Barriers

Barriers

 

 

In love, nothing could be a barrier.

 

~

 

 

Walking all alone to the SM Building, Chanyeol has been thinking deeply. These past few days, Baekhyun can’t stop talking about a Noona from So Nyuh Shi Dae. How did he even like her? Did she already talk to him or did they interact already? All he feels for his best friend now is pity. He is just too young for her.

 

He didn’t notice that he was at the door of the building already. He bumped at the glass walls of the certain building. He tried to stand up but he still feels dizzy. Not far from him, is a girl with fair white skin, running in her stilettos.

 

“Chanyeol!”She quickly assisted the clumsy guy and helped him stand up. “What happened?” Chanyeol looked at the girl in front of him blankly. “Stephanie Noona…” She gave him a very cute pout. “Chan, no one calls me Stephanie these days. Call me Tiffany or Fany.” He quickly nodded. As soon as he was able to get back his composure, he pulled his hand from the older girl’s grip and bowed. “I’m fine now. I need to go.” He walked quickly inside the building, leaving Tiffany confused with the younger man’s odd actions. “Is he really fine?”

 

While walking, he casually smacks his head and murmur comprehensible words. “Yah. Chanyeol! She’s older! And besides, Baekhyun likes her. Stop thinking about her.” Suddenly, a person placed his hands on the confused guy’s shoulders. “Park Chanyeol!” He nearly jumped because of shock. “Minho Hyung! You nearly killed me!” The taller guy laughed at him. “I can see that. It looks like you just saw a ghost.” Chanyeol scratched the back of his head because of embarrassment. “I heard you speaking to yourself. Who is this Noona that you and Baekhyun like? Tell Hyung!” Chanyeol’s eyes grow wide. “Ani! I don’t like someone right now.” He told Minho worriedly. “Stop lying! I know you a lot! We’ve been friends since you were a trainee!” He walked hastily to their apartment but he knows very well that the older man will not let him escape.

 

Minhoblocked the smaller man using his long arms. “You know that I won’t let you go, right?” Chanyeol just looked at him innocuously. “All right, you win.” Minho smiled with much satisfaction. “Just promise me one thing.” Minho looked at the serious guy in front of him. “What?” “Don’t ever tell Baekhyun or to anyone.” Minho was bothered by the man’s somberness. “Okay. I promise. Now, who is the lucky girl?”

 

At first, Chanyeol hesitated to tell him and tried to explain his point. “Hyung, I don’t really like someone right now. I was just thinking about the girl because Baekhyun likes her and I’m just worrying about him, not being liked back.” Minho just laughed at the man in front of him. “Stop explaining and just tell me who the girl is. Maybe I can help you with that.” He smirked. Chanyeol looked at the floor and started to play with his fingers. “Aisssh! It’s not supposed to be this way Hyung! I don’t like Stephanie Noona!” The younger guy took a step backward when he realized that he just blurted out the name and quickly covered his mouth with his hands. He ran as fast as he could until he reached his apartment.

 

Chanyeol had a relieved feeling when Sehun opened the door for him. The Maknae looked jolly. The usual gloomy face of the youngest member is different. Chanyeol knows why he is happy right now. “Luhan Hyung is here. Right?” Sehun just gave him a soft smile. “Is it too obvious?” The topic, which is Luhan, just went out of nowhere. “Hyung!” Chanyeol gave his hyung a hug which Luhan gave back whole-heartedly. After the hug, Sehun and Luhan continued their unfinished business.

 

Chanyeol just looked at the two of them being comfortable with each other. Suddenly, he felt that someone just patted his shoulders. “Chanyeol...” He quickly faced the man. “Byun Baekhyun!” Baekhyun sat beside his best friend and had random talks with him. Chanyeol knows very well that in just a few minutes, his friend will probably switch the topic to Stephanie and he is not wrong about that.

 

“Did you see how she smiles? It can melt people’s hearts!”Baekhyun told him with all his heart. Chanyeol looked at his friend with pity eyes. “Donghae Hyung is so lucky! And so as Siwon Hyung! They get paired up with an angel like her.” While Baekhyun was telling everything he liked about Tiffany, a knock on the door was heard. Sehun quickly stood up and went to the door. “Minho Hyung!” Minho went inside and he looked at Chanyeol with a smirk. “Hi Chan!” The younger guy looks terrified. “Hi Hyung. What’s with the sudden visit?” He went to the two persons chatting on the table and took a sit beside Chanyeol. “I felt like it’s a nice day to visit my brothers.”

 

Minhohad small talks with the two of them. Chanyeol stayed quiet. He joined the talk casually, depending on the topic. The oldest guy thought of something. He tried to tease Chanyeol who looks very gloomy. “Chanyeol and Baekhyun, do you like someone right now?” Baekhyun’s face lit up all of a sudden. “I guess that’s a yes for Baekhyun. Who’s the lucky girl?” Minho can feel Chanyeol worrying all of a sudden. He just made a small smile because he knew that he succeeded in teasing the younger guy.

 

“I like Tiffany Noona.”Baekhyun told Minho straightforward. “Really? Wow. I guess you have many competitors.” Chanyeol started tapping the table with his bare hands. He looks very nervous.  Baekhyun is very oblivious of the way Chanyeol acts. His mind is just fixed on one lady, and that’s Tiffany. “I knew that even before I liked her. Who wouldn’t like her, right Chan?” Chanyeol was shocked. He stood up and almost stumbled. “Ah y-yes. Who wouldn’t?” “Are you fine?” Baekhyun noticed the weird actions of his friend. “I’m fine. I just felt a bit dizzy because I bumped in the glass door earlier.” He just nodded and continued chatting with Minho while Chanyeol went to his room.

 

Meanwhile, the confused Chanyeol kept on rolling on his bed. “Chanyeol, stop, stop, stop, stop thinking about Stephanie Noona!” Suddenly, the door creaked open. His heart almost jumped when the door opened. “Suho Hyung…” The leader went to his bed and tickled him. “Our Chanyeol likes Tiffany Noona!” “Yah! I don’t!” The younger guy covered himself with the blanket. “Come on, I won’t tell it to them, especially Bacon.” The worried guy unwrapped himself and looked at Suho with wide and satisfied eyes. “Really?!” He just laughed and stood up. “Yes, yes! I know how much Baekhyun likes Tiffany Noona.” Chanyeol sat up and looked down. “And seeing me liking her might destroy our friendship.” Suho patted the younger guy’s shoulder. “You know very well that Baekhyun is not like that.” Suho went out of the room and left Chanyeol there, still bothered by his feelings.

 

~

 

Tiffany is sitting on the couch with the girls. She just smiled at herself when she remembered how cute Chanyeol is. How can a lad with strong voice and manly features be as clumsy as her? Jessica looked at her with curious eyes. “Tiffany, what’s with that smile?” Tiffany looked at her best friend and smiled. “I remembered Chanyeol.” The other girls clearly heard her and made teasing sounds. “Tiffany likes Chanyeol? Aw, so cute.” Sooyoung teased. “I don’t. I just remembered how clumsy he is. He stumbled when he bumped on the glass door of the building. It’s so funny and cute.” Taeyeon sat beside her and started combing her hair. “Chanyeol is younger than you. That is child abuse.” All of them laughed at the leader’s statement. But Tiffany defended herself. “How can I like a lad who calls me Stephanie?!” She pouted after the statement. The girls laughed even more. “He calls you Stephanie? Stephanie Noona?” Yoona asked her, almost out of breath. “Why did you even liked Siwon Oppa? He calls you Stephanie before, right?” Yuri asked her with a teasing sound. “Yah! I didn’t like Siwon Oppa! I was just paired up with him! Nothing more than that.”

 

She stood up because everyone is teaming up over her. “Is that so? I don’t see it that way.” The eldest member even more. “Taeyeon Unnie, why are you like this? And besides, he is younger than me! I like older men!” “Just like Donghae Oppa?” Jessica added up with the name of the guys. Tiffany lost her patience and went to the fridge and looked for something to eat. “Let’s stop it girls. If she starts eating all by herself, that means she is annoyed.” Taeyeon commanded everyone and they went back to their movie.

 

After the movie, the apartment phone rang. Sunny answered the phone and happily announced the task given to them. “Girls! We will have a shoot with all of the SM people!” The girls looked so enthusiastic. Sooyoung didn’t let Tiffany go and started teasing again. “Chanyeol, Donghae and Siwon are there! I’m so excited!” Tiffany pretended not to hear anything and just continued nibbling her food. “Let’s prepare now girls.”

 

~

 

All of the Exo members were gathered with some of the Super Junior hyungs and the SHINee hyungs. Baekhyun is so enthusiastic with the shoot. Since Suho announced the shoot, he can’t stop telling them how he wants to talk to Tiffany. After 10 minutes, Girls’ Generation went to the shoot. The Super Junior members went and greeted them. Being very close to Ryeowook, Tiffany went to him and gave him a hug. “Oppa!” She showed them her infamous eye smile. Chanyeol looked at his very envious best friend. He pinched his arm. “Yah! Go to her!”

 

Before Baekhyun was able to go to his so called crush, the Girls’ Generation members went to them. “Annyeong!” Sooyoung bowed to them. The other girls followed. “Why are you being so polite all of a sudden?” Key told Sooyoung with sarcasm in his voice. As expected, Sooyoung won’t let this pass. She attacked the harmless diva. Whenever they are playing, they don’t care what others might think. They just want sweet revenge, that’s all.

 

The other girls went to their other friends and started chatting. Tiffany randomly went to the  guy sitting in the corner. She wanted to know if the lad is really fine.

 

“Chanyeol how’s your head?”She asked the shocked lad and poked his forehead. Chanyeol flinched from Tiffany’s touch. Baekhyun, who is still sitting beside Chanyeol, is confused. He is happy but at the same time, confused on the attention Tiffany is giving to his friend. “I’m fine Stephanie Noona.” Tiffany pouted because of the name again. Baekhyun looks very amused. He found that expression very cute. “I told you to call me Tiffany or Fany.” He nodded and looked at Baekhyun who is looking at both of them alternately. “Hi Baekhyun! How are you? I heard your eyes got hit by a firework. Are you fine?” Baekhyun gulped. He was too nervous to talk to her. He just nodded because he ran out of words. “Both of you are like puppies. Try to talk. Don’t nod at me.” Both of them nodded again. She just laughed at the same actions of the two lads. “So cute!” She pinched their cheeks and walked away and went to the others.

 

Baekhyun looked at the walking figure of the lady. The taller man shook him so he can go back to his senses. “Chanyeol, Tiffany Noona talked to me.” He said, still over whelmed with the sudden interaction. But Baekhyun shifted his gaze to his friend. “You met her earlier?” Chanyeol nodded, still not looking at Baekhyun’s eyes. “What happened? Why you didn’t tell me anything about it?” Chanyeol handed him some food so he would stop ranting. “You were too busy telling me how perfect she is.” Baekhyun just nodded and ate the food given to him.

 

After the shoot, all of them went back to their apartments. Because of their busy schedules, they rarely talk to each other. But Chanyeol always take time to interact with Tiffany. Sometimes, he asks himself why he does those things. He tried to lie to himself and tell that he is just being friendly. He can’t admit to himself that he have fallen hardly over the woman.

 

One day, while he was on his way to watch their shoot from last few weeks, he saw Tiffany sitting in front of the big LCD Screen, watching the video. “Noona…” Tiffany was surprised. She didn’t expect Chanyeol to go there. She invited the younger man to her side. “Chan, take a seat.” He gladly accepted the seat offered by the older lady. They watched the shoot together. Chanyeol wasn’t actually focused at the television. He is thinking of something else. He is thinking about his feelings.

 

He started pounding his chest. Tiffany, who was busy watching earlier, looked at the struggling man. She grabbed Chanyeol’s hand away from his chest. “What’s happening to you? Why are you hurting yourself?” He stopped and looked at the worried state of the woman in front of him. He looked straight to her eyes and so as she.

 

His feelings for her are bothering his mind. He is thinking about the consequences. He is thinking of Baekhyun. He is thinking how Tiffany will react when she knew it.

 

“Noona, what if you like someone and your best friend likes her too but he doesn’t know anything about what you feel? What if the one you love is older than you and you think that person will just laugh at you if you confess your feelings? What is that person doesn’t love you back and just see you as a sibling? What if…”Chanyeol stopped when he heard Tiffany giggle. She let go of the younger lad’s arm and pinched his cheeks.

 

“You are so cute when you are worried. You were like ‘What if that person doesn’t love you back’. But really, you can answer those questions by yourself. If you really love that person, there is nothing that can stop you. Love knows no barrier. Remember that.”She professionally gave her advice to Chanyeol as if she has fallen for someone already.

 

“Tiffany…”She looked at Chanyeol, a bit surprised. “Wow, Tiffany. Not Noona. First time.” She smiled at the serious looking guy. “Did you ever love someone before?” She smiled and nodded. “Yeah, I did. And I also have doubts about it. It’s part of loving someone. But I try to think positive, someday, that person might love me back too.”

 

The younger guy laughed at himself. Tiffany looked at him in disbelief. He looks out of his mind, laughing all by himself. “I guess I’m really hopeless.” He whispered but it was loud enough to be heard by Tiffany. “Hopeless? What are you talking about?” He tried not to look at the curious eyes of the girl beside him. He stayed still as possible, still nervous at the next events. “Noona likes someone else so I guess I’m really hopeless.” Tiffany’s eyes grew wide. She didn’t expect the sudden confession. But her mood changed, she smiled. “You like me?” She asked, teasing Chanyeol. “I know you will just laugh at me.”

 

Tiffany went closer to Chanyeol and pinched his cheeks. “You are so cute. What s cute confession.” She smiled even more, revealing her bright and sparkling eyes. “But you laughed at me.” He told her, still embarrassed with the older lady’s reaction. “I have no doubts now. It’s all mutual.” She told Chanyeol, still facing the embarrassed guy. He looked straight to Tiffany’s eyes. “You like me too?” She nodded and poked his nose.“Who else could it be?”

 

~

 

Hi! So this pairing is probably new to you, right? I just tried it. Since they are my biases in both groups. It’s a little bit crappy though. I just wanted to write something about them since I read “Absolute Chanyeol”. It’s a BaekYeol oneshot. It has nothing to do with Tiffany but it kinda gave me an inspiration to write about them. Does it sound weird?

 

Anyways, I hope you had fun reading this. Can I consider it a fluff fan fiction? If yes, then this is my first ever fluff. I don’t write fluff. I usually write angst and romance. Thank you for your time!

 

-Aimee <3