Chapter 6

The Blue Camellia

 

Junsu stared at himself in the mirror and sighed. While slowly adjusting his tux, he thought of the very interesting week he had. Ever since that day Liyin stormed out of the café, he had constantly been visiting her at work. Well to her, it would probably be labeled as annoying her to no end. He knew he was beginning to wear her down. Last night, however, was the first night he hadn’t insisted on taking her out to dinner. Instead, he found himself at a bachelor party for one of his friends that he met at boarding school. Maybe I should have called her and told her that I couldn’t make it last night, he mused as he walked out of his room and down the stairs. Maybe she missed me and wondered where I was.

 “Son, remember we are going to be seeing the Kims at the wedding.” Junsu’s mother reminded as the family headed to the car.

“Yes, umma,” Junsu said as he sighed. Just great I have to spend my time during my friend’s wedding entertaining Taeyeon. Junho glanced at his younger brother and smiled sadly. He knew that his brother was not the least bit interested in Taeyeon and was pretty sure that he had found someone else. The whole week Junsu hadn’t been home at dinner, which was surprising especially since Junho had been gone for the past two weeks on a business trip. Junsu would usually be home when Junho was home in order to hang out with his hyung and his hyung’s wife. Junho glanced over at his wife and noticed that she was staring at him. He knew that his wife had probably figured out what he was worrying about. Junho squeezed Sooyoung’s hand and smiled at her in order to reassure her. Junho didn’t really have anything against Taeyeon. He only wished for his younger brother’s happiness. Taeyeon seemed like a nice enough girl when Junho and Sooyoung had first met her. But, Sooyoung had aptly pointed out to Junho that it seemed like Taeyeon would always get what she wanted no matter what. That part of her personality could be a problem in the future especially since the couple had a feeling that Junsu would attempt to stop the wedding though he wasn’t making any moves at the moment. The family finally arrived at the church and stepped out of the car.

Meanwhile, Liyin and Seohyun had just finished decorating the church with red and white camellias. She sent Seohyun to deliver the bridesmaids’ bouquets. The groom and his men already had their boutonnieres. Liyin had gone to the groom and the bride first to give them theirs the moment they arrived at the church. They would be done after Seohyun finished delivering the bouquets and could quickly move on to help Yoona and Jessica finish decorating the ballroom. Victoria had wanted a sea of camellias in the ballroom so her banquet would be dreamlike and beautiful. As beautiful as it would look, the sea of camellias would take forever to set up. Liyin doubted that Jessica and Yoona would be able to manage to finish without Seohyun and her helping. At least, she didn’t have to worry about the cake anymore. Last night she had delivered the camellias to the baker so that he could decorate the cake.

It had been a long day and it wasn’t even half way over yet. Waking up at 6:30 in the morning in order to get ready and arrive at the shop early was tiring, especially since Liyin found that she couldn’t fall asleep because her mind was constantly on Junsu, who hadn’t shown up last night as per usual. What made it harder was that she had to wake up Sunny who was going to the wedding as well. Sunny was a deep sleeper and extremely hard to wake up. Not only that, but also she had taken forever in the morning to get ready. She had changed clothes four times before finally deciding that her clothing was perfect. She had taken so long that Liyin, Eunhyuk, and Henry had managed to finish eating breakfast before she even finished.

Sunny had reminded her the previous night that they, Eunhyuk, Henry, and her, were going with Liyin in the morning. Victoria had been a friend of theirs from college and though she had hired Liyin to do the bouquets, etc., she had wanted her friend to come to the wedding as well. Victoria had even invited Yoona, Jessica, and Seohyun to her wedding banquet as part of her thanks for a job well done. Liyin would have loved to stay at the church to watch the wedding but knew that she was dearly needed over at the ballroom where the banquet was being held. Sunny, Eunhyuk, and Henry had managed to help decorate the church but she couldn’t ask them to help her and the girls to decorate the ballroom. Liyin slowly walked through the church and checked over the arrangements. She had been completely focused on her work that she hadn’t noticed a man watching her until he cleared his throat and startled her.

The man had been watching her for some time. He was wondering whom the beautiful girl in the light blue dress was. He had seen her previously talking to a group of people and directing them into the church with her back facing him. Then she had disappeared from his line of vision until he found her in the church when he sought refuge from the older women ing their daughters at him.

“Oh I’m sorry I am almost done here.” Liyin stated as she turned to look at the man. He was dressed in a tux that was tailored to his tall and muscular build. The man was extremely handsome and had a contagious smile. Liyin found herself smiling back at him.

“No it’s my fault. I came in here to get away from the crowd of people outside waiting for the wedding. I didn’t think I would find a beautiful young lady working on the flower arrangements here. Lucky me.” He stated while smiling at her.

“My name is Siwon. And you are?” The man asked as he stared at Liyin. She had long brown hair that seemed to highlight her pale complexion. Her light blue dress highlighted her petite figure. Her brown eyes now showed a hint of amusement in them.

“Will you tell me your name? Or must I find it out?” Siwon asked. Liyin’s smile grew bigger.

“You’re just going to have to find out yourself.” Liyin stated as she walked out of the church and into the hallway where the bride and bridesmaids’ dressing rooms where located leaving Siwon behind smiling to himself as he watched the mysterious girl leave. She started down the hallway so that she could get Seohyun and leave for the ballroom when she heard a familiar voice call her name. She slowly turned around to find Junsu standing behind her with a smile on his face.

“I didn’t know you knew Victoria and Nichkhun.” Junsu stated as he stared at Liyin. She looked even more beautiful in her light blue dress and slightly curled hair. No wonder Sunny ushered him into the church the moment she saw him. He didn’t even have a chance to say hi to Henry and Eunhyuk, who had stood the side with amused expressions on their faces.

“Sunny, Eunhyuk, Henry, and I went to college with Victoria. She hired me to do the arrangements for her wedding.” Liyin stated surprised at seeing Junsu there. He was even more handsome in his tuxedo.

 “You look beautiful.” Junsu stated suddenly. Liyin tried hard not to blush at Junsu’s compliment.

“Than-“ Liyin started to say when a girl in a pink dress interrupted her.

“Junsu-shi?” Asked the girl as she walked towards them. Junsu reluctantly turned away from Liyin and looked at who called him.

“Oh you arrived?” Junsu stated trying to stifle a sigh. Just when he was starting to have a conversation with Liyin, Taeyeon had to interrupt.

“Yup. Your mother told me that you had gone into the church when I arrived so here I am.” Stated Taeyeon as she looked at him expectantly and then at the girl Junsu was talking to. Junsu turned back to Liyin and began to introduce the two girls.

“Liyin this is Kim Taeyeon, the daughter of my father’s partner. Taeyeon this is Liyin and old childhood friend of mine” Junsu stated only to be interrupted by Taeyeon.

“Junsu-shi, don’t you mean fiancée?” 


Updated! Just like I said I would!(: Anyways Liyin finally meets Taeyeon! Junho and Sooyoung even made a small appearance in the chapter. I hadn't planned on having them appear now. But, in the end, it worked out that way. I needed someone to point out Taeyeon's personality that hasn't really been showcased so far. You've only seen a determined but stuttering Taeyeon. I think the ending really helps to showcase her hidden personality as well. You see her staking claim on Junsu in front of another girl. Anyways enough of my explanations because I going to end up giving everything away. Though I know some of you guys are going to wonder why I chose Sooyoung to be Junho's wife. I honestly don't know they just seemed to work in my mind. I wanted someone caring and funny (which who know you may see that side of Sooyoung soon) for Junho. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and look forward to the next one which will be up some time next week. Please anticipate! Comments are loved! :D