Chapter 4 - Spontaneity

Circles

 

Friday, 11:55

 

"YES!" I exclaimed, a bit too excitedly. I couldn't help it. Keep me waiting for a week, and this is what you'll get. "Tell meeee," I said, dragging my e's like how a child would.

 

Youngmin chuckled. "I can't." He grinned as he saw the look on my face transform into that of disbelief. He was clearly teasing me. But before I could give any of my violent reactions, he took something out of his pockets.

 

Two things.

 

"I couldn't tell you because we're letting this little cube decide," he explained, showing me the die he had in his hand, along with a piece of paper ripped out from a notebook. Written on the paper, was a list. It was numbered from one to six. 

 

"Actually, these are the things we're doing today. The order though, depends on what we roll," Youngmin said as he held the die up with his thumb and index finger.

 

"Go surfing?! Bungee jump?! Are all these activities even going to fit within the day?" I laughed as I read the list. Those two were the most outrageous activities, but the others were pretty cool too. I found it amusing. I had to admit it. This seemed like a fun idea.

 

"And that's where the role of luck comes in," Youngmin said. "We're not doing them all. Just what the die decides to fit within the day."

 

"Oh," I smiled. Now it seemed even more exciting. The day would be spontaneous and fun.

 

"But we're definitely eating lunch first, I'm starving!"

 

I laughed and nodded in agreement. I was hungry too. And it was just about time for lunch. Spontaneity will just have to wait. 

 

"Let's make lunch quick," I told him, eager to start the day's activities.

 

"Agreed!"

 

Friday, 13:00

 

"Ready?" Youngmin asked, the small six-sided cube in hand.

 

We were done with lunch and the waiter had just taken our bill.

 

"Roll!"

 

I watched as the die made contact with the restaurant table. It seemed to spin in slow motion, making me anxious to find out what the lucky number would be.

 

5.

 

The notebook paper was already in my hands. I immediately looked down to see what we were going to do.

 

"Go to the nearest arcade. You can play with anything. Spend at least 2000 won," I read out loud. Okay. It seemed fun, and it wasn't extremely expensive. "Let's go!"

 

There were plenty of things to play with at the arcade. I haven't been to one in ages. I almost felt like a kid again. Youngmin and I played with some racing games first. He kept asking me for a rematch every time I beat him. When I finally let him win (but I didn't let him know I had lost on purpose, hush), we decided to go play with the basketball machine. We tried to beat the high score on it.

 

I passed the balls to him as fast as I could. My job was to pass, his job was to shoot. He was doing a really good job.

 

"Ria! We have 10 more seconds!"

 

I tried speeding up my pace. I also ended up trying to score some points. Finally, it came down to the last ball. I passed it to Youngmin and he quickly threw it in the hoop.

 

"Whew! That was fun," he said. He turned to face me and he smiled. I have always liked his smile. Something about it was.. perfect. Angelic. I felt myself blush a bit as I realized what I was thinking about. To cover up my embarrassment, I gave him a smile back. Hopefully, he wouldn't notice that I was slightly flustered. "Yeah, it was, even if we didn't beat the high score. We came so close though!"

 

I looked to the scoreboard again. We were behind by only 10 points. So close.

 

"We've still got a few more won to spare," Youngmin said.

 

I looked around when my eyes spotted something in the corner of the arcade. My lips quickly formed into a grin as I dragged Youngmin by the arm and walked towards it. "Photo booth!"

 

We fit ourselves into the small booth and I fiddled with the controls so that we could take some pictures. We were allowed 4 shots. "Thought of your poses yet?" I asked him jokingly.

 

"Oh yeah, I'm ready. They're the best poses in the world!" he joked back, although he tried his best to sound serious.

 

The countdown flashed on the screen, and we both posed for the camera. I held my hands together as if it were a gun while Youngmin pumped his fist. I chuckled in my head as I thought about how our poses seemed themed.

 

4....

 

3....

 

2....

 

1...

 

Flash! Flash! Flash! Flash!

 

It surprised the both of us. We didn't expect the shots to be continuous. We tried our best to switch poses fast. When the images appeared on the screen, we both burst out laughing at how silly we looked.

 

"Look at your face in the last picture!" I told Youngmin in between laughs. He had stuck his tongue out and had his eyes crossed. It looked hilarious.

 

"Look at yours in the third!" Youngmin retorted, laughing as well. My expression was somewhere in between confusion, surprise, and panic.

 

The screen then loaded so that we could do the next step -- decorate. I quickly dragged a ribbon decor and put it on Youngmin's head in all four pictures. "Aww, you're so cute!" I teased.

 

"Hey, no fair!" he whined. He dragged a mustache and put it over my face in all four pictures just to get even. "There."

 

We decorated some more until we were satisfied, then I hit the 'print' button so that we could get our pictures. The pictures printed out were good for two. "Here," I handed him the photos. "We both get a copy of all four."

 

Friday, 14:51

 

We had finished our 2000 won at the arcade. It was time to roll the die again. This time though, Youngmin would have to throw it up in the air, catch it, and take whatever number's face up since we were standing outside the arcade.

 

"Roll!"

 

Youngmin threw the die up.

 

A bit too high though.

 

"Shoot."

 

He caught it for a split second but it slipped through his hands. The die went rolling down the sidewalk. Before he could pick it up though, it had rolled down the city's sewage system.

 

"Good job," I said sarcastically. We still had a lot of time left before the day would end and we only got to do one thing on the list.

 

Youngmin just sighed and he took the notebook paper out. "Let's just try this at random order, then," he said. He closed his eyes and let his pointer finger travel around the piece of paper. "Tell me when to stop."

 

I waited for 3 seconds. "Stop."

 

He opened his eyes and looked to where his finger was pointing. "Go for some ice cream," Youngmin read out loud.

 

Friday, 15:38

 

I was finished with my banana split and Youngmin was done with his ice cream cake. "Next!" The list was now in my hands. "Tell me when to stop, okay?"

 

Five seconds.

 

Ten.

 

"Wait," Youngmin suddenly said.

 

"Hm?"

 

"Can we do something not on the list?" he asked. His tone was different. It seemed warmer.

 

"Like what?" I asked him, curious.

 

"Well, there's this place I've been wanting to show you.."



I know I've been satisfying the Youngmin fans more so far, but don't worry, Kwangmin fans! He'll appear again soon. Give it a chapter or two. I promise! :D

Comments/suggestions/feedback are much appreciated! Subscribers too, haha. Anyway, see you in the next chapter!