Bran New Start

Teardrops On My Guitar

 

Chapter 3- Bran New Start

YEONJUNG'S POV:

I woke up as the sun hit my face. I smiled at the fresh start of the day. Today will be a big bran new start. A new start of a decent Yeonjung, not a pathetic one. I went to the bathroom and cleanse myself. I wore my uniform since today is our graduation. "Aaah~~" I yelled. The next school year, I'm a highschooler. Nah~ Everything is new- new faces, places and everything. I was bombarded with my thoughts when suddenly mom yelled, "Yeaonjung-ah! Come downstairs and let's eat. You'll be late." I yelled back, "Nae, umma." I headed downstairs just to be greeted of my parents. I ran to them and kissed them on the cheeks. "Appa!!! You came." They both chuckled at me. "Aigoo, our daughter is so pretty." My mom commented. "Yeah! And I won't miss our little baby's special occasion." 

As we reached the school, a voice called me. "Yeonjung-ah!" I looked back and saw my friends. I excused myself to my parents and pointed the direction where they can sit and wait for me. "Omo, so pretty!" Sharien, one of my friends, told me. I smiled and nodded as my answer. "Aren't you happy?" Mitch, my dongsaeng, asked and pouted. I pinched her cheeks and smiled. "Aigoo, I'm happy yet sad because we're not going to see anymore." A tear fell on my face. Sharien cupped my cheeks and wiped away my tears. "Don't cry? And who said so?" I shook my head; not knowing the answer. "You know unnie, even if we're miles apart, you'll always be in our hearts so we're always together in here." As she points at my chest. I nodded and smile. "You're really incredible, Mitch." We laughed and went to our parents. 

 

The graduation ends fun yet sad. My friends and I decided to have a last bond time. We went to a restaurant with our parents. Our parents are also close like us. We sat beside the big window and get our orders. Laughters are heard. We told our stories and experiences through the whole middle school years. Until we ended up having a conversation what school we're going to for highschool. Both of them decided to take highschool at the same school. My thought was cut off when Sharien unni's parents asked me, "Yeonjung-ah, how about you? Stick together as one forever?" They all looked into me, anticipating to my answer. "I... I... I still don't know." I said. I can't disappoint them in the times like this. Every moment we have spend, it's impossible to forget and it has no end. But trully, I decided to take my highschool years at Seoul. I want to leave Busan first to make up my mind and make a fresh start. If I'm going to stay here, nothing will happen to me and just remember him and be pathetic. After we finished eating, we bade goodbyes. "Let's stay in contact, guys." Sharien unnie shouted. "Yeah!" we both shouted back. 

The whole ride was just an awkward silence. As we reached home, my parents approached me to have a talk. We sit on the couch. "Yeonjung-ah, why you didn't answer earlier? Don't you want to be with them?" Appa asked me. I looked into them sadly. "Appa... I want to... but I want to study at Seoul." Their face fell as I said Seoul. "Why?" Mom asked. "Mom, I want to have a fresh start. If I stay here, all his memories with me always lingers in my mind and I don't want to stay like that. I want to forget him. I really want. It really hurts me waiting for him for past 6 years of nothing. " I said as I broke into tears. My mom hugged me while appa pats my back. "Go to your room now and rest. Let's talk tomorrow." Appa told me. I went to my room and rest.

AUTHOR'S POV:

Little did Yeonjung know, her parents talked about what she just said. Then they decided to let her if that's what makes her forget her bitter past and lived happily. They also search for some school with dormitories and she can be safe. They ended up with Woolim High. They decided to enroll her tomorrow there if she will agree.