'Anywhere away from here.'

❊ Broken Angel ❊

 

No P.O.V

 

As the sun began to set and the Seoul skyline began to burn, Yoona finally returned home. It had been a long day - to say the least - and she was more than looking forward to collapsing on her soft and inviting bed. The day had been difficult and the disappearance of Taecyeon, the night before, had only served to broaden the heavy load resting on her weary shoulders. She sighed as the door clicked shut behind her; finding the empty apartment to feel just as bitter as when she had left it, earlier that morning.

Normally, at about this time she’d be preparing a meal for herself and her boyfriend, but the thought made her wince right now. Taecyeon was supposed to be leaving for business tomorrow morning, but for the first time in their relationship she had no idea where he even was. She passed the kitchen on her extensive journey to the bedroom; deciding that - just this once - she wasn’t hungry at all.

‘Where are you, Taec?’ She reflected as she checked the screen of her phone for the thousandth time that day.

No messages.

No missed calls.

Nothing.

Taecyeon hadn’t even tried to contact her. Even if it was just a text to say he was ok, she wouldn’t care. She could be angry later because, right now, she was just about going mad from worry.

With a heavy groan, she slumped into the couch of her silent living room; taking a glance about as she had done the night previously and noting the deafening silence all around. The sound of life outside the apartment was all she could hear. The world carried on around her as if nothing was amiss, reminding her once again that she was alone.

Yoona wondered what had happened between her and Taecyeon that would make him so distant all of a sudden. What could possibly have changed in him that caused him to push her away so quickly over something that had never been about her? She and Taec had always been a happy couple - so far as she could tell - and not once had he ever ignored her or disregarded her like he was currently doing.

She was bitter; understandably. And above all she was confused.

It was all she could do to curl up on that couch and force herself not to cry. She could feel the corners of her eyes stinging with tears as she continued to worry herself sick; she could taste the lump that had unknowingly formed in the back of and she couldn’t stop herself sinking deeper into the fabric of the seat beneath her. Eventually, she lay curled in a ball on the couch; feeling as gentle tears began to caress down her delicate cheeks.

“Please come home.” She begged in a whisper, to no-one in particular.

She blinked back tears; burying her face in her hands as she made the same plea, over and over again.

She heard the muffled sound of whimpering from through the opposite wall of the apartment, deciding that Jaejoong was probably crying on the other side and she half contemplated joining him. At least then misery would have some company. But on some level she couldn’t bring herself to face the young boy, or Yunho for that matter. A part of her felt guilty for allowing Taecyeon to say and do what he’d done, whilst another part of her unwillingly blamed Yunho and Jaejoong for all this mess.

And then she felt even worse because she’d actually thought badly of her neighbours and friends.

She knew they weren’t in the wrong, that it was all Taecyeon. But the emotions running rampant through her mind seemed to cloud her judgement; and all of a sudden, she was crying even harder.

She heard the slamming of a door and then silence.

She sniffed a tear away and listened for Jaejoong’s sobbing, deciding that it was probably a good idea to check on him since Yunho would be at work at this time.

Uncurling herself and swinging her lithe legs swiftly off the couch, she hoisted herself up and began to make her way to the front door.

And then the sound of another door opening came from in front of her; the handle of the front door being tugged harshly from the other side as if someone were fumbling with it. The sound of an unnecessary key being forced into the lock rang about; indicating that whoever was there was totally unaware that it was unlocked.

“Y-Yoona?” A husky, timid voice called as the door crept open.

“Taec?!” She questioned in disbelief.

The door swung lazily open, revealing the haggard and tired form of her boyfriend; stood pitifully as if he were about to fall to his knees at any moment.

He’d been crying. The redness of his puffy eyes told her as much.

She was angry, hurt, thankful, confused and exhausted; all at the same time - but that didn’t stop her running into the arms of the man she loved out of pure relief. Her arms flung harshly around Taecyeon’s waist and pulled him into a frantic hug; his own arm coming to circle around her thin body in response.

Never mind where he’d been or what he’d done. Yoona didn’t care right now. She just wanted to know that Taecyeon was alright.

“Yoona..” Taecyeon repeated, lowly.

She looked up at him, through the pained eyes that had not long ago been stained by her own tears; and in that moment she saw a side to Taecyeon that she couldn’t recall ever witnessing before. He looked shy and timid, unsure and hesitant, but at the same time looking into her eyes with a shattered, loving gaze.

It was scary and it put her on edge.

As if to make sure she was truthfully in his arms, Taecyeon pulled her close; gripping her strongly and bearing his lips fiercely onto her own. He hoisted her up, lifting her off her dainty feet and carrying her further into the apartment; all the while fervently maintaining the connection of their lips. There was nothing passionate about the way he kissed her. There was nothing lustful or loving. His kisses were harsh and strained with a powerful edge that crushed against her.

It was tense and frightening. Yoona was no stranger to Taecyeon’s dominance; but he’d never quite swept her off her feet so literally. She could do nothing put squirm in his powerful arms; gasping for air when finally he drew away from attacking her lips.

“What are you doing, Taec?” She asked, completely off guard.

“I love you so much, Yoona.” Taecyeon replied.

Yoona had to slam her fists against his broad chest when he leant in for another a kiss.

Taecyeon frowned at her action; hurt b in his expression.

“Don’t you love me?” He whimpered, tightening his hold on her waist.

“You’re hurting me.” She winced, sternly.

A tear slipped out and down Taecyeon’s cheek once more that day, hearing the words of the woman he loved be so pained.

Yoona raised a pitying hand to cup the man’s cheeks, softly brushing over it with her thumb.

Taecyeon nuzzled into the warmth, slamming his eyes shut and releasing her from his grip. His commanding hands came to softly intertwine with hers and after a while he managed to hold her gently. It was enough that she was here, with her soothing presence for Taecyeon’s anxieties to wash away. He wasn’t as dominating or frantic, but he was still tense.

“I don’t want to lose you, Yoona.” He cried, letting another tear escape. “I don’t deserve you.. But I can’t live without you. Please don’t leave me.” He sobbed, falling to his knees and hugging her legs. “Please..”

Yoona didn’t know what to do. But she found herself crying with him. He sobbed and his body wracked at the base of her feet, slumping on the floor pitifully. Her heart ached at the sight; what he was talking about made no sense to her and seeing a previously steel-strong man brought to his knees in tears was enough to push her over the threshold once more.

She sank down to the floor beside him, choking on tears as she descended.

“I’m not-- I won’t leave you, Taec. I still love you.” She whispered, throwing her arms around him. He cried harder at the proximity, clutching onto her tightly and burying himself into her embrace. Yoona slowly swayed him like a child in her arms. “How could you think you’re not good enough for me?” She asked, worried.

“Because..” He began. “Because you’re so perfect and I’m.. I’m just not.” He replied.

“Why are you being like this?” Yoona asked. The hurt from Taecyeon was leaving her sick with anxiety and worry; something must have happened to cause him to be like this, and right now it was anyone’s guess but Taecyeon’s.

“I did something terrible, Yoona.” He sobbed into her shirt.

Yoona winced at his words, somehow expecting that he didn’t mean his fall out with Yunho.

But a part of her really did want it to be as simple as that. She wanted to believe that Taecyeon would never do anything to hurt her.

“Tell me.” She demanded, forcing back her emotion.

Taecyeon shook his head weakly.

“Taecyeon.” She responded, anger and worry beginning to mix.

Taecyeon lifted his head to meet her gaze, his tear stained cheeks and red eyes aflame with a silent plea for forgiveness.

“You’re scaring me now.” Yoona said, shaking him. “If this is about what happened with Yunho--”

“--It’s not that.”

“..I’m sure he’ll forgive you.”

“No he won’t.” Taecyeon retorted. “He’s never gonna forgive me for what I did.” He hung his head.

“If you just apologized--”

“--He hates me, Yoona! I don’t deserve for him to forgive me..” He interrupted, harshly; his raised voice startling the long-haired beauty cradling him.

“Taecyeon.. You need to tell me what you’ve done.” She demanded once more.

“J-Jaejoong..” He stuttered.

“What about Jaejoong?”

“He was there and..”

“He was where? What are you talking about?”

“He was there, Yoona! I couldn’t stop!”

“He was where?! You’re not making any sense!” She screamed.

“I hurt him, Yoona..”

Yoona grimaced at that sentence. She was pretty sure she didn’t even want Taecyeon to continue. But of course she needed to hear it from his mouth first.

“What did you do?” She snarled.

“I-I.. I didn’t mean to!” He whined.

“What did you do to Jaejoong, Taecyeon?! Don’t lie to me.”

“I.. I-I..” He stammered.

..

All of a sudden there was a tremendous pounding at the front door; hands bearing down solidly against the hard wood and sending deafening thuds throughout the apartment.

“Taecyeon!” An angry voice shouted form the other side of the door.

Taecyeon’s eyes suddenly flashed with fear at the sound, looking up at Yoona as if to plead for protection. The realisation hit him hard, that Yunho was on the other side of the door. And he was pissed. Understandably.

“Taecyeon, you better get the out here right now before I tear this door down!” Yunho howled from outside, his voice beginning to drip with more and more anger by the second.

“What did you do?..” Yoona asked in horror, releasing the man in her arms and stumbling backwards.

“Please, Yoona..” Taecyeon begged, reaching out his hand - only to have it rejected. Yoona lurched backwards once more, causing him to wither back and snivel.

“Don’t touch me.” She growled.

“TAECYEON!” Yunho shouted, banging his fists harshly against the door once again.

Yoona didn’t know what to do. The crying from Yunho’s apartment before, that was because of Taecyeon? Taecyeon had hurt Jaejoong.. And now Yunho was here for revenge? What the had happened between the four of them that had suddenly caused so much and heartache? She had an idea. But she didn’t want to admit to it. Deep down though, she knew; it was Taecyeon that had caused this.. No matter how much he cowered away from what he’d done, he was to blame. Yoona still didn’t know exactly what he was to blame for, but she knew it had to be pretty bad for Yunho to be hounding at her front door.

“Why is he here?” She asked him, void of emotion.

“Huh?” Taecyeon shrunk back down.

“What have you done, Taec?” She asked, coldly.

“Please, Yoona..”

“...”

“I’m sorry..” He whimpered.

Yoona sighed.

The sound of Yunho thundering against the door was almost deafening. Yoona wanted to scream and cry. It was driving her crazy, and all the while Taecyeon simply cried at her feet.

“I can’t take this!” She screeched, covering her ears and running over to the door.

“Wha-- N-No! Yoona!” Taecyeon screamed after her, but it was in vain.

Yoona reached the door and opened it. And on the other side stood a furious Yunho; eyes burning with anger and muscles tensed in anticipation. He looked just as frightening as Taecyeon had done earlier and it caused the girl to shudder and contort. She slid back as Yunho barged his way inside, barely noticing the timid frame of Jaejoong, standing nervously behind him.

“Where is he?” Yunho demanded as he passed Yoona, only to ignore her when his eyes fell on the man in question.

Yoona simply stood in shock, looking at Jaejoong and immediately gasping in horror at the extensive bruise on his cheek. Jaejoong whimpered and began to sob next to her, understanding the hurt that danced through her mind. Yoona looked between the boy and back at Taecyeon, her head shaking in disbelief and shame as the latter man recoiled away from Yunho’s ever-imposing presence.

“What the did you do, Taec?!” Yoona screamed, tears choking in the back of and anger prickling through her body.

“Answer her.” Yunho snarled, abruptly stopping a safe distance from the other man.

Taecyeon stuttered and winced.

“Tell her what you did to him!” Yunho shouted, startling all three of the others. “Look her in the eye and tell her what you did.” He barked.

“I-I..” He stammered once more. “I’m sorry, Yoona.”

He couldn’t do it.

He couldn’t tell her.

Yoona shook her head and sobbed, the emotion of it all piling up as Jaejoong came closer to pull her into a coy hug.

Taecyeon took a step forward. “Please, Yoona.. I love y--”

Taecyeon never finished that sentence.

A fist flew through the air and suddenly he was on the floor.

A sharp stinging pain exploded across his cheek and as he lifted a hand up to cup his aching face, he thought he could feel - and smell - blood.

“You don’t deserve to say that.” Yunho spat. “You would never have done what you did if you loved her, or cared about me and Jae.”

“Yunho..” He whimpered, unable to think of anything sufficient to say.

“Save it, Taecyeon.” Yunho cut him off. “There’s nothing you can say that will make this any better. I don’t forgive you. And don’t expect that to change any time soon.”

Taecyeon sobbed on the floor, a dishevelled mess.

Yunho his heel, a throb of pain stabbing at his chest as he was forced to turn his back on someone he’d once called a friend.

“Jae, we’re leaving.” He said, quietly; taking the boy by the hand and pulling him away.

“Yunnie..” Yoona whispered through her sobs as the boys passed her. Momentarily, Yunho looked down on her, pity and apology laced into his gaze. But only for a moment. Even though it killed him to leave her like that, he had too. Jaejoong was more important right now and Yoona would have to wait.

“I’m sorry.” He said, turning his back on her and briskly exiting the apartment.

Jaejoong looked back as he left, seeing the couple sobbing individually on the floor; Yoona sank back to her knees and cried, whilst Taecyeon curled himself into a ball and followed suit. It was a sad thing to see. And amongst it all.. He couldn’t help but feel somewhat responsible. Yunho had, in the end, chosen him over Yoona. Jaejoong had come between a friendship - and he hated it.

Yunho’s grip tightened on Jaejoong’s hand as the older boy pulled him away, not towards their home, but towards the exit of the building.

Yunho didn’t want to stay there.

Yunho wanted to be alone with Jaejoong.

“Where are we going?” Jaejoong asked, innocently.

“Anywhere away from here.” Yunho replied as they passed through the main doors.

...

 


 

A/N

Hi guys! Hope you like this chapter, although it was hard for me to write this. I feel so bad for Yoona!

This is now the 3rd time since AFF maintenance began that I've uploaded this chapter. It's frustrating and I'm sick of waiting for all these problems to be fixed. We lost subs/comments/views/chapters over the past weekend, and whilst that is sad, I have come to the realisation that I can no longer wait to continue updating. When the problem is resolved, I'll be grateful, but right now it's taking a very lengthy, indefinite amount of time - and I don't want to make you guys wait any longer than you already have.

Updates will resume within the coming week.

Thank you for reading/subbing/commenting!

I hope you guys haven't been having as many problems as I have!

...