The Red String of Fate

I Declare War

 

Three years later….

                I moved swiftly across the studio.  In my mind I kept replaying everything that happened to me in the past two years.   Everything was painful so far.  I’m not the girl who hid behind her best friend’s shadow.  I grew up, I changed.  Beads of sweat were forming around my forehead.  I’ve been practicing the dance to my single for an hour by now.  I am going to shoot the music video tomorrow.  I stopped and leaned on the wall panting heavily.  I rummaged through my bag for a bottle of water and took small sips. 

                “You done?” a male voice said.  It was Jaehyung, he just walked in along with the other members of A-Jax.  I would be debuting alongside them.

                “Yes,” I smiled, nodding. 

                “A-Arasso,”Seungjin, their maknae said.  I picked up my bag and started heading out the door when Hyeongkon, the leader stopped me.

                “Yuri-ah!  Would you like to stay for a while?” he asked. 

                “I’d love to, but it’s really late, and I have my music video shooting tomorrow…”I smiled apologetically.

                “That’s alright, maybe another time?”Yunyoung’s cheerful voice blurted out. 

                I bowed and smiled at the boys.  I walked out the stairs and a car awaited me outside.  Inside the car manager unni was already at the driver’s seat.  She acknowledged my presence and we drove to the dorm.  We drove in silence.  During the ride I thought about my debut.  The company had already revealed my teaser images and I’m already being compared to another new soloist from Cube.  Coincidentally she was my closest friend.  Was, she isn’t anymore.  Ever since the day she received her acceptance letter, feelings of hatred started bubbling up inside of me.  I was sick and tired of it always being her.  I was done being happy for her every accomplishment.  I didn’t always want to be the sidekick forever.  I remembered back to when the knotted red strong started it untying it’s knots; distancing our relationship..

                She told me to wait in her room.  But my curiosity couldn’t help it.  I followed her to the door.  There, I noticed the package on her doorstep.  I squinted to see what it was for and gasped.  It was from Cube entertainment.  I had only gotten an envelope.  The fact that she got a package only meant she was accepted.  Something unfamiliar was boiling at the pit of my stomach…

                “You got accepted,”I said in a shaky voice.  I was going to break down any moment now.  She was about to say something but I beat her to it again”Shut up, just..shut up.” I ran out of her house and into my own. 

                Four knots were untied..we grew distant.

                The next day I received a text from her.  I sip the last bit of soda left and checked it.  I was hoping for an apology instad I received:

                I am accepting their offer to become a trainee—Sung Ki

                I crushed the aluminum can and rapidly replied back. 

                Good for you—Yuri.

                I shut my phone off and threw it across the couch.

                All the knots in our bond were untied that day…and we grew distant.

                I walked out of my car with a fake smile plastered on my face.  The grip on my phone tightened and I whispered slowly”I declare was, Shim Sung Ki…”

                “Yuri-ah hurry up!”  My manager called from the apartment gate.  She was already ahead of me so I catched up”Arasso, arasso.” I muttered.

------------------------------------------

How was that for a chapter?

Well I'm not referring to the Red String of Fate as a romantic reference but the fact that they wil meet eachother again.

Okie so it's

ImAStorm-ssi's turn now <3