Again

Wonderstruck Twice

I know what's happening to you, Yoohyun. If only you'd realize how much I wanted to see you again.

"I was too late." She sniffled. Too late. You were always late. You were late on most of our dates, you missed almost all of my performances 'cause you were late. You were even late when I was about to die in my hospital bed. You were late for everything when it comes to me. But I never really cared for it. At least you came. But that last one, I don't know how to feel about that. 

"I never got a chance to say goodbye to him." She continued.

I never got a chance to say goodbye to you too, Yoohyun.

"If only he didn't leave..." She said, trying to keep herself together. "I would say how much I love him. And that I never meant to miss anything with him."

This felt wrong.

Not for me, for Yoohyun. It's just not right. This is going too fast for her. I mean, let's face it. She lost 'Kris' a few months ago, she's still not over him, and now she's with me, expressing her pain and emotions. And she hasn't even known 'Chanyeol' for a whole day yet. This is wrong, very wrong.

I stopped in my tracks as I faced the ground, hesitant.

"What's wrong?" She asked me. I can feel her breathing on my neck and it sent chills down my spine. I didn't know what to do.

"Nothing, nothing." I answered her. I resumed walking on the path, and we got to the front of her home.

She quickly got off of me, and wiped her tears with her fingers.

"Thank you." She said to me softly, and nodded before she went in her house.

I deeply inhaled the cool air as I was walking home. I had to get Yoohyun back. She was only opening up to me because she was in a whole mess of things right now. She doesn't know what she's thinking anymore. But then again, maybe she trusts me too much.

I'm beginning to be extremely frustrated. This isn't how I expected it to be. I thought that if I'm given another chance to live again, everything would be back to normal. Of course not. I forgot that my former family doesn't even know I'm still alive. I'm in a new family now. I never expected a new life could be so hard with my past life still in my memory.

All of a sudden I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Chanyeol!" I turned around and saw Luhan with a pretty smile on his face, as usual.

"Hi." I greeted him and we walked together. As we walked, he would kick numerous pebbles on the way, with his hands in his pockets.

"Uh..." He started. "Mind telling me what you were doing with Yoohyun on your back?"

I faced him, not knowing how to feel about that. As a result, my face contorted into an unexplainable expression, causing Luhan to look confused.

"What's wrong with your face?" He asked me. "Nevermind. Just tell me why you were carrying Yoohyun home."

"I don't see any problem with that." I told him. I lied, obviously.

"I told you not to make a move on her that fast." He said, slapping me lightly on the arm.

"She was really tired and I just helped her. That's all."

"Not the way I saw it." He said.

"What do you mean?"

"Come on, she was crying." He answered. "And I can hear you guys talk."

Was this guy following us around? I know for a fact that Luhan lives on the other side of town. Not even close to where I am. But I can't tell him that. We just met.

"Anyway, you better take this slow." Luhan continued. "I know Yoohyun. She tends to spill a lot out if she's this emotionally wrecked."

Him and Yoohyun go way back to elementary school. They've been friends for quite a long time now, so of course, Luhan would know a bit more about her.

I nodded as a Yes to what he said.

"Good." He patted my back and headed back to where he's supposed to be going towards home. "Gotta go. See you tomorrow."

I waved goodbye at him and walked home.

*-*-*-*-*

"How's your first day at Shinhwa High?" My sister asked me as I sat down with them at the dinner table.

"Fine." I answered bluntly as I stared at my plate of green peas, rice and chicken.

"Who did you meet?" My mom asked.

"Uh, a bunch of teachers." I said jokingly.

"Very funny." My sister replied, munching on her peas. "But seriously. Did you meet anybody?"

"Of course I did." I answered. "Uh, their names're Luhan and Yixing."

"Wait.." My sister said. "Those names sound very familiar."

My mom nodded in agreement. "Who're they again?"

My sister suddenly snapped her finger. "I remember! Those're Kris Wu's friends, right? The guy from Shinhwa High who died a few--"

A loud thud was heard from my father's slamming of his fist on the dinner table. "We're not to talk about this while we're eating."

Everyone looked down to their food and ate silently. 

I guess everybody knew about me before.

*-*-*-*-*-*

It's a Saturday today, and I was heading to the library to finish my homework before I hang out with the other guys. Their names're Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. Two other guys from my class who I never bothered befriending before when I was still Kris.

I entered the quiet building filled with books and computers. I'd prefer this place over my house which included my sister being ever so loud with her drums and she doesn't stop for .

I walked towards the aisle where I should be able to find what I needed for my homework.

As I was heading there, I looked over at an aisle with a familiar figure sitting with a stack of books beside her. Her head was down on her knees and she was sniffling softly. She's crying.

Being the nice guy that I am, I walked over to her and knelt on one knee to face her. She looked up with tears b on her eyes. It's Yoohyun.

I met her, crying in the library, again.