Stupidity And Tablemates

This Is Why I Hate Science

Opportunities Don't Come With Their Values Stamped Upon Them.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[INDENT]Eagerly, they each searched the piece of paper for their names, and as their eyes fell upon the names scribbled in their teacher's neat writing, they exchanged a glance, and both nearly shouted. "No freaking way am I sitting next to that guy!"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

[INDENT]"I'm not sitting next to him! I can't!" 

 

[INDENT]"Likewise! There's no way I'd sit next to that kind of person."

 

[INDENT]Five minutes after discovering their seats, Jonghyun and Key could be seen standing in the hallway, right outside their classroom door. Key couldn't believe his luck- and he knew they both probably looked like children, and couldn't help the sheepish feeling that sat stuck in his stomach as he leaned against the wall. Key had gotten in trouble for quarreling with Jonghyun many times- it was unavoidable, considering they were in five out of six of the same classes. And the one class they weren't in together was the very last class, so Key always had to put up with him through five whole classes before getting his peace and time alone. It wasn't fair, but Key had learned to live with Jonghyun's petty plays whenever they'd bump into each other in class, or whenever they'd be forced to sit even two desk-lengths away from each other. 

 

[INDENT]Their teacher, a petite woman with a crazy large bark, strolled out of the class, smiling happily, and closed the door behind her before turning to Jonghyun and Key. "Now," She said with that falsely sweet tone of hers, "I'd appreciate an explanation." 

 

[INDENT]"There's nothing to explain, teach." Jonghyun muttered, and Key had to admit, he was surprised with how completely and utterly oblivious Jonghyun always was to how teachers saw him. He was especially amused that Jonghyun never noticed their Science teacher's sugary tone being a cover up for the snappish woman inside, as well. Really, Jonghyun wasn't always just a jerk. He could be both a jerk and a total idiot at the same time.

 

[INDENT]"Oh, is there, now, Mr. Jonghyun? Why don't you explain exactly what you have against sitting next to Mr. Kibum, then~?" The woman turned her full attention toward Jonghyun, and though Key though Jonghyun's occasional idiotic attitude was the funniest thing since, there were times like this he was thankful for his stupidity towards others' emotions toward him. Key held back a snicker as Jonghyun's expression turned surprised at being cornered, like a mouse in between a cat and a mouse trap. Though, Key mused thoughtfully, I suppose it's kind of cute from time to time.

 

[INDENT]Key froze, blinking in shock. What had he just thought? It wasn't the first time he'd had thoughts like that, now that Key looked back on the past few months. For some reason, his attention had gone from Jonghyun's jerkish attitude to his facial features, and how he looked exceedingly adorable with his hair ruffled after coming off the basketball court. Sure, Key was gay, and not many people knew that, which was how Key preferred it, but that didn't mean he went strolling around checking off how cute every guy was.

 

[INDENT]Well... okay, he did that, too, from time to time. But that wasn't the point. The point was that Key was paying more attention to Jonghyun than he usually would, and more than he would have liked. 

 

[INDENT]Key was brought back to the present by the familiar sound of Jonghyun's '-time-to-make-up-an-excuse' voice. Jonghyun rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, laughing breezily. It occurred to Key that Jonghyun was in fact quite the good liar, as Key began to remember how easily excuses came to Jonghyun whenever the teacher caught him coming late to a class, or something of that nature.

 

[INDENT]"Well, you see, teach..." Jonghyun began, and Key could practically see the gears in his head turning. Though, Key had to admit, he wouldn't want to have to answer a question like that, either. "It's just that... I don't really know Kibum at all. I think I'd be better sitting next to someone I'm more... familiar with...?" Key wanted to face palm at the incredibly pathetic excuse. So Jonghyun was a pretty good liar, but apparently that wasn't a full-time trait. 

 

[INDENT]And, even before the teacher spoke, Key knew exactly what she'd say. 

 

[INDENT]Slapping Jonghyun on the back, she grinned. It was the grin of a snake catching its pray easily as breathing. "Well, then! This is a great opportunity to get to know each other." Without waiting for both Key's and Jonghyun's protests, she opened the door and gestured into the classroom. Smiling like a sweetheart, the woman giggled. "Time for class, boys~!"

 

[INDENT]Emitting groans simultaneously, Key and Jonghyun were ushered into the classroom, shooting each other death glares as they sat next to each other at the two person table in the very back of the classroom. And throughout that whole class, neither Jonghyun nor Key could sit far away enough from each other for comfort.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

[INDENT]It was last period, and Jonghyun couldn't be happier. Really, he couldn't. The only time he got away from that Kibum since school started, and he cherished last period like a Buddhist would cherish the Buddha. Jonghyun was also extremely giddy, because last period was gym. And today was game day. Jonghyun practically skipped to gym, Taemin tagging along, chatting happily about something. Jonghyun had learned to just nod and "yeah, of course" at the right moments, because he really couldn't keep up with Taemin's topic changes and such.

 

[INDENT]Jonghyun bid Taemin goodbye as they parted ways to classes, and he dropped his bag down as he got in the locker room. He changed rather quickly, and as he was tying his shoes, he caught the glance of a boy who looked oddly familiar. The boy smiled at Jonghyun with a friendly air about him, and Jonghyun found himself smiling back, watching curiously as the boy made his way over. He sat on the bench next to Jonghuyn and gave a small wave. "Hi, Jonghyun." He said, and Jonghyun blinked, wondering why the boy spoke like they were close friends. Then, he went on. "I'm Choi Minho." 

 

[INDENT]Oh, Jonghyun thought, that's why he looks familiar. Minho, Jonghyun remembered vaguely, was one of Key's closest friends. Great, just great. Jonghyun stared at Minho, feeling guilt for even thinking of being mean to him for that reason. Jonghyun was a complete and total jerk to Key, but he knew better than to cross lines and begin hating Key's friends, too. He knew better than that, most definitely.

 

[INDENT]Jonghyun let out a ghusty sigh and nodded at Minho. "Yeah, hi, Minho. I'm Jonghyun. Kim Jonghyun." He stood and stretched, glancing at Minho and flashing a quick "I'll see you later, I guess" his way before briskly walking out of the gym locker room. He was eager for the physical activities to hurry up and start. Sure, Jonghyun wouldn't be mean to Key's friends, but that didn't mean he had to befriend them, either. 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

_____________________________________________________

 

D:

 

Can you tell I got lazy there at  the end?

 

Dx Gomeeeen. LOL xD But anyway, hope you liked this chapteeeeeeer and I guess that's all I really have to say. ._____.

I was going to say something else, but I totally forgot what that was, so maybe I'll add what I was going to say on to this later. If I remember. ;;>______>

 

THANKS FOR READING, AS ALWAYS. =D