Can't Ignore You Any Longer

Misconception

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before taking his first steps into the studio to pick up his girlfriend. He had a feeling as to why she was so insistent on making him go inside and meet the crew, and if he wanted to save this relationship, he had to give in to her demands. His suspicions were immediately confirmed as he spotted the girl with the alligator laugh standing in front of In Na, head flying back without a care.

As he slowly approached the group of co-stars, In Na grabbed his hand.

"Stop being shy! Guys, I'm sure you are familiar with him, but this is Big Bang's TOP."

The laughter disappeared from her face and it seemed a look of disgust had taken its place. Everyone greeted each other, but it was clear the only person ecstatic to see him was his girlfriend.

"Oh TOP! Nice to see you again!" Min Ho flashed that seemingly fake smile that made TOP's blood boil. In Na quickly shot a glance at her co-star and he knew it was best to stay silent. The Director approached the group just in time to alleviate the tension.

"Ah TOP! It's nice to finally meet such a big star!"

TOP caught the little girl making a face from the corner of his eye but remained in control and greeted the director warmly.

"Ah well, we've got a little group together here. Are you guys hungry?" the director asked.

While TOP, In Na and Lee Min Ho began to squirm as they thought of excuses, Yoona's stomach growled like a wild animal. Everyone turned to her in shock. TOP eyed her curiously, knowing that she was trying to cover for her image after the Strong Heart incident.

"I'm sure we all are."

"Well then, let's have a little outing with the crew! TOP, you are welcome to come along."

TOP smiled and nodded but his stomach began to turn at the thought of having to sit through dinner with his girlfriend and the woman she was jealous of.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reluctant group arrived to a traditional Korean BBQ restaurant near the studio. Yoona awkwardly held the menu over her face trying to get ahold of herself and to hide her troubled expression.

"Yoona!" In Na was seated across from her co-star and pulled the menu down towards the table. Yoona's face instantly lit up with a smile.

"In Na-ssi!"

"In Na-ssi? Oh, Yoona! I thought we were closer than that! Please call me unnie!"

Yoona giggled, not letting her slight frustration with the lie show. "So sorry. Unnie, is there anything you need?"

"I was just really curious as to what you were going to order. You know, being the ambassador of nutrition and all and us being at a BBQ restaurant."

Oh, great. She was hungry enough to devour a horse, but now was she was being expected to uphold her healthy image.

"Unnie, I think I'm just going to stick to the bibimbap." Yoona closed her menu and placed it in the center of the table.

"Yoona, I admire you so much. I don't know how you are able to come to a restaurant that is so famous for its juicy and flavorful meat and still order a vegetarian dish."

The waitress showed up just in time to diffuse the situation... that is until In Na decided to order for the rest of the table.

"I've been here before and trust me, I know what to order." The rest of the table nodded in agreement. She ordered one bibimbap for Yoona and the rest of the orders were succulent, meaty and fatty dishes that were surely overflowing with calories. After each dish was named, a pool of saliva would form in Yoona's mouth. She had to continuously swallow in order to keep herself from drooling.

"I'll have the bibimbap as well." TOP wasn't sure what had posessed him to say such a thing. He wasn't exactly a meat lover, but had nothing against it, especially at a Korean BBQ restaurant. But something about the tortured look in Yoona's eye every time a meaty dish was named made him feel guilty about enjoying it without her.

His girlfriend looked startled, but quickly covered it up. "Ah yes, and another bibimbap for TOP and I. We'd like to share it as a side dish."

"Then make it 2 more, please. I want one for myself."

In Na glared at TOP as if he had just ordered a side of human baby meat.

Min Ho was not to be outdone. "I will also have a bibimbap for myself. I'm actually trying to watch my weight during the filming."

Yoona looked down at the table and smiled to herself. TOP was instantly annoyed at how it only made her happy when that loser ordered the vegetarian dish and she hadn't noticed his OWN sacrifice, which was obviously more important.

After the orders were taken care of, the director ordered a round of drinks for everyone at the table.

"Everyone, I'd like to toast to a wonderful day of filming with a wonderful cast and crew! Here's to our success during the drama premiere!"

While the rest of the crew slowly sipped their beers, Yoona downed hers almost instantly. She needed it if she was going to have to sit across from the love birds.

"Yoona!" In Na pointed her finger towards Yoona's silk blouse. "You spilled some on to your shirt."

What she really wanted to say was Thanks for pointing that out, . But she remained cordial. "Oh, yes I must've drank a bit too quickly." Min Ho lunged for the nearest napkin and almost began rubbing Yoona's shirt, until he realized it didn't look very appropriate. He smiled as he handed her the napkin.

"That's a very lovely blouse, Yoona. What brand is it?" Lee Min Ho smiled, pleased at himself for showing interest. What he didn't know was that Yoona was different from other celebrities who loved to talk fashion. Yuri had picked out the entire outfit, and she couldn't tell this shirt from something in a thrift shop bin. Surely it was designer, right?

"Well... ummm... this shirt ... it's..." Yoona stuttered and became quiet. She couldn't even make something up. Her mind always went completely blank when it came to fashion.

"Marc Jacobs, Spring Line," TOP announced.

"TOP! You are so knowledgeable about fashion!" exclaimed a female producer at the table, "That is amazing!"

"What's even more amazing is that he knew more about Yoona's shirt than she did!" In Na giggled as she said it.

"I was invited to his show while I was in New York. The color stood out to me. So, it was easier to remember."

"Yes, and I have so many blouses that look like this, sometimes I get them confused. I didn't want to give everyone the wrong information." Yoona smiled as she filled In Na's half-empty glass for her. "Unnie, let's keep drinking, yeah?" She glanced over at TOP and their eyes met for just a second, but he quickly looked away before she was able to mouth her thank you.

The hours went by and glasses were filled and re-filled. The crew began to clear out and soon the only ones left were the 2 awkward "couples" and the Director of North Star. Lee Min Ho decided to make his move.

"Yoona-ssi. I think I'm going to head home. You look like you might need a ride..."

"No THANKS!!!" Yoona began to giggle uncontrollably. Her cheeks were burning red. 

"No ...thanks?" Min Ho was clearly not prepared for this type of public humiliation.

"I want to stay and finish drinking with the Director!!" she raised her glass in his direction.

In Na rolled her eyes. "Well, TOP and I are gonna get going as well.."

The Director held on to TOP's shoulder firmly. "In Na-ssi! Are you really going to take TOP away so early? We have some business to talk over!"

"Business?" In Na's eyes suddenly lit up. For her, it 0could only mean a possible drama or movie role for TOP. She decided to let it slide today,"Well, then, I'll see you tomorrow, Director." Min Ho decided to give up today as well. He couldn't afford another rejection and walked out with In Na.

TOP had not drank as much as his final 2 companions. His eyes also widened at the mention of talking "business" with the Director.

"Business.."

The Director slapped TOP on the back with force. "Oh TOP! I was just trying to get her out of our hair! We're having fun here, aren't we?"

Yoona slammed her palm onto the table and laughed loudly at TOP's expense.

"Ah, Director!!!!"

"Yoona-ssi!! Did you see his face?"

"Yes... Yes I did!!!"

TOP was losing his cool. He began to do a search on his phone for a number to a taxi that could take these two bumbling idiots home as quickly as possible. Suddenly, one of his problems was taken care of immediately. The Director's phone began to ring loudly.

"HELLO?? Yeobo!! Yes, I am here drinking with SNSD's Yoona and Big Bang's TOP! Would you believe that, Yeobo?? This old man drinking with idols!" The director had to pull the phone away from his ear slightly. "Arasseo! Don't be angry at me, Yeobo. I promise I'll be home soon."

He turned to face the two idols. "Seems like my wife just got off the phone with one of our producers not too long ago. There's a cab waiting outside for me!"

"Uh... excuse me... Director-SSI!!" Yoona could barely string sentences together, but was fully aware of the type of situation she'd be in if she didn't leave at this instant. "Let me ride with you, yeah?"

"No no no, Yoona! You have fun here with this young man. You guys are young, you shouldn't have to go home at the same time as an old-timer like me!"

"Director-SSI!!!"

Before Yoona could even put her drink down, the man was out the door. She looked straight ahead to find herself looking into the eyes of her mortal enemy. TOP was staring her down without saying a word. That stare. It was something she couldn't escape no matter how hard she tried to play it off.

"y-y-you!" was all she could manage to stutter out.

"You? I don't know you like that. Why are you talking banmal to me?"

"Look here, boy! I don't have time to argue with you! I'm going home!!"

Yoona did her best to stay balanced as she stood up and began stumbling towards the door. She walked outside and began heading towards whatever direction she could. Anything to get away from the man inside of the restaurant. She lost her balance and tripped on a crack in the sidewalk and was prepared for a violent landing, until she felt herself get caught in someone's arms. She looked up to find that piercing stare. She slowly took in his scent. Her senses had been numbed by the alcohol, but she could still smell his cologne. She instantly felt at home in those arms. She quickly tried to knock herself out of it and pushed his arms away.

"I can take care of myself!"

"You obviously can't. I was right. You're a total mess."

"What do you know? You don't know anything about me!"

"I haven't been impressed by anything I've seen so far." TOP put on a satisfied smirk.

Yoona began to breathe in slowly. If this had been a sober conversation, she could have easily jabbed him right back. But the alcohol brought out feelings that she may have never shown this man otherwise.

"Why do you keep following me?"

"Excuse me? Me? Following you? Are you serious?"

"Would you stop being so self-centered for one second and let someone finish their thoughts for a change!" Yoona yelled out. TOP understood and softened his gaze, ready for her to continue.

"Why are you everywhere? Why is it that I've never interacted with you before, but since that day we were formally introduced, you keep popping up in my life? I can't ... I can't handle it. I need to know why this is happening."

TOP stayed silent, waiting to hear out whatever else she had to say.

"Why were you at my concert? I know I'm not imagining things. You went to see me perform. I didn't tell you to go. Why?"

TOP slowly thought over what he would say. He honestly didn't know.  "I... just didn't have anything planned for that day."

"So you say you're not impressed with me. So, what? Did you go just to confirm everything that's said about me by Netizens?"

TOP furrowed his brows in confusion. SNSD were the media darlings in his eyes. Everyone bowed down to them. "I don't understand."

Yoona laughed awkwardly. "What is it you weren't impressed with? My singing? My dancing? My body? This is one of your only chances, Seunghyun. I don't like to read negative comments everyday. This is your chance to tell me straight up."

"Yoona, I don't know what you're talking about."

"I have worked hard. For years. I pour my soul into my career. I used to be able to take the criticism in stride. But reading those comments just makes me think that I've brought shame onto my family. My family that has been broken apart only to see the daughter they sacrificed it all for become a laughingstock."

Tears were streaming down Im Yoona's face and TOP continued to listen. He cleared his throat as his eyes began to moisten.

"And now that it's someone like you... I can't ignore it any longer. Someone that I admire and am drawn to for some strange reason. I can't ignore it any longer..." Yoona sank down to the ground, sobbing into her palms. She was a strong woman who seemed to have finally broken down after years of blocking everything out.

TOP didn't care that he was wearing couture. He sank down in the middle of the sidewalk next to Yoona and wrapped his arms around her. He began to cry silent tears for her. They sat together that way for a few minutes. Suddenly she pulled away from his embrace.

"I'm sorry."

"For what? You have nothing to be sorry for, Yoona."

"I do. For this."

Yoona placed her hand on his cheek and slowly brought his face towards her and began gently kissing his closed lips. TOP froze in complete shock, but after realizing that the girl was not going to stop, he let himself get carried away and kissed her back, more tenderly than he had kissed anyone in years. He gently on her lower lip and then began kissing her deeper, not even stopping to think about where he was. He caressed her face with his hands and wondered what it was about this girl that drove him to this point.