I remember you.

Forgotten

 

It was the inauguration of the TICTOC Café. Sungyeol was planning to open it all his life, and he was extremely happy. He smiled at every single waiter and waitress he hired to work with him, including Howon, his best friend. 
 
For the both of them, they've been living as roommates since forever. There was no need to remember about the past because they've been busy; Sungyeol trying to finish up business school and Howon giving dance lessons, though he graduated in physics school, and there were no lack of memory from the past. The curiosity to know where they came from never came, and so they never asked or thought about it. 
 
Though this day wasn't a good day for Sungyeol, because of all the stess he accumulated with the café and the nonstop clients asking for mochas, americanos, and espressos; and sometimes even for cheese sandwiches. Howon was trying his best to attend all the clients he could, but with the pressure Sungyeol was putting on him was too much, and he even threatened his manager that he'd quit if he continue to act like that. 
Everything went just fine, and soon enough, all the clients were gone. Except for two or three persons with their laptops or newspaper, enjoying their, finally, peaceful evening. 
 
- Howon-ah... - Sungyeol called his best friend and best bartender to a corner, looking down to the cold ground; full of guilty about earlier. - I'm sorry for earlier... I'm too stressed out and-
 
- No problem, I understand you, buddy. It must be very difficult for you since this is your biggest dream. And I accepted on working here so... I guess I would have to work here even if your method were whip your employees... - Said Howon with a laughter.
 
- Wow, that's a good idea, Hoya! - Sungyeol said with a sarcastic smile.
 
- Yah! Don't you dare! - They laughed loud. Loud enough for the other employees hear and join the fun conversation, since there weren't soo many clients to attend.
 
Later on the clients were gone and it was cleaning time. Kyungjun was cleaning the tables and Suyeon was sweeping the dirt and all the napkins that were on the ground. The twin brothers were washing the dishes, though there weren't so many as earlier and Howon was cleaning the coffee machines. He started to dance with the cloth in his hands, accompanying the rhythm of the random songs that were played on the little speakers located on every possible corner. Sungyeol laughed at the scene and decided to help him since he didn't have anything special to do. 
 
- Are you ok? - Asked Howon to his friend.
 
- Yeah! Why wouldn't I? - Responded Sungyeol with a weak smile.
 
- You look tired... Are you sure you're ok?
 
- Don't worry about that, jus clean. I don't want to get late for my dorama.
 
Sungyeol's 'dorama' was called "Can you smile?" It was about the tipical girl who falls in love with the most popular guy in the school. She tries her best to get his attention, though he doesn't notice her at first. He is a cold-hearted and strange guy who lives in his own world, living just for the music and his physics class. The girl is smart, achieving his level of physics, and not as pretty as she wants to be. When he finally notice the girl, he starts to smile more and more, making his days colorful as it was once.
 
All Sungyeol's employees were gone by 10 p.m. and he was hasty to go home; he didn't want to lose a single episode of "Can you smile?" Howon came out of the Café, where his friend was waiting for him, with worry eyes.
 
- I can't find my handphone... Do you know where I could've left?
 
- Yah, Lee Howon! You're asking me? Me?! - Cried Sungyeol with fingers pointing at himself. - Aish, so irresponsable... Did you search on the counter? One of the drawers in your locker? Your apron?
 
Howon opened his mouth to shout and protest his "irresponsability" but he remembered where he had put his handphone and ran inside the cafe again. After 5 minutes, he came back happily with the device in his hands, running to Sungyeol, but bumped on his backs.
 
- What's happening? - He asked.
 
- This guy said he's a photographer and reporter from the capital, and he wants to advertise the café in the capital's newspaper. - Sungyeol pointed to the black-haired and strange-looking guy standing in front of them.
 
- Why not? It could be good for the café reputation! - Cried Howon with a bright smile on his face.
 
The guy smiled in victory, gaining an accomplice for his idea. He glared at Sungyeol, who was pensive at the moment. What could possibly go wrong? It's a good offer. 
 
- What's your name? - Asked Sungyeol.
 
- It's Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo. 
 
- Well, Mr. Kim-
 
- Call me Myungsoo. No need for formality. - Myungsoo smiled.
 
- I'd rather call you Mr. Kim. I don't have any intimity with you... - A painful expression involved Sungyeol's face as he got redder and redder, and looked down.
 
- It's ok... - He doesn't remember... The strange guy looked down for a second, but brought his face up again with a weak smile and a hand in the middle of them. - Can we shake hands instead? 
 
Sungyeol extended his hand to hold Myungsoo's and give him the handshake that meant agreeing with the advertisement in the newspaper, but felt something strange when the hands touched. Just then, a flash of memories came to him as he squeezed Myungsoo's hand and saw himself in lots of places that didn't looked like Busan at all, where he was living nowadays, mostly inside a studio where another group of boys were in. He shuted his eyes and tried to get rid of it, but it was impossible.
 
And as if someone whispered in his ear, he heard "Nekkeohaja... Saranghae... Do you hear me?... Kajikaja..." Why are these words invading my mind? Nothing's really making any sense at all... "Yah, Lee Sungyeol! You're doing it wrong!" "L-ah... What do you think our future will be...?" Future? What's in the future? Why am I at some rooftop with that photographer guy?
 
 
- Aaaaaah! - He screamed.
 
- What's wrong?! - The black-haired guy asked with worry eyes and hands, the ones that were holding Sungyeol, who almost fell to the ground.
 
- You... - The taller boy found himself staring at a familiar figure for a whole eternity, before raising a hand to touch Myungsoo's face and finally recognizing his features, voice, touch, and breaths. - I remember you, L