First day on the job

My Loveable Gangster
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yookyung anxiously waited in her seat, constantly looking at the ticking clock. She shook her leg and tapped her fingers on the desk. L.joe stared at Yookyung weirdly and shook his head. The clock struck 3:00 and the bell rang.

She stuffed her books in her bag and sprinted out of the door, leaving the Teen Top members behind. Niel's mouth dropped down and he stared at the door, "Did you guys see that?"

Changjo blinked and Chunji was the most shocked since he sat right by the door. As soon he started packing up, he felt a gust of wind go by and he stared at Yookyung's running figure. L.joe's eyes were wide. *Wow, she sure does run fast.*

Mihyun came out of her classroom and raised her hand, "Hi Yoo-" Yookyung sped by her and she stood there, bewildered by what happened.

The girl kept running and running until she reached the cafe. She stopped outside for a minute to catch her breath. Taking in a deep breath, she stood up straight and exhaled.

The door opened and a little bell above it rung. The boy from yesterday turned and smiled, "Annyeong! You're the new worker right? Yah~, it's gonna be a lot more easier with you to help. Mrs. Park is in her office so just head back there." She bowed and headed to the back.

Yookyung knocked on the door lightly. "Come in." She opened the door and peered into the office. Mrs. Park looked up and smiled, "Yookyung, you're early!" She meekly smiled, "Well, I ran here from school. Literally." The owner laughed and grabbed a bottle of water, handing it to the girl. She bowed and downed the bottle at once.

Mrs. Park just laughed heartily and she gestured to the chair, "Sit." Yookyung slipped her bookbag off and she sat down. Mrs. Park handed her a schedule, "So, during the weekdays, your shift starts at 3:30 and ends at 8:30. On the weekends, you'll come in at 10:00 and end at 6:00. Sorry for making you work more during the weekend but it gets busier. Don't worry, you'll get a nice lunch break. Employees also have the benefit of making their own drinks so that's a plus. Is this okay with you?"

Yookyung stared at her schedule and nodded, "It's fine Mrs. Park. I'm still very grateful that you let me work here." Mrs. Park softened up, "Look, I know you're going through a tough time at a young age. I too experienced something like that. But it's great that you get to experience new things. Now, where did I put it?"

She rummage through a few boxes near her desk and pulled out a t-shirt. "A-ha! Found it. Here's your uniform. It's just the cafe's t-shirt and a black apron. Since it's just your first day, you'll have you wear your skirt but you should bring in some comfortable pants next time." She handed the shirts to her and Yookyung looked at them. It was a tan t-shirt with "Starlight Cafe" written in the center. A short black apron was handed to her. "That goes around your waist. Here is your notepad and pen for taking orders."

Yookyung took all of them. "Now, go get changed in the locker room right next door. When you're done, Kanghyuk will teach you the basic steps of being a barista." She nodded and bowed. She grabbed her bag and made her way to the locker room.

The room was small but big

Please log in to read the full chapter