Jealous Couple

My First Love

It was normal saturday morning, I was lounging on the couch at Jay Oppa's apartment while he was cooking breakfast. There was some newspaper on the table. I tried hard reading those news in korean, but it really took some time for me to fully understand the meaning. Then I noticed, a small book with colourful cover, 'Papepopo Andante by Sim Seung Hyeon' was written on the cover.  

"Don't push yourself too hard trying to read newspaper" Jay Oppa put my plate on the coffee table and dropped himself beside me

"What's this?" I gave him the book

He laughed "Yea, this would be a good book for you. Do you know the writer?"

"Who?"  

"Sim Seung Hyeon, 그는 내 형이야 (Geuneun nae hyeong-iya)28" he smiled gently at me. I'm surprised alright, well sure we haven't date for quite a long time, not knowing much about his family makes me feel so dumb.

"You never told me. Tell me more about your family. And what exactly is Bomi unnie's relationship with your family? "

"Too many questions, jagiya" he laughed "I have 1 older brother who is 2 years older than me, Sim Seung Hyeon, he's a writer. And another twin little brother, Sim Jun Young &  Sim Jin Young, the twins are older than you by a year. And Minji ahjumma is my father's little sister, that makes Bomi's my cousin. Enough, jagiya?"

"Yea I think, my brain had enough. Do you mind if I borrow this book to read?" I take the book from him

"Sure, it's not exactly a book. It's comic book, so probably easier for you to read"

I looked around his book racks. There's lots of english novels and japanese books around.

"You read lots of english books? no wonder you're so fluent speaking english"

"I've lived in California a few months after I get out of the army. I used to be so fat when I'm in America. I guess american food and not exercising makes me fat"

"설마! (Seolma!)29" I can't imagine., looking at him with wide eye from head to toe, how he'd look if he's a fat considering he's tall athletic figure now.  He just laughed at my reaction

"진짜! (Jinjja). Even though I'm fat, there's still lots of girls who liked me back then. Until one day, I don't wanna become a fatty anymore. But instead of reducing my meal portion, I chose to exercise like there's no tomorrow. And it worked"

" I wanna see what you look like back then when you're fat"

"I showed you already, didn't I? When I'm still that chubby boy, you don't remember?" I stared at him confused

"온제??? (Onje???)30."

"When we used to chat, when you're in Kwangju I think. Even you said I look like Super Junior Shindong. 깜빡? (kkambbag?)31"

"I swear, I never said that.. And I think you're a lot more handsome than any idols"

"Oh, why thank you"

"But I swear, I've never seen that picture and FYI I'm not a forgetful person like you"

Jay leaned back to the sofa casually "오 됐어 (Oh, dwaesseo)32. Maybe it was another girl"

"Another girl??? 누구?! (Nugu?!) 33" He just chuckled avoiding my pinches "Oucch, you are now more jealousy than those girls in dramas"

I pouted and turn my back against him "그래요? 좋아! (Geurayo? Joh-a!)34.". He hugged me from the back and kissed my cheek. "Come on... it's probably just Bomi" . Ever since then, I keep haunted by this feeling that I'm probably not the only one in his heart. Besides, with a face like that plus his friendly and attractive personality, which girl would be too blind not too look at him?

====================  

"Yea, right! He's only handsome in your face, Karin-ah..." Lily said. "Plus, he's Jay-choding for god sake"

"But you used to say Jay looks like Choi Minho from Shinee"

"My eyes are blurry back then, so probably I'm seeing things wrong. Anyway, I meant it's Choi Minho after his pretty face got beaten up because he didn't paid his bills"

"You're mean... Still, you said Choi Minho's pretty face. So you admit Jay's good looking?" I smiled victoriously and Lily laughed

"어쟀든... (Eojaetdeun...)35, I don't think he's just playing on you"

"왜? (wae?) do you think he's a loyal-type of guy?"

Lily snorted, "Yeah right. It's easier looking for needles in the sea instead of dating a loyal guy"

"But... you said..."

"Yea yea. He wouldn't dare toying on you because I threaten to kill him if he doesn't treat you well" I just chuckled and shook my head in disbelief on her words.

"I also told Jay-choding, there's lots of guy in the school waiting in line just to date, who are more handsome and nicer than him"

 

Lily's last threat, seems like a summer that ends a wild bear's hibernation. Jay become more jealous and protective at me. Not that I hate it. But maybe that's why he's so grumpy and bad mood recently.

"무슨 일이야? (Museun iliya?)36. " I asked him worried.

"Just... need to do some internship for college studies. , or else I won't pass my grade" 

"Come on, don't say that. Who knows? It wil be a good experience and probably you'll like the job"

He sighed deeply and was about to take a cigarette from his pocket when I snatched it and turn his head to look at me

"Even Shinee's Choi Minho probably won't smoke" Even this time, he's doesn't  have the spirit to argue with me like always. Obediently, he put back the cigarette to the box and pulled me on his lap.

I his chin, I could smell his after-shave.

"I'll probably get shift until late night since I'm going to college in the morning. Plus I don't think it's the once-a-week shift. I won't be around too much you know? I hate this stuffs"

"Sure, I'm gonna miss you heaps. But we can meet in between schedules and it's not like we can't meet in the weekend and I can meet  you after work or pick you up" My words seems making his face a little bit brighter. Even though I know the consequences, Jay's attending a popular university for their smart students, he had to work hard to not fall behind there plus the internship job, even without the internship he's still quite busy catching up his studies. He still seems a bit confused. He doesn't even bother Lily who's trying to pick a fight with him.

"Well Jay, doesn't matter you're going for the internship or not. Sooner or later your place in Karin's heart gonna be replaced soon, since you're gonna be leaving her alone a lot" Lily mocked him. I must admit, sometimes Lily's a little bit too much. Her whole body feels itchy when Jay Oppa doesn't bother her comments. He just stucked out his tongue at her on the way out.

"Don't mind about Lily's words, jagiya. She's just teasing you" He kissed both of my cheek before dissapearing in the dark night.

Actually, I do have this wish way beneath me wishing  he doesn't go for that internship job, but I do know what it takes and the consequences if he didn't do it. I'll be fine, it's not like we're not meeting anymore, right?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

28 ~ He's my hyung/older brother

29 ~ You're kidding/No way

30 ~ When?

31 ~ Forgot?

32 ~ Oh, never mind

33 ~ Who?!

34 ~ Really? Okay

35 ~ Anyway...

36 ~ What's wrong?

 

Yahoo~ chapter 5 is up! And new korean vocabs you can learn ^^

Tell me what do you think? :)