New Friends & Feelings... ?

My First Love

Looks like it doesn't take much time to get used to the city, though the subway route... not so much since there's no subway in Indonesia. I need sometimes to get used to it. Even though I don't need to worry a lot about getting lost since I have Jay oppa, and a new friend who clicked with me right away. Lilian, korean girl but has been living in America her whole life. She's recently back to Korea to finish her study. She's in different major, I'm in Arts & Dance while she's in Cinematography. Lily, that's what I called her, is a very straightforward person. She just said what she wanna say, and maybe sometimes people see it as a rude attitude. But aside from all of that, she's a nice person, kinda like Bomi unnie in someway especially her loudness. Well at least I know I won't be lonely in the dorm. Living for 3 months with Bomi unnie is making me used to screaming, squealing, and other loud creepy sounds. We'll only be staying in the dorm for 2 months, then we have to move out, because the dorm is for freshmen. Me and Lily already decided to be roomate and rent an apartment near the school when we have to move out of the form later.

Jay Oppa called Lily, Lucy Liu. And on the contrary, Lily also said Jay Oppa looks like Choi Minho from Shinee. They only said those words when each other's not around, both are too stubborn to said it on each other's face. I don't know why but those two just had a hard time getting along. Added the fact that Lily don't want to called Jay Oppa, even though he's older just make things worse. Lily said, "Why I must call a 초딩 남자 (Choding Namja)19 oppa? He should be called Jay-choding instead! Besides, in America we don't have honorifics"

"You two are like earth and sky, Karin-ah... How you two get along well is a mystery" Jay Oppa commented one day when he dropped by one time to bring me crepes that he made by himself at his part-time place. I just chuckled while taking the food. Then he saw a plate kimchi on the table,

"hey mind if I eat this? 전 너무 배고파 (Jeon neomu baegopa)20." he asked with a huge hungry eyes.

"Yeah sure, but-"  before I could finish my sentence he already shoved some of the kimchi in his mouth hungrily, but spitting it out quickly.

"아아아! 진짜!! (Aaa! Jinjja!)21 " He quickly drank some water. "Whoever made this kimchi really needs to spends some quality time in the kitchen" his face scrunched up

"Ssshhh! don't need to be so loud, oppa! If she hear you she might feel insulted thinking you're saying she can't cook" I said carefully afraid Lily who's in the bedroom's coming out

"Hey, I'm just speaking the truth 자기야 (Jagiya)22 " He shrugged. I just shooked my head, not wanting to get involved. Everytime Jay Oppa came he used to ask for trouble with Lily and the World War III begun. They're like cat and dogs, but I love them very much.

===================

Even now I can't stop thinking about Jay Oppa. Hard to admit, I think I've fallen for him. Even though I've tried not to get drown in this feeling too much, Lily's always the one to put my feet on the ground while my head's still on the cloud. I know she must be fed up with me always rattling about Jay Oppa all day. Jay oppa joined the baseball team in his college, Jay Oppa can talk in Japanese fluently, Jay Oppa paid his own bills for college by working part-time and as a freelance translator, Jay Oppa this, Jay Oppa that. If I just be his girlfriend, everything can be perfect and beautiful.

"Bull, honey" Lily throw me her anti-stress plastic ball to my head. We were preparing dinner at the kitchen that night. I'm not surprised, already used to her rough nature.

"You're jealous..." I grinned jokingly throwing the ball back

"Haa why should I be jealous just because of a Jay-choding wearing a scarf on his neck like a grandma" she continue cutting the meat. It's kind of true maybe for her, since usually American guys don't wear scarf much.

"This is korea, sister. Come on..." I raised an eyebrow. "Fine, fine, whatever you say" she replied. I just rolled my eyes, it's no use talking with Lily about culture differences sometimes. Besides, that time Jay Oppa was just being a gentleman, giving me his scarf after I gave mine to Jong In-halaboji. But since those two are like cat and dogs, why bother.

"Honey, it's impossible there's a guy as perfect as your Jay-choding, admit it. He must have some weakness or something?" she wake me up from my daydreaming. I just looked at her with an annoyed face, she always tried to make me side with her against Jay Oppa. Doesn't she know I'm just too in love with this guy? What weakness anyway? I'm the one who's weak when I look at his soft dark eyes.

"Maybe, he even have a lot of weakness because he's like a wolf wearing a lamb's jacket so he can play with innocent naive girl like you. Be realistic, Karin-ah. Just mention, what he can't do" She looked at me with expectation.

"Okaaay, fine... he can't dance" I give in

"Karin-ah... a dancer like you falling in love with a guy who can't even dance, it's not balanced"

"But he like my dance and he knows a lot about many ballet plays" I'm still not giving in to Lily

"So? what else he's not good at? Can't be just one" Lily keeps interogating me

I need to think for a bit. "You'll be bored with him soon. Then what about his family? His background is suspicious..." Lily's stil tattering.

"Like his family could be a gangster or a fierce debt collector? You said he's a choding, then if he's a gangster it's not logic, is it?" I smiled victoriously and Lily just laughed.

She said once, when we first met, she thought I'm just a naive, boring person because I always agreed on what she said. "You look like you don't have any personal opinion at all. Like a little girl who's easy to fool with. A pushover" she said one day. But after a few weeks living together, her big mouth starts to rub off on me. Now I can reply to her mocking and argument with words as spicy as her, maybe I'm affected by Jay Oppa's too who's always success on making her annoyed or shut up sometimes. Instead of feeling offended, Lily looks satisfied and happy. She said debating is fun when you had a good opponent. People that's not like a 두부(Dubu)23 , flabby.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

19 ~ 10-year old boy; or childish boy, like an elementary school kid

20 ~ I'm so hungry

21 ~ Aaaa, seriously!

22 ~ it can mean sweetheart, sweetie or baby

23 ~ Tofu

 

I'll put more about Jae Won, next chapter ^^ comments~