Clever Wittiness

Complicated Emotions [semi-hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YG ENTERTAINMENT FORCES THEIR CELEBRITIES TO RIDE THE BUS?

According to recent reports, several of YG Entertainment’s most popular acts were seen riding the public bus sometime between 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM yesterday (Thursday) afternoon! Many of those interviewed said that they didn’t even realize that they were so close to their favorite YG Idols, and many of those reports say that there were nine individuals involved. Through the photos that were posted online and the ones that we received through a number of our contacts, we have identified that Kwon Jiyong (G-Dragon) and Dong Yongbae (Taeyang), along with Park Han Byul, who, although is no longer a member of YG Entertainment, was most likely with her longtime boyfriend, Choi Dong-Wook (SE7EN). Many assume that the other members of BIGBANG were also present. This accounts for seven of the nine people present at the scene, and rumors state that the other two figures were most likely Sandara Park (Dara) and Park Bom of the Park Sisters.

Another source says that just before their sightings on the bus, the members of BIGBANG and the Park Sisters were getting ready to dine at the restaurant that he worked at, and he heard G-Dragon say to Park Bom, “Text Minzy, Chaerin, Han Byul and Dong Wook,” giving us a hint that perhaps the four were to come and eat with them as well. However, our source has said that due to complications, “The YG Idols didn’t end up eating here at all.” He went on to say that G-Dragon was, “very rude and inconsiderate to me as I talked to the Park Sisters.”

Gong Minji and Lee Chaerin, whom we assume are the two individuals G-Dragon was referring to, are two trainees under YG Entertainment who had been scheduled to debut with the Park Sisters, but due to undisclosed issues, remained trainees while the two Park Sisters debuted.

Many people have also said that prior to the bus incident, the YG Idols (it seems that the trainees were a no-show) were soon walking around Seoul, and that the members of BIGBANG and the Park Sisters went so far as to recklessly run across a busy street, nearly causing several accidents. “I’m so glad that I was paying attention and saw them, because if I had hit them with my car, my daughter would never forgive me!” said one driver who claims to have witnessed the scene.

What seems to be more interesting is that Taeyang, who has reportedly never had any relations with a female, was spotted (and photographed!) sitting next to a young woman and even holding her hand as she prepared to exit the bus! After some research, said young woman is none other than Lee Ji-Eun, a Senior at the local high school. Sources say that after the YG Idols had darted off of the scene once their presence was known, the schoolgirl seemed in disbelief that what was obviously a secret relationship had been discovered, and rushed out of the bus at the next stop.

So what do you find more surprising? The fact that YG Entertainment CEO Yang Hyun Suk forces his celebrities to ride the bus instead of offering a chauffeur service like most other entertainment companies, or Taeyang’s girlfriend!?

As the eight individuals quietly finished reading the newspaper clipping that had been handed to them, they slowly looked up to face the fuming head of YG Entertainment.

“This is one of several reports that has been circulating.” He paused for a second to look at every single one of the singers in the room. “I’m very disappointed in all of you… No, I am extremely disappointed in all of you…” The younger people in the room couldn’t help but flinch at his tone, no one finding it in them to look at their CEO in the eye. “I don’t even know what upsets me more. How could all of you be so reckless!?” He shook his head, before covering his face with his hand.

None of the YG Idols had a clue as to what to say to their CEO. Even Seungri seemed a little nervous as he muttered, “Well, you wouldn’t send the chauffeur back for us…”

“That’s no excuse!”

The maknae cringed at his sunbae’s words, shrinking back into the cushions of the sofa.

A tense silence resonated in the office, all of the singers not knowing what to say, and Hyun Suk seemed to be deep in thought. After what felt like ages, he moved his hand away from his face, glaring at his “children” like the father figure he was. “This isn’t like your other scandals. This isn’t something that I can easily cover with a bunch of lies.” He stopped his speech momentarily to watch as the guilt continued to set into each of the entertainers. “Seunghyun,” both members from BIGBANG looked up at the mention of their shared first name, but the CEO’s eyes were set only on the older one, “from all of these attached pictures, it seems like you were the one to carelessly lead the others across the busy street. What were you thinking? Why did all of you even need to cross the street?”

The silver-haired man looked around to see if any of his fellow idols would help him out, but everyone was too scared to even make eye contact with him, except Bom. The older woman kept her head down, but allowed her lips to twitch upward momentarily in an encouraging way. “Well, we were on our way to the new restaurant—“

“New restaurant?”

Seunghyun blinked at his boss in confusion, before it suddenly clicked, “Oh, yes…” his eyes flickered to the blonde leader of BIGBANG, an apologetic expression on his face. Said leader felt a minute grimace appear onto his face as he realized what was going to happen next. “Jiyong decided that we shouldn’t eat at the restaurant that the chauffeur dropped us off at…. That’s why he called you, asking you to send the chauffeur back…”

Hyun Suk nodded at him, and slowly, the lead rapper of the boy band allowed his head to hang down once more. “Jiyong.”

The leader mumbled an incomprehensible curse as he raised his head to stare at the father figure in front of him. “Yeah—“

“Explain yourself.”

“We had to leave, because the waiter was hitting on our Noonas.” Immediately, the CEO raised his eyebrow. Noticing this was enough to get Jiyong to relax, “The waiter guy, probably the same one who called me rude and insignificant in that article, wouldn’t let go of Dara Noona until I stepped in.”

Though Hyun Suk felt anger beginning to boil within him at his dongseng’s words, he managed to maintain his composure, “Bom. Dara. Is this true?”

Hesitantly, both women nodded. Though Bommie was unable to muster the courage to meet her fuming CEO’s gaze, Dara confidently rose her head to stare at him, “Yes. Ahjussi, if you could have seen that creeper in action, you would be in jail for murder.”

Hyun Suk easily covered up his urge to chuckle with a scoff, “It couldn’t have been that bad.”

“He told Bom and I that we had to give him something ‘special,’ and then started my arm.” This time, the head of YG was unable to keep the expression of disgust off his face. Seeing this, Dara continued, “If it wasn’t for Jiyong, I don’t know what would’ve happened.”

For a moment, the raging CEO felt his anger fade away. However, it quickly rushed back once he caught the grateful smiles that Dara and Jiyong were shooting at one another. “Fine. We have one explanation out of the numerous ones we’re expected to give.” Sensing the anger radiating off of the older man, both young adults felt their smiles fade away into neutral expressions: Dara once again averting her gaze away from the fuming man, while Jiyong kept his eyes on him. Though Hyun Suk honestly didn’t have a favorite “child” out of his many trainees and idols, it was easy for him to say that out of all the fellow males he had to put up with, it was Taeyang who never cost him any trouble. In all actuality, the CEO had though that the mohawk-ed individual somehow just repelled scandal. In fact, out of everyone in the room, it felt like he was the only one who had been charged with no scandals during his entire career.

Well, until now, of course.

Though the accusation of a secret affair was definitely a big deal, Hyun Suk couldn’t find it in him to hold his anger against who seemed like the most innocent out of all those gathered. He allowed his anger to dissipate slightly, as he calmly asked, “And you, Bae?”

Slowly, the man in question lifted his head to stare at his father figure. What seemed like a confused expression had made his face its home, as he quietly said, “I… I don’t know.”

The CEO looked at him skeptically, “You’re not… really in a secret relationship with this girl, are you?”

Taeyang blinked in surprise, before shaking his head quickly, “N-No, it’s nothing like that…”

Hyun Suk waited for the younger man to continue, but he never did. Instead, the main singer of BIGBANG seemed lost in thought. With a frown, the CEO continued to ask questions, “Well… Do you know her? Are you friends or acquaintances of some sort?” He paused for a moment to think some more, before saying, “Oh! I know! A daughter of one of your mother’s friends!”

Jiyong rolled his eyes at the scene before him, deciding not to comment on the fact that it felt like the head of YG was showing favoritism. Instead, he lightly nudged his longtime friend beside him, shaking him out of his thoughts.

“W-What? No, no, it’s nothing like that…”

The older man waited again for his dongseng to elaborate more, but once more, the singer seemed to be in his own little world. Noticing this, the former singer felt the rage slowly coming back.

Though they wouldn’t admit at that moment, most individuals in the room had to stop themselves from snickering at their father figure’s dilemma.

Jiyong allowed a smirk to control his lips as he came to his friend’s rescue, “They just met today, Papa. We were on the bus, and Bae was the last to board. There weren’t any other seats, so he sat next to her. Seems like they had a conversation and they sort of just…” the blonde young man felt his eyes widen as he trailed off. They sort of just clicked. Bae doesn’t just click with girls…

The grin on his face morphed into something mischievous as he continued, “They shook hands to say goodbye, and Bae’s hood accidentally fell off. The people on the bus went crazy.” A lightbulb seemed to light up beside the CEO’s head, probably because he just realized another explanation he could offer to the tabloids, but before he could respond, Jiyong asked, “What did you say the girl’s name was?”

Hyun Suk rolled his eyes, “You’re still holding the newspaper, you know. Check for yourself.”

The blonde leader felt his eyes narrow, but bit his tongue to prevent himself from spewing out a witty retort to his boss. Instead, he shifted his eyes to the paper that he was still holding, scanning the words for a certain name.

Lee Ji-Eun.

“Well, I say that it’s about time we got moving…” Jiyong said as he stood up to stretch, even allowing a yawn to escape his mouth. No

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter