Love

Misconception

He and Yoona sat stunned at the message they had just read on his private phone line.

"Are you going to.... reply?" she asked.

"I have to..."

He had no idea what he would say to that. How did they get his number? How did they know he had gotten custom chopsticks made? Most importantly, how did they know he was dating Yoona? He'd certainly taken care to be more discreet with this relationship than his last one. And he rarely even saw her! The last time he saw Yoona was 2 months ago for a brief time in Japan, and there was no way they'd have been spotted there.

Me: Who is this?

They waited in silence for a response and were surprised with how quickly his message tone went off. TOP didn't even take time to breathe as he powered the screen back on to read.

(Unknown Number): I think you were better off with In Na ㅋㅋ

TOP stood up and began walking slowly away from the couch so that Yoona wouldn't have to be subjected to the messages.

"Seunghyun, what is it? You don't have to hide anything from me."

He ignored her plea and tried texting back almost as quickly as the reply had come in. The rage caused his fingers to tremble and he had to clear a few spelling mistakes before hurriedly pressing the send button.

Me: I don't know who you are, but leave me the hell alone.

Another instant reply.

(Unknown Number): ㅋㅋ wow, such a temper. Is it because you want to go back to making out with that girl? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ If I were you, I'd be nice to me.

He felt like launching the phone at the wall, but he didn't want to scare Yoona. She looked alarmed as it was. He couldn't stay here. If he did, he might've blown up at Yoona. But most of all, he wished to shield her from any pain these ridiculous messages might have caused her. He didn't know how much worse they could get. She had enough to deal with on a daily basis. She didn't need this.

"I'm gonna go..." TOP began reaching for his pair of the couple chopsticks and stuck them into his pocket. He felt dizzy. His temper really was no joke and his anger would manifest itself through physical symptoms.

Yoona almost watched him walk out the door, but as his fingers touched the knob, she immediately shot up from her seat and walked over to where he was. She grabbed onto his hands. They hadn't gotten to spend a great deal of time together, but in that short duration, she felt she knew him enough to know the cause of his distress. She usually let him cool down on his own, but this time, it was necessary to intervene.

"Two months, Seunghyun. I haven't seen you for two months. Do you think that's healthy for a relationship?"

He paused and turned back to face her, still breathing heavily. OF COURSE NOT, YOONA, he felt like yelling. Did she think he wanted to leave her here on such a special day?

"Of course not, Seunghyun. If you want to stay in this relationship with me, I suggest you march right back over to that couch, take a seat, and breathe for a moment."

TOP stared at Yoona with such intensity that she felt he would burn a hole into her soul. But he obeyed. He sat down and hoped for both of their sakes that he was able to calm down. He didn't speak a word.

"You're angry, and I understand that," Yoona began after taking her place next to him. "But you're in a relationship now. It's been a wonderful 6 months by your side, Seunghyun. No arguing. No heavy emotions. The only time we fight is over who has to hang the phone up first. And it's beautiful. But this is not what relationships are all about."

He couldn't bear to look her in the eye at that moment and kept his gaze fixed upon the blank wall on the other side of the room. But he was listening.

Yoona continued. "We aren't perfect people. We get angry and we get scared. We hurt others and feel pain. But that's human nature and we don't have to go through it alone. If you think you're trying to protect me by walking away at a moment like this, think again. Your lack of trust in me hurts more than any random person's hateful words. Seunghyun... it's all or nothing."

He knew she was right. For such a young woman, her words were wise. Other girls would have preferred to have been kept out of the loop concerning anything that involved hurt and suffering. This girl wanted to help him get through it.

"Seunghyun...?"

He leaned forward and wrapped his arms around her torso as tightly as he could and rested his chin upon her shoulder. He broke the hug and softly kissed her on the forehead.

He finally spoke.

"I don't know what's going to happen these next few days and I don't know how we're going to get through this, but all I know is that I want you by my side. If that means having to fill you in on everything that's going on, then that's what I'm going to do."

"Promise."

"Promise what?"

"Let's promise that we're going to make it through together."

"I promise."

He was surprised to find that his head had stopped spinning and his thoughts were clear. All it took to feel more at ease was being near this woman. How foolish of him to think that escaping would solve anything. He playfully placed a hand upon her thigh.

"Now where were we...?"

Yoona placed her hand upon his.

"We were about to eat some delicious ox bone soup!" She stood up and excitedly ran over to the table. Everything was still piping hot and ready to be devoured.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOP angrily launched his phone to the ground. The battery bounced out of it, but it was still perfectly intact. It wouldn't do any good either way, because whoever was on his trail knew every move he was making. The messages hadn't stopped coming. For days he was being informed of his own whereabouts via text. GD glanced up at his fellow member, not surprised at the way he was coping with it. He wanted more than anything to be the supportive friend, but he had gotten caught up in the emotions himself. He had to endure so much since becoming an idol, but it hadn't dawned on him things could get this serious.

"How do you deal with this , Ji?" TOP asked his leader as he sunk down in frustration into the seat next to Big Bang's leader.

"I haven't had to," GD said with a sigh," don't think it has gotten this bad for us until our last promotion. But even I haven't gotten any messages like that."

"So what if I get a new phone line..."

"They probably have someone working at the phone company."

"What if I switch companies?"

"It's still just a matter of time... Seoul is a really small city."

"Dammit!"

TOP tossed the nearest magazine on the floor and brought his hand to his head. He was beginning to feel a massive headache coming on.

"Don't take it out on the room, man. We have to figure something out." GD patted TOP on the back, not really knowing what kind of advice to offer him. He'd probably be just as pissed, if not more so. It was worse considering that TOP was the most private of the 5, and they were shocked that these people were able to get access to so much of his confidential information. The only chance they had to get this to go away was to figure out if the alleged stalker was just a crazed fan, or someone who had a deeper purpose.

Suddenly, Jiyong's message tone went off and TOP immediately became tense.

"I think it's just Seungri, calm down man," Jiyong said, laughing at his friend's nerves. That was, until he opened the message up to read it.

(Unknown Number): Oh, how annoying. TOP's phone is off. Now I have to be bothered with texting Jiyong. ㅋㅋㅋ

TOP snatched the phone up after noting GD's shocked expression.

Me: Don't text this number.

The phone began to ring and the caller ID showed that it was an anonymous number. TOP had no choice but to answer it. He was fed up and ready to find out who this was.

"HELLO?!" TOP nearly screamed into the receiver.

"TOP... is it.. r-r-really you?"

The voice sounded as if it belonged to a teenaged girl. It was soft and timid and didn't seem at all as if it matched the tone of the text messages.

"No, it's the President of South Korea. You've been stalking me day in and day out, you know who the hell this is."

"Don't... be mad..."

The voice was quivering with fear. How could the person be so brave over text but then call him sounding as if they were having a nervous breakdown?

TOP tried using some of the breathing techniques Yoona had taught him earlier that week before he responded. The young voice beat him to it.

"I want to see you."

"Excuse me?"

"If you want the messages to stop... you'll see me."

"You crazy little..."

"B-b-bad.. things will happen... if you don't see me."

Bad things. What did this person have up their sleeve?

"Let's do this right now then. If you want to see me, then fine. I want to get rid of you as soon as I can."

Jiyong's eyes became wide and he began shaking his head to show his fervent disapproval. TOP ignored.

"I'll text you the meeting place right now," she responded. Click.

TOP held on to Jiyong's phone as he waited for the message to come in. Jiyong tried to get his phone back but TOP evaded him.

"You're crazy, TOP. You can't go out meeting random nutcases like this. Be a little patient."

Silence. The message tone went off.

(Unknown Number): Romantic Street Cafe parking lot. Come alone.

"Where'd she say?"

TOP made sure to erase the message before handing the phone back to GD. He grabbed his jacket and keys. He'd have to deal with a crowd outside of the YG building, but that wasn't stopping him today.

"Atleast let me go with you."

"I'll see you later, Ji."

"TOP!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He finally reached the destination and any fear and nerves he felt earlier had vanished on the way there. All he wanted was to find out who the girl behind the messages was and make sure he put a stop to it. He parked his car further away than all of the others, turned it off, and waited. He didn't have to wait for long. He felt a soft knock at his passenger's side window and looked up to find a young girl. He hesitated before pressing the power lock button that would allow her to enter the vehicle. But what choice did he have?

The girl opened the door, sat inside, and shut the door softly. Her hands quickly went down by her sides and she gripped the edge of the seat. She looked down towards her lap and would not even glance toward him. TOP looked over at her, shocked to see this face that looked as if it belonged to a child. She couldn't have been older than 16. She was still wearing a school uniform. Her dark hair was cut short and framed her round face and cute features. She seemed like your average pretty high school student, someone who couldn't hurt a fly, but her eyes told a different story. She looked like someone who had experienced plenty of emotional pain. TOP's expression softened after the initial silence.

"Do you want an autograph? A picture? You know you could've just been nice about it."

The girl did not flinch and remained completely silent.

"Before I give you anything," he continued,"I'm going to need you to tell me how you got ahold of my private information and I need you to promise that you'll leave me alone from now on."

Her legs shifted a bit but the rest of her remained still. TOP was quickly beginning to lose his patience.

"Say something, dammit!"

She finally reacted and slowly looked over at him. At first her eyes were not focused on anything in particular but she raised them towards his. She could only hold the gaze for a few seconds before lowering it again.

"Yoona."

She spoke the name quickly and her voice was shaken. She knew this was all it would take for TOP to go mad. And she was scared. The man tried to control his emotions but it was no use. She could see right through him.

"How do you know about us?"

"You're too obvious."

"That's a lie."

"I don't like it."

"Don't like what?"

"You and that girl."

One hand gripped the wheel and it was starting to go pale from how hard he squeezed. He couldn't let his anger get to him before he had all the details. He breathed in and out slowly, the way Yoona had taught him.

"You... I know you're my fan ok. At least I think you're my fan. If you really cared about me, you would see that I'm happy. Let alone the fact that this is absolutely none of your business."

"If you leave her, I'll stop."

TOP scoffed at her nerve. "I know you're young, but you're a high school student. You can't possibly be this naive. When I'm on stage, I belong to the public. But if you claim to know one thing about me, you'll know that I don't let anyone tell me what to do with my private affairs."

"I know. Which is why I didn't come empty handed."

He suddenly tensed up. He had underestimated her. He didn't think a so-called fan would resort to blackmail. He couldn't even imagine what type of evidence she had against him.

The girl reached over into the messenger bag that was hanging off of her right shoulder. Her hands were trembling. She pulled out a silver tablet and  went into her photo application. She turned the tablet towards him and a selca that he and Yoona had taken in Japan was displayed on the screen. She held it up to him and silence and let it sink in before she continued. She took a deep breath.

"That.... that's not all."

She swiped at the screen and a video began to play. CCTV footage from TOP's visit to SNSD's dressing room just a few days prior. He couldn't believe his eyes as he watched himself on screen passionately kissing Yoona who was straddled on his lap. If this got out... there would be hell to pay.

He reached over and tugged on the tablet and was surprised when she simply let it go. It was at that moment when he felt devastated.

"You have this saved, elsewhere don't you?"

She kept her eyes on the tablet. "Of course I do."

He felt like punching through the thick, glass window or breaking the steering wheel off but he was smart enough to know that none of that would help him in this situation. He used every ounce of self-control he could manage to keep the conversation going.

"What exactly do you want?"

"I want you to break up with Yoona. Give her any excuse you want, but you can't tell her about this."

"What? No."

"No?" she asked him. "Hmm I wonder how much Dewsen would pay for the photo. The video has to be worth a fortune.."

As confident as she tried to come across, she was no match for TOP, who could be extremely perceptive when he truly paid attention to people. He fixed his gaze on her. He had been told that all it took was a look from his eyes to keep someone completely silent and under control. He could be intimidating when he wanted to be.

"W-w-why aren't you giving an answer?" she asked meekly.

"Your words are strong but I can sense your weakness. Are you really that against my relationship that you'd go this far to break us apart?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

She had to convince him. It was now or never. She was going to do whatever it took, even if it hurt her more than it hurt her idol. She turned to face him and returned the gaze, not backing down.

"We all hate her, oppa! Everyone knows the girls of SNSD are fake. You think all this time you've been apart from each other she's been faithful to you? If you only knew the things we hear from Lee Min Ho fans. I won't stand for it. I'll do anything to end this stupid relationship."

TOP laughed. "Nice try."

"I'm not joking!" She was becoming frustrated quickly. She pulled out her phone. "I have a reporter on speed dial and I can end your careers quicker than Yoona makes another move on Lee Min Ho."

Nothing she had said really affected him until he heard her speak the word "careers". Plural. While he wasn't fully convinced by her reasoning, he was horrified by the idea that Yoona's years of hard work could all go down the drain because of something he had caused.

"Put the damn phone away."

A small smile crept on her face as she slipped her phone back into her pocket.

"When do I have to give you an answer by?" he asked her.

"As soon as possible. I would say a few days at most."

"Get the hell out of my car."

The girl gave him a small bow and then looked out the window to make sure the coast was clear. She opened the door and walked away without looking back. She walked about a block, trying to hold her composure as she waited until she spotted his car zooming by. As soon as she realized he was gone she immediately stopped walking. Her legs felt too weak to carry her any further. She threw her bag down on the pavement and collapsed onto the wall. She slid down to the ground and buried her face into her hands. And she cried. People walked past and gave her strange looks, but she didn't pay them any mind. All she knew was that she had just harmed someone she loved and admired, and she had no other way out of it. As she remembered the final look of hurt and disgust that TOP had thrown her way, she sobbed even harder. She took out a card from her pocket.

"Official VIP Club Member"

She ripped the card to shreds and let the wind carry the small pieces far away from her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was nervous. She had never played a lead role before and she was sure she wanted this more than any of the other actresses that had showed up for the auditions. She would have usually been chatting her competition up in order to rid herself of the nerves, but she couldn't even manage to do that today. She sat in silence and played around with some of the apps on her phone.

"Moon Geun Young!"

The young starlet next to her got up from her seat and followed the staffer into the audition room. The girl was more famous than her. And more than a few years younger.

No, In Na. You shouldn't let this deter you. Keep your eyes on the prize.

She took a deep breath and continued to pretend as if she was busy on her phone. If she overthought the part too much, she knew she wouldn't do well. That's just how it had always been for her. All of a sudden she heard footsteps enter the room, but she decided to keep looking down at her phone.

"See, not a bad turn out."

"Oh no, not at all."

The second voice sounded too familiar. A male voice. She instantly recognized it but couldn't figure out whose it was.

Oh, .

She pulled the edge of her cap down lower, hoping the cap/glasses combination would be enough to keep her undercover. But it was too late.

"Yoo In Na? Haha, wow, how long has it been? At least a month?"

She hesitated before looking up to find Lee Min Ho standing right in front of her with that stupid smirk on his face. Ever since TOP had left her and Yoona had left him, he had been unbearable to work with. She was glad when all the promotions were finally over. And now here he was again. She bowed her head slightly.

"Nice to see you again," she said, lying through her teeth.

"And you're here for...?"

Oh nothing , just thought I'd come by for a visit.

"Auditioning for a role."

"The role of...?"

Coming from anyone else, this was a normal question, but she found herself quickly getting irritated. .

"The lead," she snapped quickly, trying to hold on to that last bit of patience she had left.

"Oh?" Lee Min Ho acted surprised and then he chuckled, "Well good luck. It will definitely be a challenging role if you were to get the part."

And he simply walked away after having the last word. In Na was fuming.

"Yoo In Na!"

20 minutes had passed and she was finally called into the audition room. She took a seat as the casting director and writers began to ask her questions. Just as she was about to read through some of the lines, the door opened and Lee Min Ho walked in to take a seat beside one of the writers.

"Umm...."

"Ah," the casting director noted In Na's confused expression, "we hope you don't mind the lead actor sitting in on the audition. We wanted his opinion since we only invited our top choices to audition. We needed help narrowing it down."

"Not at all..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOP practiced his usual stress relieving techniques. He needed to stay calm if he was going to make this call. He sat in his empty condo and stared down at the cell phone on his lap. This was something he hated, but if he wanted to protect many people around him, he would have to. There were careers on the line.

"Hello?" she answered quietly. She usually would've put more aegyo into her greeting, but now that she knew his phone was being tracked, she didn't want to take any chances.

"How are you doing?"

"Fine..."

"Fine? That's good." His attempt to stall the conversation only made it that much more awkward.

"Did you... find anything out?"

"Did I...? No. I don't know yet."

"That's unfortunate."

"Yeah... umm.. Yoona, I want to tell you something."

"Yes?"

"I...."

He flashed back to their last date. He promised they'd get through it together. But he didn't have a choice. It'd only be for a little while.

"I think we should break up."

Silence.

"Ok."

Wait.... ok? That was definitely not the response he was expecting. She didn't sound distressed in any way. She simply accepted it. It didn't feel good.

"Just... ok?"

She sighed loudly. "Things have been getting out of hand lately. Not only do you have a stalker, but our schedules never coincide..."

"And you didn't know that going in?"

"Yeah but..."

As much as he tried to fight it, an angry tear sprang to his eye and he tried to choke the rest of them down.

"You're telling me all that time we spent wanting each other ends up resulting in a 6 month fling?"

"You're breaking up with me, Seunghyun! Why are you backtracking now?"

"I don't know I'm expecting a HUMAN reaction!"

"Well who breaks up with someone they so fervently declared their love for just a week prior?"

"Probably someone who has fallen out of love!"

Lies. All of it. And what's worse was that his motives had shifted. He had made the call in order to protect her and now he was deliberately trying to cause her pain. He was such an emotional creature.

"Fallen out of love. Ok, Seunghyun. I see how it is."

"Yoona..."

"You can probably get rid of that third phone line. Unless you'll be using it for someone else." The call ended there.

He got up from his couch and ran into the washroom. He began throwing cold water on his face. When he looked at the mirror, he could fool himself into believing every drop rolling down his cheeks had come from his sink. But he couldn't deny it any longer when he watched his face crinkle as he broke down. Soft sobs. He was ashamed of crying this way. When was the last time he'd actually cried for a woman? Back in his debut days perhaps.

"Ahhh what the !"

His emotions were at the complete mercy of another human being. He was not ok.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: So all of you that asked for that extension... I hope you can handle the angst that comes with it! :-P

The photo is of A. Pink's Namjoo btw. I think she's the cutest so I randomly chose her to visually represent Hye Jung's character.

By the way, thank you to everyone who upvoted my fic. It is really an honor :-)