The Wrong Path

In Love and War
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A/N: I'd really appreciate if all of you commented and told me if you like it, and how this going so far. Please, it's really important! Talk about your thoughts about the characters as well, please!!

Just something I need to get clear: I was planning to do only an oneshot when I started writing, but the story would be rushed, so I gave up that idea. It won't be too long, but not too short either so that you can keep reading pleasantly. I'm telling you this because the first part of the story may be a little bit more summaried :)

Oh, and this fanfic WILL HAVE rated scenes, but it's only for language/violence, not !

In the future, I won't really post A/N, so forgive this one! I hope you enjoy reading! Pleaaase comment or I won't feel motivated to go on!

 

 

1st Chapter - The Wrong Path

 

If I could go back in time, I’d take back all the words I said to him. I’d beg him not to go, I’d tell him I loved him for the first time.

We met on a beautiful night in March. I was going home after working overtime, worried because my siblings could be dying from hunger. I walked faster at that thought, and didn’t even notice that there was a person in my way until I bumped into her.

“I’m sorry”, I bowed to the person. After looking closely at the person, it took a while for me to realise it was a guy. He had long hair, black clothes, and a cigarette in his hands.

Unconsciously, I took some steps back. I knew the pub behind him, and I also knew where I was at that moment. I cursed myself for not having heard my father’s sermons.

That part of the city was mostly destined to the people opposing the government. It was a place a normal person would not even dare to pass by because it was famous for their daily attacks.

Since he was more concerned with his pockets, I managed to walk slowly and move away from him. When I sighed out of relief, I heard his voice behind me, making me cringe.

“Do you have a lighter?” he asked me.

“Huh?” I slowly turned away and faced him. “I-I d-don’t.”

I still remember how he looked at me. He glanced at me and started laughing non-stop, while I was still freaked out with the thought that he could or kill me in a matter of minutes.

“You’re funny”, he said.

I think the immediate thought that came across my head was if he was in his right mind, or if he was on drugs. But it didn’t seem like so, when he walked towards me and shook my hands.

“Hello, nice to meet you. I’m King.”

I frowned, not even noticing that my hand was still in his. I quickly took it away and turned my back to him. I remembered my siblings and my mother’s faces, I needed to be strong and get home before anything happened. 

I started walking really quickly, yet I was still afraid that he could come behind me. My father had also taught me that the thing we should fear the most was not the noise, but the silence. Luckily, he didn’t follow me and I could reach home safely.

“Where have you been?” my mom scolded me. “We were worried sick about you.”

“I’m sorry”, I said, unpacking. As soon as I had all the ingredients I started cooking.

“Put more oil. More salt as well”, my mom scolded me. I obeyed her, and soon the meal was ready.

My three siblings thanked me for the meal and started eating it happily, while my mother was only frowning at it. “Mom, it’s healthy. Eat it.”, I patiently said.

She shook her head. “Do you think I’ll even touch this thing?”, she pushed the plate to the side and crossed her arms.

“Mom, how can you be strong and healthy if you don’t eat? Didn’t you tell me that your biggest dream was to see your grandchildren?”

I almost smiled seeing the change in my mother’s eyes, but she didn’t back out. “If you keep like this, you’ll marry when you’re forty years old and can’t get pregnant anymore”.

I sighed. My mom was always like this, but I knew it was her sickness talking. When my father died some years before, my mom went through a really strong depression. I was the one who’d do everything at home, and even had to accompany her to the hospital to get medicine. 

But then it turned out to be something worse. I never remembered the exact term, but somehow that depression had affected her brain and body. She was now as useless as a little child, she couldn’t do anything. I knew that it was difficult for her, and that she loved us so much that she didn’t want us to go through it, so I never argued back. And, like that, I became the breadwinner of my family.

 

Greetings, South Korea!

Our dear Prime-Minister wishes you a good morning. May God bless your family and friends. Work hard for your homeland, and fight those who try to break us!

As I always say, if you need to report any anomaly you can come to our institution and report it in person, or call our number, which is printed everywhere in the cities.

With that, I say goodbye to you.

Your always caring Prime-Minister,

Soon Chong Byun

 

My sister turned off the TV before the morning news started. It was useless to watch, as it was useless to watch cartoons as well - every little thing was made to brainwash us citizens.

“Bull, all bull” my sister said, while turning off the TV. All of us froze at her sentence, and hurried to shut her up.

“Are you out of your mind, Se Na?” My mother said, still shocked. My siblings were crying, yet Se Na kept her face blank. I tried not to lose contr

Please log in to read the full chapter