An End to Something

I Declare War

 

“Sung Ki-ah, hurry up!”  Kim Yuri, my overly hyper best friend called out.  I ran up to catch up to her, panting for air.   I was never really the athletic type in contrast to her. 

“Tell me again, why you want to audition here?” I doubled over, beads of sweat pouring down my forehead.  This chick literally made me run from my house to the audition site. 

Yuri took out a napkin from her back pack and made me sit in one of the benches.  She wiped off the sweat from my forehead and gave her best gummy smile, “Well I wondered if we both got in together and were accepted, we would most likely be in a girl group together!” 

I rolled my eyes at Yuri’s logic but inwardly smiled.  It would be great for us to be in a group together.  We sat in the waiting room and after what seemed like millennium we were both called in along with some other people. 

“Kim Yuri, age 15 please come to the stage.”  Yuri squeezed my hand tightly and stood up.  She trudged her way towards the stage.  After taking a deep breath she introduced herself.  She started dancing to one of her most favorite songs in all time.  I smiled at the sight.  She transformed from a hyperactive child to a charismatic queen in just a matter of minutes.  I glanced at the judges whom were immersed in her dance and prayed that she would get in.

Yuri’s audition ended and she bowed in respect.  She rushed over to me and looked extremely worried, ”How was I?” she asked.

I gave her a reassuring smile, ”You were amazing.” It was my turn and even though I wasn’t as excited as Yuri, I started to get a bit lightheaded.  My stomach felt like it was tying itself in knots and I clenched my clammy fists.  I walked my way over to the stage and introduced myself over the microphone.  “Annyeong-haseyo.  Shim Sung Ki imnida.  My current occupation is a student at ___ high.” I took in a deep breath ,” I will be singing a ballad.”

After my audition ended I walked over to Yuri.  She was grinning from ear to ear , ”You were…well words can’t describe how beautiful your voice is.” 

A few days later…

Yuri came hurtling towards me in full speed.  Her tear streaked face showed something was wrong.  “Yuri, what’s wrong?” I asked ,concerned. 

“I wasn’t accepted,” she sniffled and broke down again.  I consoled her by saying encouraging words.  But she didn’t budge.  After a few minutes of silence she spoke up , ”Didn’t you get your results also?” 

I shook my head,”I didn’t check the mail today” I stood up, ”Wait here,” 

I walked out to open the mailbox but saw a package on the doorstep.  The sender was Cube entertainment.  I widened my eyes, I was gonna say something but Yuri beat me to it , ”You were accepted.”

--------------------------------------

Hi guise kaironi here <3

This is my first collaboration with ImAStorm and I hope it turns out awesometastical