Passing By

Passing By

 

Minseok’s never a good student. He’s just the same as his bestfriends, Kai and Chanyeol. Skipping class, going home late, playing pranks on teaches, bully the nerds. Besides, he’s only an ordinary student. Well, maybe.

Stepping into the eleventh grade of his education, no one can turn their sight from this baby faced boy. Kim Minseok, maybe the cutest man on earth, got a super chubby cheeks and wide eyes. But looks can completely be different from personalities. He’s actually a player. A mushy flirt for heaven’s sake.

Although he’s having so much fun day by day, he didn’t really get the feeling of ‘love’. He flirts with girls and even teachers. Even some gays are attracted to him. But the point is, he is bored.

 

One day, he decided to go home early. He wanted to stay at home, locking himself in his room with his speakers set to the maximum volume; ignoring the screams from downstairs. He drove his motorcycle home. His brother will be surprised to see him this early, but he’s tired enough to explain the further.

A figure of a boy sitting on the bench caught his attention. He slower the speed to see the boy. He’d never seen that boy before. Did he just move in? Or it’s because he’s always home late?

He was sitting on a bench in his own garden. The house behind him is quite big, he must be rich. Minseok doesn’t like richies. He was about to speed up when his eyes met the boy’s brown orbs.

 

--

 

Minseok thrown himself to the bed, sighing loudly. He didn’t even bother to turn on his speakers and lock his room like he’d planned before.

It’s the first time his heart skipped a beat. He thought he’s going to die that time but unfortunately he’s still alive. He tried to figure out and recalling back the scene when his eyes met the boy’s. His skin was pale, along with his lips. Weak stares and a bit flushed pink pale cheeks. To be honest, he doesn’t know a boy can be so beautiful like that. What is this?

 

--

 

“You fell in love. Finally.” Kai clapped both of his hands.

“ no. Not with that richie BOY.”

Chanyeol turned, narrowing his eyes to Minseok.

The chubby guy quickly realized, “W-what? It’s not your Bacon, okay?”

Chanyeol nodded and play with his phone again.

“O, C’mon. Falling for boys isn’t that bad. Especially when he’s rich.”

“Yeah because both of you did. And I’m the only straight one here.” Minseok rolled his eyes. “Oh, Kim Jongin, your boyfriend’s here.” He said as Taemin approached them.

“Thanks, Minseok. Ah, I think I won’t be going home late with you guys today.” Kai said happily.

“You are sure. Not think.” Minseok mocked. Taemin laughed slightly. He then turned to Chanyeol, who’s being quiet all the time.

“My parents want to see Baekhyun. I’m going home with him early.”

“Whoosh, proposal already?”

“N-No!”

Minseok laughed at Chanyeol’s blushing face. “Alright, then. I’m going home early as well.”

“So you can meet that richie again.” Kai teased.

“Shut up.”

 

--

 

Well, actually Minseok’s quite interested with that richie boy. He wanted to know, will his heart skip a beat again when he meet his eyes later?

Minseok drove his motorcycle fast but quickly slowed down as he reached the residence. The boy’s there again, sitting on the bench with his casual clothes. Dark gray t-shirt with long sleeves, blue jeans, and sneakers. Nothing’s really special about that kid, actually.

 

--

 

“So you met him again yesterday?” Kai asked, offering a lollipop. Once again, they’re skipping the third period class to cafeteria.

“I saw him, but apparently, he didn’t.” The chubby boy answered, uncovers the sweet to quickly put it inside his mouth.

“I guess you should just jump into his garden and him.”

“The heck?”

“Oh baby boy. You’re falling for him, okay?”

“Did you find out you’re in love with Taemin by jumping into his yards and him?”

Kai snorted, “that’s not what I mean.”

“Oh. So?”

“You won’t know whether you’re in love or not if you don’t try to approach him first.”

“You did that and straightly got rejected by that Chinese transferred student.”

“Luhan.” Kai corrected. “And it’s because he’s already in a relationship with that nerd boy—uh, that Oh Sehun thingy. And I don’t even know that.” He pouted.

“Ew, stop making that kind of pout. Doesn’t match your face even a bit.” Minseok said. “And… what if that rich boy got a boyf—I mean, girlfriend already?”

“AHA. You’re in love, okay? You’re in love and don’t fight that back! You’re scared to be rejected! I know that!”

“What the hell, Kim Jongin. I guess you’re in need of or something. What makes you this hyper and sure that I’m in love?”

“It’s something about Taemin.” He shushed. “And because I knew it.”

“Just that?”

“Yep.”

“The 4th period is starting.”

“YAH!”

“What ‘YAH!’?”

“Erh—nothing. Let’s get into class.”

 

Minseok went to play at Kai’s after school and he’s home late. The sky’s already dark and that day, he didn’t see the boy.

‘Maybe he’s out in the afternoon only.’ He told himself.

 

--

 

Days were passed by Minseok passing the house to see the boy again and it reached his third week. He didn’t use his motorcycle anymore. Sometimes he uses the bike or just walk. So yeah, he can spend more time on seeing the boy. Without himself realizing, he grew attached to the boy for the past three weeks.

 

“You’re going home early again today?” Chanyeol asked as he saw Minseok packed his things.

“Yeah, I’m not feeling well.” He lied, Chanyeol nodded in response.

“you’re having a love sick with that boy. That’s why you’re not feeling well.” Kai appeared from nowhere. “it’s been three weeks and you don’t even know his name? Lame~”

“Shut up, urgh.” Minseok grunted, grabs his bag and went off the school gate.

“oh my. I hope I can help him.” Kai said. Chanyeol nodded in agreement.

 

--

 

Minseok walked home, he turned to see the boy as he passed the big house. He almost jumped in happiness when he saw the boy sitting down the bench. The boy’s wearing a green checkered shirt over a black fabric that Minseok assumed as tanktop. The dark blue jeans he’s wearing matches the deep blue ocean sneakers he got to cover his feet. His face’s pale as always and he was spacing out. His lips parted a bit, eyes staring to the mini fountain in front of him. The caramel brown hair of him grew longer than the last time Minseok saw him. Yes, he’s been missing this boy for almost a week and that explains why he’s so happy when he saw the boy. His bangs fell perfectly covering his eyebrows and slightly touched his long eyelashes. What a beautiful sight that lead Minseok to bump himself to a trash can. The can fell down with a loud thud and the boy lifted his head to see. That time, Minseok caught his eyes and they stared at each other for a while. Exploring through each other’s eyes as the world just stopped around them.

Minseok got a hold first so he quickly pay his attention to fix the trash can back to its place. The boy chuckled a bit at Minseok while the other smiled in embarrassment. When he’s done, Minseok smiled to the boy before dashing off to his home. The said boy waved while smiling until Minseok’s gone from his sight.

Minseok threw himself to the bed and squealed to the pillow. He’s way up to the sky now. It was an awkward scene but the boy saw him. They stared at each other and that boy’s smiling to him. THAT boy smiled to him. And he waved. He WAVED. While smiling. Oh god, what happened to him? Why is he so happy? Why is he feeling that his heart’s going to explode anysoon? Why is his stomach feeling weird? And best of all, why is he jumping around his room with the silly smile on his face? He’s not even bothering to change his uniform before jumping around. He’s just too happy and he didn’t care if he looks like a high school girl squealing. He’s just too happy to care.

 

--

 

“What is this boy so happy about?” asked Chanyeol, seeing Minseok’s wide smile all day.

“I bet something happened. TELL US!” Kai shrieked.

“A big no-no! I’m going home early today. BYE!”

 

Minseok gets closer to the boy. Whether it’s only exchanging smiles or uttering few ‘hey’s, it’s more than enough got Minseok’s day to be lighted.

One day, he was spacing out. Minseok walked closer to see or maybe to ask what’s wrong to him. But as he got closer, he notices a tear escaped the boy’s eyes. Minseok decided to wait until the boy’s done crying. He walked closer and give him his handkerchief.

“Thank you.” The boy smiled.

Minseok smiled back, “You’re welcome.” And he walks home.

“Kim Minseok…” The boy mumbles as he noticed a name on the corner of the handkerchief.

 

The next day, Minseok heard the boy sings. He sneaked and sits behind a tree so the boy won’t notice him. The boy’s voice was clear and soft, a bit high-pitched but sounds so fragile and weak. Minseok stays there until the boy stops singing and went inside because someone called him.

 

--

 

“Seriously, you’re no fun.”

“Stay late, will you?”

“You keep on going home early.”

“Please? Once in a while?”

 

Minseok rolled his eyes at his two bestfriends. “Alright. I miss going out with you guys as well.”

Kai and Chanyeol shouted in happiness and jump around excitedly. Minseok chuckled.

“Do you know what’s special today?” Kai asked and Chanyeol stopped jumping.

“What?”

“Baekhyun and Chanyeol are getting married!”

 

It was about 10 seconds for Minseok to realize what Kai just said before. As well as Chanyeol.

 

“WHAT? OMFG PARK CHANYEOL WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME?!” Minseok shouted in amazement.

“K-Kai! I’m not getting married!” Chanyeol obliged, blushing.

“Then what are you?” Minseok asked, raising his eyebrow.

“I’m just kidding.” Kai laughed. “his parents accepted whole-heartedly about his relationship with Baekhyun.”

“That’s a WOW!”

“I KNOW RIGHT?!”

“you guys stop!” the tallest boy whined.

Kai and Minseok just laughed before drifting off to Kai’s home.

 

A week passed and Minseok hasn’t seen the boy ever since. He waited, he even skips the last period just to see the boy but he’s not there.

Another five days passed when he found a bunch of cars around the boy’s house. He peeked in curiosity. He raised an eyebrow at the sight where people were busy talking to each other with black dresses and suit. Are they having a party or something? He asked himself. Getting more confused, Minseok stepped inside. The atmosphere was more to gloomy and way too dark for a party.

Minseok ignored the stares people gave him. He cursed inside for stepping so straight forwardly into the house of a boy he just met about a month. But he had the urge to go in.

 

His eyes widened as he saw a photo of the boy. Smiling brightly. A black ribbon placed on the top of it. Behind the framed photo was a coffin. He stepped closer, taking the heavy steps with his mouth opened in disbelief. People moved aside, giving him the way.

He looked into the black, uncovered coffin.

The boy was sleeping peacefully with a tuxedo. His eyes were closed and the clothes were neat. His lips’ pale. Paler than ever. The flushed pink on his cheeks had gone.

Minseok moved his hand to finally touch the face of the boy he’s been seeking in his whole life. The coldness met him straight from his finger tips.

 

“Kim Minseok?”

 

Minseok turned as his name being called. A middle-aged woman was facing him.

“Yes?” he answered, more to whisper.

The woman walked to him and reaches his hand to place a thin fabric. Minseok looked down. His handkerchief. “My son told me to give this back to you. I was surprised you’re here today. But, thank you.” She sobbed, then leave Minseok alone in the crowd.

Minseok examined the handkerchief. He slowly opened the neatly folded fabric in his hands to find some words. His tears escaped his eyes.

 

“My name is Kim Junmyeon. And I love you.”

 

 

Passing By

4/29/2012



 

 

Okay so that's it...

Sorry for the grammars and typos and everything. I'm writing it on a rush, haha.

Anyway, enjoy <3