Monday Morning Joys

This Is Why I Hate Science

There's a difference between school and life- in school, you're taught a lesson and given a test. In life, you're given a test and taught a lesson.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

[INDENT]The population of people that woke up at seven thirty a.m on Monday morning wasn't many- but sadly, Kim Jonghyun was one of them.

 

[INDENT]He sluggishly dragged himself through his room, picking up clothing strung across the room and shuffling through the pile he'd created in the middle of his room, choosing random clothing items. He held his toothbrush in his mouth as he pulled on his jacket and combed his fingers through his hair, which he'd recently dyed partially blond. Eyes drooping, Jonghyun made his way down the stairs of his home, nearly stumbling at the bottom from fatigue. As he passed the kitchen, Jonghyun grabbed an apple he knew he probably wouldn't eat, anyway, and grabbed his bag, which sat at on the floor next to the doorway to his garage, and climbed in the front seat of his toyota truck. He sat in the seat for a single moment before blinking blearily, realizing he was forgetting his keys. Jonghyun scrambled back inside and when at first look he couldn't find his keys, he reduced himself to laying on the ground and looking under the couch and the television set.

 

[INDENT]A jingle behind him as he checked under the refridgerator, which was actually not as odd a place for his keys to be as some may think, made him jerk upright, sitting rigidly and stiffly as he squinted through the kitchen's dimmed lighting at the person in the doorway. The jingle came again, and a flick of light off metal flashed in the figure's hand, and Jonghyun pushed himself upright, hurrying to the figure. "Thanks, sis." Jonghyun said, patting her head once and her bedheaded hair back from her face. She stared at him groggily. 

 

[INDENT]"Why so early, Jonghyun?" She asked quietly, yawning like the small child she was. Jonghyun loved his sister- considering his parents weren't good influences, Jonghyun had taken it upon himself to care for her himself. And considering she loved him as much as he loved her, anyway, there wasn't a big problem with it. In fact, it was sometimes like there were two groups in the Kim family. The kids and the adults. The kids being Jonghyun and his sister, and the adults being their parents, who really couldn't take the pressure of raising children unless they did most of it themselves. And Jonghyun did.

 

[INDENT]Jonghyun let a smile onto his face for the first time that morning, and he stood at his normal height, a small groan slipping through his lips. "Basketball practice. The coach is being even more strict than usual with the final competition coming up." Jonghyun lifted her by her arm pits and brought her back upstairs, like carrying a small baby, and lay her in her bed, where she curled up, facing Jonghyun, staring through half lidded eyes.

 

[INDENT]"Bye, Jjongy." She murmured, yawning. Jonghyun lay his lips upon her forehead and closed the door behind him as he left. He tossed his keys into the air, catching them with a grin. Much more awake than he had been before, Jonghyun entered the garage, unlocking his car and slipping in for the second time that morning. He started the car and lifted the garage door, backing out and driving down the street after making sure the garage door was closed once more. He blinked a few times, his eyes adjusting to the dim light of the early morning, and soon enough he was approaching his high school, which, no surprise to him, was already lit and ready for the first day of the week to begin for what felt like the thousandth time to Jonghyun. He parked his car farthest away from the school, taking his time to walk across the parking lot and into the school. Both bags slung over his shoulder -his gym bag and his school bag- weighed him down as he made his way into the gym, where thirteen teenage boys sat, looking incredibly bored.

 

[INDENT]The sound of Jonghyun's shoes against the rubber of the gym floor announced his arrival, and thirteen heads simultaniously snapped in his direction. "Jonghyun!" was shouted across the gym floor, some sounding relieved, some sounding irritated, and some sounding amused. Choi Minho, a boy who'd recently joined the basketball team, jumped down from the bleachers and clapped him on his shoulder just as he dropped his bags to the ground. "You're late, Jonghyun! Ready to start practice?" Somehow, Minho was the kind of guy that made people just want to throw away the negitivity and focus on the positivity. And that's exactly what the other players seemed to decide to do.

 

[INDENT]"Let me go change into my uniform." Jonghyun said, and then elevated his voice to a slight shout at the players. "Start with warm ups or something, alright, guys?" Before waiting for the moans and groans of the cranky players, Jonghyun grabbed his gym bag and ran into his gym locker room, removing his outer clothing and changing into his gym uniform. He stopped by the sink to splash a quick burst of water in his face, wanting to be much more awake than he was, before he ran out, ready to start yelling orders of business to the team.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

[INDENT]Back at a different Kim household, Kim Kibum was only just waking up. He stretched his long, lean legs out and yawned a bear-like yawn before sitting up and swinging his legs over the side of the bed. He rubbed a hand over his face before standing and stretching one more time, just for the heck of it. He stumbled into his bathroom and the shower to a hot degree, brushing his teeth before removing what he had wore to bed and climbing in the shower. As expected, the water woke up not only his mind, but his body, as well. He ran a hand through his hair, shaking it out before turning the shower completely off. He stood in the shower tub for a moment, just standing, before clambouring out and drying himself off. He, unlike Jonghyun, chose his clothing carefully, only chosing what wasn't wrinkled or unclean. Oh, and of course, it had to match. It just had to, or else, what kind of outfit would it be?

 

[INDENT]Key stepped out of his room to be hit by the aroma of freshly scrambled eggs and slightly burning toast. He strode into the kitchen, kissing his mother on the cheek, before grabbing himself a plate and scooping up the breakfast she'd prepared hungrily. His mother asked the usual things -"How did you sleep?", and such- and Key replied as any other teenager would- in monotone, and in replies that seemed to come on their own, easily as breathing. 

 

[INDENT]The honk of a car sounded, and Key kissed his mother on the cheek once more, announcing his time to leave. He snatched his backpack up, which lay on the ground near the television, and practically flew out the door with his mother calling behind him, "Have a nice day, sweetheart!" Key threw himself into the car waiting out front and faced his friend's smile.

 

[INDENT]"G'morning, Key," Lee Onew hummed, and backed the car into reverse as they headed for the school building themselves. School began at eight twenty, and the digital clock on Onew's car headboard read eight ten. Of course, school wasn't too far away from home itself, but that didn't mean Key didn't worry, per usual.

 

[INDENT]"Onew, I know you hold the rules dear to yourself, but go a little faster, would you? We're going to be late." Key fretted, and Onew grinned, rolling his eyes, shaking his head at his friend's worry. Key was usually quite the layed back person when it came to rules and following them strictly, but when it came to arriving places on time, the term "fasionably late" didn't apply to him.

 

[INDENT]They arrived just minute before school got into session, and Key himself was rushing to his first class, which happened to be Science. He didn't exactly favor Science, but it wasn't his least favorite class, so he had absolutely no trouble in doing so. In fact, today was the day they were changing seats. Key couldn't help but be at least a little bit excited for that little thing. He always loved a bit of change every once in a while, anyway. 

 

[INDENT]In no time, the door to his Science classroom was in his sights, and looking around something else was, too. And that something else wasn't something he favored.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

[INDENT]Jonghyun left the gym locker room smelling like a sea of roses. It was all he could do to thank deoderant that actually worked for him smelling so good after such hard training sessions. 

 

[INDENT]Not long after he exited the gym in general was he nearly knocked to the floor by a caramel haired boy with a peppy smile. "Jonghyun-hyung! Good morning to you!" Lee Taemin sang, and Jonghyun regained his balance, walking down the hall with the boy. He grinned at Taemin, shaking his head and rubbing his eyes.

 

[INDENT]"Ay, the morning came too early for me."  Jonghyun said, sighing, and Taemin simply laughed, knowing that Jonghyun didn't really mind much. Jonghyun had always had no problem getting up at a certain time, no matter how early it was. But naturally, the irritation that came with having to wake up at such a time still came with the fatigue.

 

[INDENT]As the pair neared the Science room, Jonghyun's eyes fell on one person in particular, and his good-natured smile fell quicker than a rock. "Oh, great." Jonghyun said, not bothering to tone his voice down any. "Look, Tae. It's that guy." Saying his name was also something Jonghyun didn't do on a daily basis.

 

[INDENT]Key frowned, glaring at Jonghyun, his glare almost looking like a sneer. "What do you want?" Key muttered at Jonghyun, who put his hands up in an innocent gesture.

 

[INDENT]"Hey, don't get pissy." Jonghyun said, shrugging past Key and into the classroom. "Not my problem if you're on your period, Kibum." 

 

[INDENT]Light coloring fell upon Key's cheeks, and he rolled his eyes at the lame jab, entering after Jonghyun. Naturally, all three boys made a beeline for the seating schedule. Taemin got there first, and broke into a mysterious fit of giggles. "Uh-oh. This is going to be an interesting semester." He said, mostly to himself, before moving aside for Jonghyun and Key's own look.

 

[INDENT]Eagerly, they each searched the piece of paper for their names, and as their eyes fell upon the names scribbled in their teacher's neat writing, they exchanged a glance, and both nearly shouted. "No freaking way am I sitting next to that guy!"