Chapter 3

The Blue Camellia

Junsu sat in a café staring out the window waiting for his old friend to arrive. He took a sip of his coffee and sighed. He began to reminisce what had occurred a week ago.

FLASHBACK

            Junsu stood up to greet Taeyeon and the Kims who had just arrived. Taeyeon shyly smiled at him and blushed when he greeted her.

            “Let’s have the kids go on a walk around the garden. Let them get to know each other a bit better.” Announced Taeyeon’s father, Kim Dongwook (Se7en I just changed the last name ^^).

            “That’s a great idea, Dongwook ah! Go on, Junsu! Take Taeyeon out for walk around the garden.” Junsu’s father, Kim Junmo, stated. Junsu sighed quietly and nodded towards Taeyeon to get up and follow him. He walked rapidly towards the garden while Taeyeon tried to catch up with him.

            “Junsu-shi! Wait up!” cried Taeyeon as she ran after him. Junsu ignored her and stepped out of the house into the garden where he saw a bush of white camellias reminding him of his princess. He remembered the first day he met his princess. She wore an all white summer dress and was roaming among that very bush of white camellias. She was breath taking even at seven years old.

            “Junsu-shi! Junsu-shi!” called Taeyeon breaking him away from his thoughts.

            “What? Taeyeon-shi?” asked a slightly irritated Junsu.

            “Ummmm……I am really glad you agreed to this marriage.” Stuttered a suddenly shy Taeyeon. Junsu just stared blankly at her and nodded slightly. Taeyeon smiled at least she finally got a response from him. The moment she first met him she had fallen in love with him despite seeing him in a picture that her brother had sent her. The moment she saw him, she knew he was the one for her and was determined to make him hers. That’s how she got her parents to approach the Kims in order to arrange a marriage, though she was depressed the moment she heard that it was solely his father’s decision on the marriage and he had not wanted to take any part in the marriage. He didn’t like her now but she knew she would have his heart sooner or later.

            After what seemed like centuries of awkwardness, Junsu glanced at her and walked back into the house. Taeyeon trailed in behind him trying to find a way to break the awkward silence that had surfaced the moment she said what she said. However, before she could try to start up a conversation with him, they had arrived in front of the parents again.

            “Oh that was quick. Junsu dear, we were just discussing when to hold the wedding. I was thinking that in order for you two to get to know each other more and be fully committed to this marriage you will have 6 month of engagement before the actual wedding occurs.” Said Junsu’s mom, Kim Yunji, as Junsu shot her a look of gratitude.

            “Isn’t that a little too long?” asked Kim Hanbyul, Taeyeon’s mother.

            “No it’s the perfect amount of time for us to plan the perfect wedding and engagement party. I was thinking we should hold the engagement party in three months so that we can make it perfect and track down all the people we want to invite. Junsu has some childhood friends that he has lost touch with and this will allow us to locate them and invite them to his wedding. Junsu and I had been discussing it and he really wants them to participate in the wedding.” Yunji responded.

            “Well….I guess that’s alright. If that’s what you want, dear.” Answered Junmo as he looked at his wife.

            “So then it’s settled.” Yunji exclaimed after Dongwook and Hanbyul agreed to her plans. Junsu’s mother had bought him time fully knowing that his heart was still occupied by a certain girl that he had long lost communication with. She remembered that every time she called or visited him, he always asked for news about the girl. She tried her best to always find out snippets of information about how she was doing, but, as years went by she too had lost communication with the family.

PRESENT

            Junsu looked up the moment he heard the café door open. A tall, skinny man walked towards him.

            “Hyukie?” asked Junsu as he looked at the man.

            “JUNSU! It’s been a long time man!” replied the man in response.

            “It really has! I heard you go by Eunhyuk now.” Junsu said as Eunhyuk sat down across from him.

            “You heard correctly! Sunkyu goes by Sunny now too. You know how much we disliked our real names. Anyways, I heard you’re getting married!” answered Eunhyuk.

            “In 6 months….but to be honest I am not sure if I made the right decision.” Junsu responded staring down at his now empty coffee cup.

            “Let’s be honest here. Do you still love her?” asked Eunhyuk after a moment of silence.

            “…..Yes.” murmured Junsu.

            “I see. Do you want to meet her?” asked Eunhyuk.

            “I am not sure.” Junsu responded.

            “You either want to see her or you don’t. Junsu, I am doing this for both of you. You should go see her. Figure out your feelings and what you really want to do. She is at the fountain in COEX mall. I believe you know where it is. But, in the end its up to you whether or not you go. I’ll see you later I have some business to attend to.” Eunhyuk stated as he stood up and quickly exited the café. Junsu continued to sit in the café wondering if it would be a wise decision to go and see her. Finally, making up his mind he got up and left the café. He drove quickly to COEX and ran inside. Immediately, he spots her fiddling with her blue camellia bracelet by the fountain. Even though all he saw was her back, he knew it was her. Junsu walked up quickly to the woman and tapped her on her shoulder. She whipped around and looked at him, shock apparent on her face.

            “Junsu…” she whispered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry for the really late update. I know I said I would update soon but I had a huge group project for AP Literature due and my group was extremely behind (we had to pull 3 all nighters in a row in order to finish). AP LIT will be the death of me. T^T Anyways I hope you enjoy the chapter! Junsu's flashback turned out not to be completely his...but oh well you get to learn a little more about Taeyeon, Junsu's mom, and the past. A little bit of everything! ^^ I promise to update by the end of this week but I'll have to see if that will happen because my finals are this week. Thanks to those who subscribed and I haven't thanked yet. --;

Comments are loved(: