A few years beyond that.

The Day He Left Me

I just wanted you guys to know that this will be a sad ending. :P I'm sorry. If you don't like sad stories, then feel free to give up reading on this story.  :( 

-7 years later- 

Henry's POV 

Finally. I got to smell the air of Korea. I got to feel the ground. I got to see her. 

I smiled to myself because I was going to see her, and many questions pondered in my head. 

What if she changed? Would she still be the same? Would she still like me? 

But I knew from that promise we made years ago, I knew. 

I arrived to my town, and things became a lot different. There was now a new supermarket, there was a new library, a new everything. Oh how I missed this place. On the way, I went to the tree that me and Hyeyoon played at. Where we made our promise. 

She couldn't have forgotten it right? That's right, she won't. I know. 

Finally, the time came. I slowly walked to her house, and stood there for about a minute. I was so nervous, I didn't know what would happen right after I rung that doorbell. Making my final decision, I pressed it. 

After a few seconds, it bursted open. "Who is it?" a girl asked. 

That voice... her. 

She looked up at me and dropped the phone she was holding. 

"H....Henry??? What are you doing here?" she asked surprised. 

I smiled, "I'm back! Missed me?" 

"oh....my....gawsh. HENRY!" She ran to me and hugged me tight. Of course, I hugged her too. 

Her smell... her hair... its all the same. We broke the hug and she said to come in. 

I came in, noticing that much hasn't changed in her house. The paintings, the photographs, everything was all the same. 

"I was just preparing dinner!" she shouted, and came to where I was sitting and gave me spaghetti. 

"you're favorite," she smiled. 

"mm... yes my favorite." 

After we finished eating and talking about past things, we went to the place where all our memories were held. 

We sat under the tree, and talked about other bunch of things, when that moment came up. 

"Henry..." she said with a voice of guilt, "I'm sorry." 

I was confused. "For what?" 

I saw tears running down her cheeks. I wiped them away and asked her what was wrong. 

"I'm... I'm about to get married...tomorrow." She bit her lip. 

"WHAT? With who?" I asked, feeling a bit angry now. 

" You see.. after a few months you left, Jonghyun confessed to me. He said he liked me ever since highschool freshman year. And... my parents and his parents made an agreement... that... that...me and him would get married. And... I sort of like him too.. I think" 

She bursted out crying on to my shoulder, and I couldn't do anything. What good was it to stop her? Jonghyun was my best friend..a best friend I cared for. And Hyeyoon likes him too.. well kind of. I couldn't do anything. I was weak. We couldn't do anything. 

"shh...." I shushed her, "it's okay... it's okay.." I said, even though I was crying. All she did was say sorry. 

"Remember... love means never having to say you're sorry, so it's okay. Don't be sorry." 

So we spent the night like that, crying ourselves, just like what we had done 7 years ago.