Blood on the floor

Blood on the floor

"Why is there blood on the floor?" Kyungsoo gasped.

His gaze followed the splatters on their usually clean dorm floor and...

"Chanyeol?!"

He recognised his team mate's shoes sticking out sorely from the room... his head started reeling....

_______________________

*Two days ago*

"Ya, get out of the seat." Baekhyun smacked a sleepy Chanyeol occupying the entire mini sofa with his absurd height. 

Groggy and still lingering on to the last bits of dreamland, Chanyeol jerked up and muttered: "What? Are we going already?"

Baekhyun slumped down in the tiny space freed from Chanyeol's frame and sighed.

Though their schedules aren't exactly packed like their sunbaes, being a newbie in the entertainment circle and pushing their limits in every single performance for the past one month had taken a toll on their bodies. 

The lifeless clock on the green painted backstage walls showed 12:15 am. 

Kyungsoo walked in at this moment with their manager, Sehun, Kai and Suho. With Suho trailing off a series of "Thank you!!" to the staff outside.

"What is that?" Kai strode towards a silver package sitting forlornly in the middle of the waiting room's table. 

"It's there since I came in. Most probably from fans, I think." Chanyeol mumbled, stifling his 369th yawn that night. 

Their manager picked up the parcel and clapped his hands: "You've worked hard, let's go."

The 6 boys formed a walking train with their arms and zombiefied their way out. 

_____________________

They were greeted by imposing shrieks and frantic movements once they stepped out of the building. The security guards and their manager led the way whilst the boys moved quickly towards their mini van. 

"Chanyeollie!!!" A deafening scream rang through the mob and something flew and hit Kyungsoo in the face.

Kyungsoo froze for a second and without thinking, moved even more rapidly towards the van into safety. 

When the doors slammed close and the van started moving again, a calmness settled and Kyungsoo moved his hands towards his face where that thing hit him just now.

"What..."

His deep and disjointed voice cut through the dormant silence and Kai shouted: "Kyungsoo-ah! Are you all right?"

There was a smear of dark red liquid across the vocalist's forehead and Kyungsoo was looking at the offensive thing marked on his hands.

Chanyeol, who was sitting right next to Kyungsoo, checked him immediately for any cuts. 

"W-What is that?" Sehun quietly stammered.

Kyungsoo tried to control his voice which had begun to tremble, as he took the tissue Kai has wet with some bottled water and wiped the liquid off his face: "I-It smells like blood."

The manager and Chanyeol helped with the cleaning.

"Are you alright?" 

"J-Just.. ok." Kyungsoo was clearly unsettled and his furrowed brows and mincing of his bottom lip gave him away. 

"This is the saseang fans they were talking about... "Chanyeol abashedly said. 

________________________

When they got back to their dorm, the silver package was left on the kitchen table whilst the members scrambled into their normal routine before sleep. It is Sunday and there's another photoshoot tomorrow. They had to sleep to ensure puffed eyed pandas don't show up at their 6am make-up session. 

Baekhyun was one of the last to shower. When he came out of the bathroom, rousing his hair with a bath towel, the silver package caught his eye. He sat down and searched the package for any notes that might hint who it might be for.

There's nothing. 

The rest of the members are in their rooms and Baekhyun figured they might be too tired to come out anyway, thus decided to open the package himself. 

It didn't take too long for him to rip off the flimsy wrapping and open the white cardboard box, only to find...

"ARRHRAJHRJRHJRHHHHHHH!!!!!"

His tenor scream shooked the drowsiness out from the entire unit and the already lying down Suho and Chanyeol sprang to life, followed by the other members who startled from whatever they were doing and followed the source of the scream. 

"What the.. Baekhyun-ah?!" Chanyeol barked.

"What are you screaming ab- OH MY GOSHHHHH!!!!" Sehun mirrored exactly what Baekhyun was doing... falling and squirming away from an army of cockroaches making their way out of the innocent looking box covered in some unknown substance. Suho froze and Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Kai were muttering gasps and exclamations in nonsensical language.

"Get that away! Get that away!!!" Baekhyun was losing his senses and using a kitchen ladle to defend himself weakly. 

Suho jumped into action, grabbing the nearest plastic bag he could find and clamping down on the intruders with a rag, throwing them into the bag at full speed. He finally trudged the entire package into the bag and tied the horror up in a dead knot, as the other members watched, still trying to make sense of what happened.

After Suho walked out of the dorm to throw the package away, Kyungsoo instinctively took another rag and started spraying disinfectant all over and cleaning randomly where the sin was temporarily laid. 

Sehun cursed silently under his breath and Baekhyun finally regained some of his much needed senses. 

"Ommo, ommo... what the heck is that!!????" 

"This is too much." Kyungsoo spoke sharply and as if to prove his point, rubbed the next spot on the table callously. 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _

Ok... this is my first fic, so is there anything that you wanna see particularly? Do let me know! Thanks!