go out to a small café together because they had both been so bored. Seungri and Minzy had said they would meet them, but it seemed as though they were running late.

The frown was still on Bommie’s face as she quietly whispered, “Dara wouldn’t defy Papa, right? She knows that we’re still on dating ban. . . I just don’t want her to get into trouble.”

Seunghyun stared at her incredulously, “You’re still on dating ban!?”

She blinked at him in surprise, “Of course I am. And so is Dara. Don’t you hear her complaining about it all the time?” The older woman allowed a joking glare onto her features, “Yah! Tabi! What kind of best friend are you if you didn’t even know I was on a dating ban!?”

He chuckled, “I knew Dara Noona was, but you never complained about it so I didn’t know. I always thought that you could just never get a date.”

She feigned a hurt expression, before ripping open a packet of sugar, and throwing it at her friend. However, this action didn’t have much of an effect, as it just created a mess at the small table. “Bommie-ah! What are you doing!?”

“I’m beating you up. With packets of sugar.”

At this statement, the younger man did his best to fight the smile th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter