Worry and Misunderstandings

Complicated Emotions [semi-hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah! Don’t do that to me!” she giggled, playfully turning away from the man to her right, hiding the wide smile on her features.

It was obvious that he knew about her glee, despite her trying to keep it a secret. “Do whaaaat, Noona? I haven’t done anything to you.” There was a smirk on his face as he waited for her to respond. When he didn’t, he leaned his body towards hers, “If you don’t tell me what I’m doing wrong, I’m not going to fix it~” When this didn’t get a response either, he playfully scooted his chair towards her, before continuously nudging her side.

The simplicity of the nudging seemed to be enough to break Bom’s resolve as she turned her head back to face him. However, she hadn’t realized how close to her he really was and as she noticed their close proximity, her face blushed a bright red as she let out a loud shriek of surprise, reflexively throwing herself in the other direction.

Unfortunately for the older woman, there was absolutely nothing to her left that would stop her from falling out of her chair.

So she did.

The silver-haired man beside her burst out into uncontrollable laughter seeing her state, not bothering to help her up. The red-headed woman on the ground glared at him, trying to get a point of anger across, but she ended up just increasing the hilarity of the situation in Seunghyun’s point of view, making him laugh even harder.

Three other individuals at the table stared at the two oldest members of the group that had gathered, none of them knowing what to do. Usually both Seunghyun and Bom acted mature and responsible for the people around them. But right now, the two were acting like two little children.

“I can’t believe you! You pushed me!”

The rapper only playfully scoffed, “I didn’t even touch you! You threw yourself onto the ground!”

“Did not!”

“Did too!”

“Liar!”

“You’re the liar!”

“Well… You’re an alien!”

“Not as much of an alien as you!”

The red-haired woman huffed, her cheeks puffing out, “You’re making this up. I’m not that clumsy, you know.”

“. . . Would you like me to show you what happened then?”

The older woman looked at him with a mixture of curiosity and amusement, before nodding.

As though not noticing the stares that they were receiving from the other patrons in the restaurant, Seunghyun calmly moved over to Bom’s former seat. “You see, you were sitting like this,” as he said this, he crossed his legs, and raised an arm to twirl his hair that was much shorter than hers, much to everyone’s amusement. “And then I started nudging you, but you refused to acknowledge me. And when you did. . .” The silver-haired man looked to his right, making an expression that caused the two youngest individuals at the table, Chaerin and Seungri, to burst out into laughter.

Bom cocked her head to the side in curiosity at what her friend was doing, and was about to ask when he suddenly turned to face her. His eyes bugged out of his face as his mouth was contorted into a huge frown, practically showing off his tonsils. She burst out into laughter, “I know for sure that I didn’t look like that!”

The oldest male of the group scrunched up his nose, “Lemmeh finish the story.” His words were said in a strange accent, making all three begin giggling again, and even causing a large smile to appear on Taeyang’s face. The rapper cleared his throat, “As I was saying, you looked like this,” he made the face again, increasing the intensity of the laughs, “And then you did this.” Without any grace at all, Seunghyun flailed his arms like an insane man as he shrieked in the highest pitch he could muster, launching himself towards Bom’s place on the floor. He landed with a loud “Oomph!” on the ground next to her, making her laugh even harder. The silver-haired man’s grin widened, before he erupted into a laughing fit as well.

Together, the oldest members of the group allowed themselves to fall onto their backs, both showing no signs of stopping their immaturity. Of course, this attracted even more attention to the small group, and as the mohawk-ed man noticed this, he immediately ceased his merriment, “Neh. . . .Noona, Hyung. . . . People are staring. . .”

His Hyung merely rolled his eyes, playful smile still dancing on his face, “Let them stare. You should be used to it by now, Tae. We’re celebrities.”

At his words, the redhead next to him burst into another fit of giggles, much to the annoyance of the more responsible member of the group, “Yeah, but I don’t want this to cause more trouble for Papa. He seemed stressed enough about yesterday’s scandal. . . I thought that we agreed we’d be careful and lie low?”

His Noona smiled at him as she sat up from her position, Seunghyun following suit, “Taeyang-ah, we said we’d be careful, not that we’d lie low. Lying low is boring. And we are being careful! I don’t see any camera in sight, do you, Tabi?”

Dramatically, the man beside her put his hand over his eyes as though he was an explorer, and began to scour the room for any sign of the paparazzi. When he finished, he turned his head to face the older woman beside him, cutely saluting her, “The coast seems to be clear, Captain Noona!”

She looked at him curiously for a moment, before erupting into laughter once more, “Captain!?” Did you just call me captain!?”

He grinned at her, “I thought it was appropriate for the situation. . . Captain.” As he repeated the word, the two laughed even more. However, his gaze drifted to his nervous friend, and he instantly felt guilt at making him worry so much. As though to fix the situation, he jumped up from the ground and extended his hand to Bommie, who seemed somewhat surprised at his sudden movement, “C’mon, I think Taeyangie’s going to develop a headache from all the thinking he’s doing right now. Let’s ease his pain a little, shall we?”

Once his words clicked, the woman felt her lips part in shock as she realized how immature she was being. She frowned, but accepted the hand he offered her to help her to her feet. He opened his mouth to say something, probably to call her captain again, but she abruptly shook her head, making him frown. Like two children that had just been scolded for taking the last cookie out of the cookie jar, they walked back to their respective chairs, both with their heads down.

An awkward silence resonated around the table, before Taeyang let out a sigh, “I think I’m going to get some fresh air. If Jiyongie and the rest show up, send me a text.”

The fellow performers seated at the table opened their mouths to stop him, but he shook his head curtly as he stood up out of his chair and advanced towards the door.

Chaerin bit her lip in thought, before turning to the slightly older male beside her, “Should we. . . Stop him?”

Seungri shook his head slowly, “No, I think that he just wants to think. It’s not like he’s going to ditch us and walk all the way back to the YG Building or something. That’s not something Hyung would do. . .”

As he trailed off, the two younger singers slowly turned their gazes towards the two older adults seated across from them. Though their expressions held no specific emotion, the stares were enough to stir up even more guilt in both Bom and Seunghyun.

With a sigh, the redheaded woman halfheartedly poked the man beside her, gaining his attention, “Yah, Tabi. You always bring out the worse in me.”

The man managed a small smirk. As though to ease the mood, he threw an arm around the older woman beside him, “Of course. It’s why you love me, right?”

Although he didn’t take note of it, Bommie’s sudden red face didn’t go unnoticed by the maknaes of the gathered group.

The bell for lunch resonated throughout the school, and with a sigh, the older schoolgirl began packing up her few possessions into her simple messenger bag. She purposely took a long time, waiting for all the others to exit the room before she did. When it finally happened, she pulled the hood high over her head again, before quietly advancing towards the door.

“Nyeh, IU. What took you so long?” The slightly younger girl flinched at the hated nickname, not that her friend noticed. She chose not to answer his question as the two exited the building in unison.

Instinctively, she headed towards a large tree by the school, moving to sit under its large branches. Thunder watched as she began to pull out a brown paper bag, quickly grabbing it from her hands before she could even open it.

“Oy! Oppa, give that back!” Ji-Eun jumped up from her position, frown on her face, desperately trying to steal her lunch back from her taller friend who was holding the bag above his head.

“No.”

She scowled at him, “Why not?”

“Because I’m going to take you out for lunch.”

The younger girl blinked at him in surprise, “Eh? There’s no point in spending your money, I all ready made lunch for myself this morning.”

Thunder shook his head at her, “But you’re not having a good day. So I’m taking you out for lunch to make you feel better. Besides, I’m leaving for Japan tomorrow, remember?”

Ji-Eun opened to argue with him some more, but seeing the wide grin on his face, she found that she couldn’t say no to him. With a sigh, she forced herself to smile, picked up her schoolbag, and followed him to his car.

It had been ten minutes since Taeyang had departed from the restaurant, and the performers that remained were finally receiving their dishes. However, none of those seated at the table had the heart to dig in, all preferring to quietly pick at their food instead.

Seungri broke the silence with a sigh, “Should one of us call Hyung? His food will get cold…”

 “He seems so out of it today… I’m confused. What is Jiyong Oppa’s big plan anyway? And why do we have to distract Taeyang Oppa?”

The young w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter