Moving and new school

My Loveable Gangster
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Yookyung-ah! We're leaving soon so you better come down!" her father yelled up the stairs. She walked down and had an indifferent expression.

Her father softened and hugged her. "I'm sorry that we have to move. But I promise that I'll have the company back in shape soon. So please bear with it for now." he whispered. She nodded and pulled away, "I still have to hand in my resignation letter. So let's go."

They had to relieve all of their house employees for they could not afford to pay them. But some of the maids and Yookyung's chaffeur offered to help them in times of need.

Yookyung and her father weren't the type to yell and have a dictatorship over their employees. They were treated like family and they acted close with each other.

They took one last look at their home and walked to the moving truck. "Driver, can we stop by Seoul Elite Prep first?" Yookyung asked politely. He smiled and they drove to her school.

She stepped out of the truck and her father yells, "Don't take too long!" She nods and walks through the gate.

Yookyung walked straight to the principal's office and knocked. "Come in." She enters and bows. The principal is surprised. "Yookyung, why aren't you in your uniform?" he asked. She apologized, "I'm sorry sir. I won't be attending this school anymore. I'm here to hand in my resignation letter."

His face softened when she extended the letter out to him. "What's wrong?" She sighed, "My father's company has gone bankrupt so I have to move and transfer schools. It's been a pleasure attending this lovely school."

He took the letter, read it and opened his arms. She hugged him, "I really don't want to leave, but I have no choice." He pulled apart and looked her in the eye with a warm smile, "When your father's company regains its strength, you will always be welcomed back here."

She bowed once more and left his office. She walked out of the huge building and when she reached the gate, she turned around and had one last long look at the school.

The moving truck beeped and she walked glumly to the passenger side. Her father put his hand on her shoulder and gave her a soft look. She nodded and he drove off to their new apartment.

An hour passed and the truck came to a stop. Right outside was a decent looking apartment with 5 floors to it. The two of them got out and Yookyung gawked, "So, this is our new home?" Her father smiled, "Yep! We live in 2C on the second floor. Let's go!"

They entered and the landlady greeted them. "Annyeonghaseyo Youngjin-ssi. Here's your key." He smiled and they made their way up to their new home.

The apartment was a decent size with two bedrooms, one bathroom, a kitchen and a pretty big living room. "Wow, this is the size of my bathroom." Yookyung said. Her father nudged her and she shut up. "I hope you will find this place to your liking. Rent is due at

Please log in to read the full chapter