Minhyuk

Imagine

“You make me go insane, she gives me so much pain, I won’t be back again~”

BTOB’s debut song thumped loudly over the speakers as I tapped my foot impatiently to the beat as I waited inline for their fan signing. It was one month after their debut and they were having a CD signing at a CD shop. I had travelled all the way from my country town to Seoul to get my CD signed by Minhyuk – my ultimate, ultimate bias.

He was perfect to me in so many ways. He was cute, talented and funny. What more could I ask for? He was tall, muscly and manly. His imitation of a squirrel killed me. His aegyo killed me. His voice killed me. His ulzzang looks killed me. Everything of his killed me. And when I saw him sitting down at that black table with the cloth over it, smiling at fans widely and signing their CDs and asking polite questions to them to make them feel less nervous, I almost died.

I fidgeted nervously with my CD as the line moved slowly. I stared at Minhyuk as I moved slowly through the ropes.  I took in every small detail of him – what he was wearing, how his hair was styled, what accessories he was wearing. All of a sudden, he looked up and stared straight at me.

My heart thumped loudly in my ears. How long were we just looking at each other like that? Surely other fans would have noticed? Three seconds, three minutes or three hours, I wasn’t sure. But what I was sure of was how it just seemed like the two of us on Earth – nothing else, nothing more. Everything around him seemed to blur out, just like in the movies, and I only saw him. There was even a heavenly light above him, although that may have been the spotlight of the CD shop.

My breath caught in my throat as he was distracted by the coordi noona to pass on the CD he was signing. He broke eye contact with me and signed the album infront of him more diligently. I felt my cheeks burn red and my breathing speed up. I fanned myself with the booklet to try and calm. What had just happened? I smiled secretly inside me. I wouldn’t be able to sleep tonight! Eeeee!

“Everyone! Could I have your attention please?”
A man stepped up on a chair and held a megaphone up to his mouth and made an announcement to the crowd, stopping BTOB from signing any more albums temporality.  But I wasn’t listening. My eyes had wandered over to Minhyuk’s again, and his brown orbs had found mine too. Our eyes met, and his lips turned into one of those cute, half smiles, like he was trying to hide it. My heart twanged in my chest.

After two hours of waiting, I finally reached the front. Luckily Minhyuk was sitting at the end of the table so I could talk to him last. I could mentally prepare my speech while I moved along the table. If he was the first one – oh God. I would stutter and splutter like crazy.

Each member asked for my name and signed my CD artistically. I bowed and thanked them.

“Hi!” Minhyuk said cheerfully, receiving my CD Hyunsik had passed over to him, not looking up. “Thankyou so much for coming today!”
“You’re welcome!” I said. He had not recognised me. Or would he even? He probably gave killer stares like that to girls everywhere, everyday.

At the sound of my voice, his head popped up. And our eyes met yet again, this time at a much closer promixity. He cracked a wide smile, which made me smile widely too. I bet we looked like big dorks to anyone who was watching us. He thought for a moment then quickly bent down to scribble down something on my CD.

“Handshake?” He asked with a sheepish smile on his face.
I smiled and held out my hand. Inside, I was screaming like mad, but on the outside I kept a calm and collected demeanor. He took it in his firm grip and shook it. A shock of electricity sizzled up my arm and I jumped a little, surprised. Minhyuk also looked a little puzzled.

Before I could say anything, though, I was ushered on by the coordi noona. Minhyuk recovered from his shock to wink at me before I thanked him and took my CD.

On the bus home, I held the CD to my chest and closed my eyes, savouring the moment and remembering every single thing that happened at the signing. I then opened the booklet to see what they wrote. I smiled as I tried to decipher their messy handwriting.

Eunkwang, Ilhoon, Peniel, Hyunsik, Sungjay, Changseob – I had read them all. Now to Minhyuk’s! I flipped to his page and almost had a heart attack.

Do you believe in love at first sight? Haha, neither do I!

And below it was a phone number. Minhyuk’s number.