Eunkwang

Imagine

"You make me go insane, she gives me so much pain, I won't be back -"

Eunkwang's phone rang loudly throughout his house. He d around blindly for it in the dark and pressed it to his ear.

"Hello," he croaked, eyes still shut and still sleeping.
"Eunkwang...." a voice whimpered over the phone.
He sat up immediately as his eyes popped open. He recognised that voice immediately. It was Hana.
"Hana? What's wrong? Are you okay?"
She sobbed loudly over the phone. Eunkwang was now wide awake - was he really sleeping ten seconds before? The pain in her voice made his heart ache and twist uncomfortably in his chest.
"Eunkwang," she sobbed again. "It...it hurts."
He jumped off his bed in an instant and pulled on a shirt and some trackies. He must have hit her again. That sick, twisted bastard. How Hana could be around him, Eunkwang never knew.
"Where are you? Hana? Where are you? I'm coming now," he said while trying to jump into his pants. "Stay where you are. Just wait a bit longer, I'll be there as soon as I can!"
"I'm- I'm at the park," she cried, sniffling loudly. "My chest hurts, Eunkwang. I feel like I c-c-can't breathe," she whispered.

He hopped into his car and sped off. Eunkwang knew which park she was talking about - the one where they had first met. The one where he had asked her to be his girlfriend. The park where the shared their first kiss. The park where she broke up with him, saying she had found someone else. Yet, he still stayed by her side all these years because, well, what could he do? Eunkwang still loved her. He was her first and only love - he wouldn't let her that go easily.

The traffic light stopped red and he slammed on the brakes furiously. Eunkwang knew that her boyfriend had hit her again. Except this time, it sounded different. She had always hid her bruises from him and blamed them lamely on her dog and being clumsy, but he knew. And it hurt him as much as it hurt her when she winced in pain everytime she walked. Why did she even stay with him? Couldn't she see that she would be infinitely better with Eunkwang?

He finally reached the park. The clock read 4.45am - the drive had only taken five minutes, but it felt like five hours. His eyes scanned frantically over the dimly lit park and finally, his eyes landed on a small, frail figure lying in the sand.

Eunkwang sprinted toward her. She had lost a lot of weight since they last met a few months ago. Her previously cute, chubby cheeks were now sunken in. Her fingers that she used to call sausages resembled a skeleton. What had happened to his baby? What did he do to you, Eunkwang thought frantically as he lifted you up.

"Hana," he whispered gently, lifting her and cradling her head in his arms. "Wake up. I'm here. It's Eunkwang!"
His breath caught a little in his throat when he saw the bruised finger marks around her neck. The hand shape across her face. Her bloody lip.
"I'm taking you to hospital," Eunkwang said firmly. "Then we're going to the police."

He bent his knees and lifted her up, bridal style. For once in her life, she didn't resist. She didn't thrash and hit his chest and tell him to set her down.
The only thing she was was whisper quietly against his shirt, staining it with tears of sorrow, regret and remorse.
"I'm sorry," she whispered. "I'm so sorry, Eunkwang."

She gripped onto his shirt tighter.
"Shhh," he cooed. "Everything will be okay. I'm here now."