The talk.

Forgotten

 

Sunggyu was working on his desk, smirking at every assignment, every answer to his questions. He had to give them at least a grade for trying to do; at least some of them tried to answer properly, not just with "yes" or "no" but with explanation. He was about to penetrate into his thoughts about how he wasn't a good teacher when Woohyun entered the classroom without even knocking. Sunggyu just glared at his sudden appearance.
 
- Hey Gyu hyu... - He hesitated. Remembered his hyung talking about the formality thing and changed his words immediately. - Sunggyu-ah.
 
Sunggyu smiled. It was kind of cute that Woohyun was trying so hard not to address him as hyung. But he couldn't help it, he din't like. It made him feel old.
 
- Hi! I'm... Sorry. Could you come back later? I'm a bit busy with my work, so...
 
- Actually, I can't. I have a schedule and this is my only freetime. 
 
Sunggyu noticed that he seemed a little rude this time. Maybe this is a serious business talk. He dropped his pen and placed the assignments on one side of the table. Always damn organized, Woohyun thought.
 
- I'm listening. - Sunggyu said with a serious/dark expression on his face. What would come out of Woohyun's mouth now? he thought.
 
Woohyun grabbed a chair and placed it next to the teacher's before taking a deep breath.
 
- Just listen, ok?
 
Sunggyu nodded.
 
 
-
 
 
"Let me out!" He screamed. 
 
Sungyeol caught himself hitting on a window. He felt tears streaming down his face while washing some of the dirt on it. He also heard another voice screaming and begging for who ever locked them there to get them out. He was looking through the window and saw nothing but grass and a big wall surrounding the area, which was big enough for the walls dissapear on the horizon. Suddenly, he felt a hand on his shoulder that made him turn around and face someone he didn't recognize. It was dark. But he could hear what the person was saying.
 
"Don't worry, ok? I promise we will get out of this..."
 
-
Sungyeol woke up breathing hard and realized that he had slept on the couch while watching "Can U Smile?" Carefully placed his hands on his eyes and rubbed them until he could bear the sunlight again. It was difficult to wake up after a nightmare... Or just a weird dream. He groaned and saw that the TV was still on. It was on the morning news. It reminded him about the last night with the report- with L. 
 
He sat straight on the couch and stared at the TV without even paying atention on the screen, but realized what was going on, on the news. The name of his coffee shop was in big letters and his name was right under it. His eyes went wide. Sungyeol didn`t expect this at all!
 
- What...?
 
He shook his head a few times, but there it was. The name of his coffee shop and his name under it in big letters, on the morning news. And it would be spreaded all around Korea. A stubborn smile wanted to appear on his lips because he knew who did this and he was happy. But the fact that he knew who did it made him even more frightened. Then it came. Yesterday he had remembered about another life when he touched that repor- when he touched L. How could he take it so normally? Like something you have to face everyday? It wasn't normal to dream about another life, nor was normal to remember someone from there. It felt... Weird.
 
- Hoya... - He called.
 
No answer.
 
"Did Hoya come home last night?" he thought. He didn't know where he was, but he bets that Howon was with this Dongwoo guy he always talks about - really well, indeed. But he was worried. Howon could be with his student or something could have happened. Sungyeol got up from the couch and searched for his phone. 
 
- Looking for this...? - Suddenly, a voice popped out of nowhere.
 
Sungyeol turned around immediately and found his phone on L's hand. 
 
- What are you doing here?! - He screamed.
 
- I just came in to see your reaction to the advertisement. Did you like it?
 
Sungyeol just couldn't believe it. L was talking like nothing had happened and it was the most normal thing to just... Appear suddenly in someone's house. L walked to the fridge and opened it like it was his, and took out some juice. Apple. He likes apples, Sungyeol thoguht. Then shook his head.
 
- Ok... I don't know how you got in here, but we need to talk. We seriously need to talk.
 
- I'm listening.
 
- L, I'm serious. - He walked to the kitchen's counter where L was and took his juice of his hand while glaring seriously at his eyes.
 
L noticed Sungyeol's eyes that were piercing his own. He wanted to know what happened. He took a deep breath and lowered his eyes. 
 
- We... Uhm... Actually, we're... Why don't you ask me questions? It's hard to find an outset... - He scratched his neck.
 
- Okay... Let me start with yesterday. Why did I remembered... Things... When I touched your hand?
 
- I don't know... Maybe because we're connected, somehow. There are still somethings even I don't remember, but I do quite a lot. And let me ask you something.
 
Sungyeol nodded.
 
- What exactly did you remember?
 
- It was like... I was transported to a dance studio... There was a lot of boys, and Hoya was there too. He even said I was doing a dance move wrong. Then it escaped to a rooftop, where you and I were talking about how the future would look like, or something like that... And then, I slowly recognized you from all the weird dreams I had since... Since always.
 
Sungyeol caught himself asking the forbidden questions such as when did those weird dreams started? When did Sungyeol moved to a place with Howon? Oh yeah, he thought, Hoya gave up on going to the states with his parents to the States... Not all the things were reasonless, he thought.
 
- Do you see what's happening? - Myungsoo asked.
 
- I... I don't know, kind of... What's happening?
 
Myungsoo sighed. He had to explain things little by little if he doesn't mean to scare Sungyeol out. Maybe Sungyeol will be more understanding than him when he figured the truth out.
 
- It´s a long and complicated talk, Sungyeol... Are you sure you want to know all of it? 
 
- I have nothing to lose, do I?
 
- Well... - Myungsoo scratched the back of his head, thinking of what would happen if he tells Sungyeol everything. - You might lose yourself, heh...
 
 
-
 
 
- WE WHAT?! - Sunggyu screamed into the classroom. 
 
He got up from his chair and started to walk back and forth, trying to find a possible explanation for the absurd things Woohyun just told him, such as "he must've watched a really ed up movie and decided to play with my mind."
 
- I'm sorry if this sounds a little too...-
 
- ABSURD?! IMPOSSIBLE?! Woohyun! I can't dance at all! How can you even... Oh my god, are you doing drugs?!
 
- Sunggyu, you can dance but they made you believe that you can't! You were actually really naggy as a leader! - Woohyun chuckled for a moment.
 
- And who exactly are 'they'?!
 
- That is my plan. - Woohyun got up from his chair and took Sunggyu's hands with his, while looking deeply into his eyes. - I want to know who are they. I want to know who made us like this... 
 
But as much as he tried to reach the old Sunggyu in this fake one, he only saw in that two pair of eyes someone who was totally lost and helpless. However, Sunggyu wasn't able to understand anything at the moment. 
 
- I am sorry, Woohyun... - He dropped Woohyun's hands and stepped back to his desk. - I'm not the one you're looking for. I am sure that I can't dance. And I don't remember anything about that... 
 
As Sunggyu was organizing all the assignments in one of the drawers, Woohyun sighed a few times and tried to search for better words to explain what was going on. But the more he thought about it, the more stupid and insane sounded. 
 
- I have to go, now. My brother is waiting for me at home... 
 
Sunggyu made a sign with his hands for Woohyun to go out of the classroom, because he had to lock the door. When both of them got out, Woohyun wondered who was Sunggyu's brother. It could be one of the other boys...
 
- Can I ask you one more question? 
 
Sunggyu was already on his way, in the corridor, but stopped at that moment. 
 
- What is your brother's name?
 
- Sungjong.