Underground

THE Se7en SOULS

 

Eun Hye’s POV:

 

      My friends and I have gathered in the small kitchen of our newly acquired house. I was checking out the cd that I have bought at the store wondering why Father can’t just tell us a name. I’m not fond of clues.

     

      “So you told the ahjumma that we’re all siblings?” Hye Kyo giggled.

 

      “Neh, I did.” I replied.

 

      “Do you think she believes it?” Yo Won asked worriedly.

 

      I shrug. “That’s all I can think of.”

 

      “I think we’ll pass as siblings.” Han Byul smiled. “I mean we look alike.”

     

      Over the stove we heard Tae Hee scolding Min Ah.

     

      “Yah! I told you I’ll cook.” Tae Hee said exasperatedly.

 

      “Wae?” Min Ah whined. “I want to cook too.”

 

      Yo Won and I exchanged a knowing smile. Being the Angel of Creation, Tae Hee doesn’t like it when things don’t get used properly and Min Ah is carefree that she doesn’t think about stuff like that. And, she’s not the best cook too.

 

      “Yah yah, stop it, both of you!” Shin Hye scolds them.

 

      “We’re starving.” Han Byul added.

 

      After a few more arguments from Min Ah and Tae Hee we get to eat our first breakfast. I excused myself and went to the living room to find something that can play the cd on.

 

      “Do you think the person you’re looking for is related to music?” Yo Won asked as she sits on the sofa. I didn’t even notice her.

 

      I placed the cd on a player and hit play. “Maybe, I don’t know.”

 

      A voice, deep and rich with charisma boomed on the speaker. I listen carefully and I feel like I’m drawn to the voice, like as if he’s calling me.

 

      “Whoa~ whoever’s singing must be really handsome.”  Shin Hye commented.

 

      “He sounds like a real namja.” Min Ah giggled. “With his deep voice and everything.”

     

 

       I looked at the cover on the cd, no picture whatsoever of who might be singing just the word Tempo written in bold letters.

 

      How do I find you? I thought to myself.

 

      “Tempo?” Tae Hee reads the word over my shoulder.

 

      “Is that a name?”  Han Byul asked.

 

      I looked at them and asked. “Do you guys feel something?”

 

      I looked at them hopefully as they concentrate. Sometimes Angels can read onto things that are important.

 

      “No.” they said almost in unison.

 

      I sighed. This is going to be a long day. I can’t sit around I need to find him. The sooner, the better.

 

      “His name sounds underground though    .” Min Ah commented playing with her hair.

 

      “Huh?” Hye Kyo asked blankly at her.

 

      “I heard one of the Guardians that were once sent here, talking about underground music.” Min Ah replied.

 

      A thought clicked into my mind and hugged Min Ah. That’s an idea. I mean, why not? Min Ah might be right.

 

      “I’ll be going!” I said snatching my coat from an armchair.

 

      “Eh? Where are you going?” Han Byul asked.

      “Going to search for underground music places.” I replied.

 

      Yo Won catches up with me. “Can I come? I don’t think you should go alone.”

 

      I smiled at her. “Arasso.”

     

      Yo Won is always worried about me. She’s like our eonnie even though Tae Hee is the first Angel ever created.

 

      “Will you guys be okay here?” I asked.

 

      They all nodded. “We might go out and find something to do.”

 

      “Like what?” Now I’m the one who’s worried.

 

      “Look for a job maybe.” Tae Hee answers. “We can’t just stay here and wait.”

 

      “Be careful, okay?” I asked warily.

 

      “Don’t worry, we have Shin Hye.” Hye Kyo assured me when she senses my distress.

 

      I nodded and Yo Won and I walked out of the house.

 

      In my peripheral vision I can see Yo Won sneaking glances at me. She does that when she’s worried. I try to help her spill it out.

 

      “Is there a particular reason you want to come?” I asked lightly.

 

      Yo Won smiled guiltily. “You know me too much. Yes, I have a reason.”

 

      “Worried about me?” I asked.

 

      “Yes.” Yo Won frowned. “It’s about last night.”

 

      I tried to think of what happened last night. “Wae?”

 

      “Han Byul woke up when you finally fell asleep.” Yo Won explained as we walked on the deepest part of town. “You were dreaming.”

 

      I stiffen. Yo Won can read dreams and I am not fond of her walking in my dreams unless she needs to. “Oh.”

 

      “Don’t worry; I didn’t do it intentionally.” Yo Won apologized. She knows that I don’t like my dreams being read unlike Min Ah who likes to know her every dream.

 

      “So, what happened?” I asked relaxing a little.

 

      “I was drawn to your dream and I saw what’s going to happen today.” She replied.

 

      “And?” I prompted.

 

      “You will see him today.” Yo Won said calmly as if confirming the weather.

     

      I sigh in relief. I’m so glad I didn’t dream about the girl, Song Ji Hyo, the last Soul I saved before all of this. There’s something about that girl that I don’t want to dream of. I frown, come to think of it. I’m here but I am not sensing dying people Souls. I haven’t sent a single soul since we arrived.

 

      “Do you think Father relieves us of our duty while we’re here?” I asked warily.

 

      “Wae?” Yo Won asked confused.

 

      I stare at my hands. “I can’t feel the Souls.”

 

      “Maybe he wants us to focus on our mission.” Yoo Won said. “We’re here.”

 

      I looked to see where we are. We’re standing outside a dilapidated building with a not promising, rather ugly, door.

 

      “This is the place?” I asked almost incredulously. This is all too easy.

 

      Yo Won smiled sheepishly at me. “Mianhe, this is where I see you in your dream.”

 

      I laughed. “You made it easy.”

 

      “Shall we go?” she asked.

 

      I looked at the door and I felt nervous. Wae? What’s wrong with me? Who is he? Who am I saving?