Angels Descending

THE Se7en SOULS

 

Eun Hye’s POV:

 

      I sat down on my usual place under the huge Tree of Life. I don’t know how long I have been sitting here waiting for my friends. I curled up my toes on the soft clouds, enjoying its coolness making wings shiver a little.

      After a few minutes my friends started arriving. They took a seat with me and we sat in silence. Somehow in this peaceful place the sadness is palpable.

 

      “We are being summoned by Lady Kyo Hee.” Tae Hee announced.

     

      I didn’t look up and continued to look at my feet while they discuss what could have possible happen for us to be summoned so urgently.

 

      I sighed. It’s been a long day… it’s funny how can say that common human phrase when time doesn’t matter much here in Heaven Iris. Yes, heaven… You might be wondering why I’m here…

     

      I’m not dead. I am very much alive and the reason why I’m in heaven is because I’m an angel as well as my six other friends who’re still wondering why Lady Kyo Hee wants to see us. Lady Kyo Hee is a goddess and she’s in charge of everything since we cannot see father directly. Even his existence is a mystery.

 

      “Eun Hye… why do you think we’re being summoned?” Han Byul’s gentle voice sent me back to reality.

      I looked up and shrugged. “I don’t know. We’ll just have to see for ourselves.”

      “Are you okay?” Hye Kyo asked.

      I bit my lip. Hye Kyo has the ability to sense emotions. I wonder what she’s reading about me. “Yes, I’m okay.”

      “Let’s go then.” Min Ah decided and we followed her, our wings opening up almost instantly.

 

      Lady Kyo Hee was by the fountain when we arrived. I love the fountain, you can see the whole Earth and its people in one look. It amazes me.

 

      “You’re all here.” Lady Kyo Hee smiled. She doesn’t have wings. I guess, you don’t need one when you’re a goddess and pretty much can do anything. “Thank you for answering my call.”

      “What is it about, Lady?” Yo Won asked warily.

     

Lady Kyo Hee looked at the fountain again looking thoughtful. Shin Hye walks closer to me and took my hand. She does that when she’s nervous.

 

      “Is everything alright?” Min Ah asked her always smiling face in worry.

      “Yes.” Lady Kyo Hee smiled. “Father…”

      “What happened to Father??” Tae Hee piped up.

      Lady Kyo Hee holds up one hand. “Hush, Tae Hee. Father is fine.”

      “What is it then?” Han Byul asked while I try to follow the conversation.

      “Father has a request…” Lady Kyo Hee said.

      “A request…?” Shin Hye frowned.

      Lady Kyo Hee nodded. “Yes, he’s wondering if you can do it for him.”

      “Of course we’ll do it!” Min Ah said and they nodded in agreement.

      “Father wants you to go to Earth…” Lady Kyo Hee announced and there was silence.

 

      They all looked at me and I tried not to look at my friends but with the Lady only. Of course, they’re shocked. Angels were never sent to Earth, it’s the Guardians duty to do that. Well, not all Angels can’t go to Earth. I know, because I am an exception.

 

      “But… Eun Hye is the only one allowed to go there because of her duty and powers.” Shin Hye mumbled.

      “How important is it that Father wants us all to go there?” Yo Won asked puzzled.

      “There’s been an incident today.” Lady Kyo Hee said. “A very sad one.”

      “Eh?” they all looked blank.

      “I knew it.” Min Ah whispered to Tae Hee. “There’s something weird today.”

      “Are the Outsiders causing trouble again?” Hye Kyo asked.

      “No, not at all.” Lady Kyo Hee replied shaking her head. “A girl died today. Her soul was delivered safely in the In Between today, thanks to Eun Hye.”

 

      Again they all looked at me and I didn’t meet their gaze. My heart is pounding; I have a feeling that I won’t like what will happen.

 

      “This girl is exceptional. She’s one of the Pure Souls, never tainted.” Lady Kyo Hee continued. “Father decided to grant her a wish.”

 

      We all looked shocked, even me who tries not to react. Father rarely grants wishes, the girl must really do something good when she was still alive. I should have known that she’s special since I’m the one who helped her but I am so distracted today that I didn’t notice.

 

      “Father saw her today.” Lady Kyo Hee said and that shocks us even more. Father rarely allows us to see him let alone a Soul.

      “What’s her name?” Shin Hye asked curiously. “I mean the girl.”

      Lady Kyo Hee nodded towards me. “I’m sure Eun Hye knows.”

      “Song Ji Hyo.” I answered reluctantly.

     

      Lady Kyo Hee must have seen my discomfort so she gave me a smile. I returned it a little not wanting to be rude.

 

      “Father will grant her wish.” Lady Kyo Hee.

      “What is it?” I asked.

     

      Lady Kyo Hee produces an orb and drops it on the soft ground. It smashes to pieces soundlessly and a voice echoed. The girl’s voice…

 

      ‘As my soul departed this place… I wish that seven souls will be saved in exchange with mine…’

 

      Wow. I thought as the voice dissipates.

     

      “So we have to save seven souls?” Min Ah asked.

      Lady Kyo Hee nodded. “Yes, each one of you will save one mortal soul.”

      “Oh…” Tae Hee murmured.

      “How do we know if…?” Han Byul started.

      “The seven souls have been chosen… all you have to do is go down to Earth and do your mission.” Lady Kyo Hee smiled.

      “Will the mortals be able to see us?” Hye Kyo asked thoughtfully.

      “Yes.” Lady Kyo Hee nodded. “Are you going to fullfull Father’s request?”

     

      We all nodded and pluck a feather. A sign of promise that we’ll do it no matter what happens.

 

      “Go now.” Lady Kyo Hee said and blows us a kiss.

 

      When I opened my eyes we’re now standing at a deserted road. I looked around and saw the girls looking wary.

 

 

      “It’s okay.” I whispered.

     

      I can see their tensed posture; it’s their first time here. I have been here a lot of times.

 

      “Easy for you to say.” Tae Hee said.

      “I’ve been here.” I said. “A lot of times, remember? So trust me. It’s okay.”

 

      Somewhere a clock chimed and they all jumped in surprise. It’s three am and we need to get going before the mortals starts waking up.

 

      “Hye Kyo?” I asked looking for help.

      “She’s right girls. We need to lighten up and trust Eun Hye.” Hye Kyo said softly and her power sweeps us off immediately, calming our emotions.

 

      “Let’s go.” I said and walked forward.

      “Where?” Yo Won asked walking closely to my side.

      I gave them a smile. “I’m sure we will need a house.”

      Min Ah laughed. “Of, course.”

 

      This is where it all begins...

 

A/N:

So here's the first chapter of this story...

This is one month late and I wanted to say sorry for

the eight early subscribers who have waited... ^^

I hope you'll stick to this story coz this will be a long one...

and I mean REALLY long... kekeke.

Anyway, this is it for now.

Next chapter will be for ANGELS 101...

A little guideline for the terms I used... so you won't get lost.

 

Comments and Subscribe.

XOXO