Being a Perfect Maknae

Lessons with Super Junior

     Sehun was walking through the halls of the SM Building, minding his own business. Exo’s debut was coming up – about a month and a half away – and Sehun was pretty sure he was going to throw up, or pass out, or even both. Somehow he had managed to stay off the stage for Gayo Daejun, the performances instead going to his hyungs, but he wouldn’t be able to get out of the debut showcase, or the rest of his career as an idol. Turning the corner, he was surprised to run into Kyuhyun.

     “Oh, sorry, Sunbae.” He bowed politely to Kyuhyun, and was about to walk around him when he was stopped.

     “Sehun ah, you’re just the person I was looking for!” Sehun stared at his senior a bit dumbly.

     “Me?”

     “Yes. You.” Kyuhyun had one of those smiles on his face, and Sehun knew he was going to come out of this encounter a changed person. “I’m here to teach you the art of not giving a , as well not taking any from your hyungs. You are the maknae, and you will rule with a somewhat iron fist.”

      “I…what?” Kyuhyun chuckled.

      “I’ll also help you with dealing with nerves. Nobody knows this, but I actually threw up the night before I debuted.” Sehun eyes widened.

      “What!? No way!” Kyuhyun nodded, hooking his arm around the younger boy’s shoulders, pulling him along.

      “Now, the key to not giving a is all about mastery of the expression. You have the right expression on your face in the perfect situation, and they won’t try and mess with you again.”