The day he said goodbye

Teardrops On My Guitar

 

Chapter 1- The day he said goodbye

YEONJUNG'S POV:

I'm sitting at my usual sit, waiting for the class to start while listening to my Ipod. As I stare outside, thinking of the memories he share with me that still lingers in my mind even I'm trying to forget him. I remember how I became so pathetic after he left me even I said to him I'll be okay. So funny me.

[When they're still 7-8 year old]

"Byunghun, come here!" a sweet voice echoed to the room. Byunghun ran and sat beside her mom- the one who has the sweet voice. "Wae, umma?" He asked as he looked straight into his mom's eyes. Her mom sadly asked, "Do you miss appa?" He slyly nodded. "Appa.. Appa called umma and... he ask if we can help him at the company and... he wants to see us so,... we will go and live at America." Byunghun's face fell and he shook his head. "Andwae!... Andwae! ANDWAE!!!" He shouted as he rise. He pushed his mom outside of his room. "No! I'm going to stay here." His mom couldn't do anything so she just let him be alone first. 

Meanwhile...

"Umma, I'm going to Oppa's house." a kid voice yelled. "Ne! Be careful and don't go too far!" her mother yelled back. She ran outside the neighborhood and went to her Oppa's house. As she reached the place she saw his Oppa's umma watering the plants outside. She ran towards to the woman. "Omma! Annyeong!" she greeted happily. Byunghun's mom looked around and saw her. "Oh! Yeonjung-ah! Your oppa is inside his room." She nodded and went to her oppa's room. She knocked at the door. "Oppa!" But no one answer so she knocked again. "Oppa!" Still there's no answer so she opened the door just to see Byunghun sleeping peacefully because he cried that she doesn't know. She walked towards him and lie down beside him. She poked his cheeks and soflty, "Oppa!" Her oppa slowly opened his eyes and saw her. She hugged him and chuckled. "Oppa!" Byunghun hugged her back and chuckled because of being so childish. "Yeonjung-ah, What are you doing here?" Byunghun  asked. She pouted. "Oppa did you forgot? You said we will play." Byunghun pinched her cheeks. "Aigoo! My little baby." She blushed as she hid her face at the pillow. While Byunghun chuckled seeing her blushing face. "Kaja!" They went outside and play.

They reached the playground. Yeonjung jumped happily and ran to the swing while Byunghun pushed her swing. When they got tired playing, they sat under a big oak tree. Byunghun reached for her right hand and hold it. Yeonjung looked at him confused. "Yeonjung-ah! You know oppa loves you, right?," she nodded. "You know that you'll be the only girl I love and I'll marry when we get older right? She nodded once again. "Waeyo oppa?" She worrily aware of the situation. Byunghoon shook his head. "Nothing! Just... Just always remember, no matter what happens, oppa loves you." Byunghun leaned in and pecked her cheeks. "Okay. I already know that." They laughed. "Kaja! Let's play again?" She nodded and they got up. As they about to walk, they heard someone shout, "Byunghun, go home now and pack your things. We will leave later at night." It's Byunghun's mom. "Yeah, mom." Byunghun shouted back. Yeonjung looked at him confused. "Oppa, you're leaving? tonight? Where?" Byunghun looked down. "Mianhae, Yeonjung-ah! I'm going to America. A far far place. Because... appa wants us to live there." She was shocked. She cupped his face and made him looked at her. "Oppa, it's a good news. You'll see your appa again. Why are you sad?" She said holding back her tears. "Because oppa won't see his wife anymore." She chuckled and hit his oppa's chest. "Oppa! We're still going to see each other. Remember, you said you'll marry me. So we will see each other again. Go ahead now and pack your things. Bye!" She said as she pushed Byunghun to go home. "Okay. I'll promise I'll come back. Bye Yeonjung-ah! Oppa loves you." he shouted as he ran towards home. Tears started to roll down on her face as Byunghun's sight slowly dissappear. When Byunghun's now out of sight, she broke into tears and her knees weakened.

Suddenly, the rain poured down. She ran towards home and went straight to her room. Her mother saw her and let her be alone as she knew that Byunghun's family will be leaving and it hurts Yeonjung so much. 

It's been 6 years since he left me. 6 years of pain and hurt waiting for him. Yet I still wonder if he will really come back. My mind was telling me, that he'll never come back because if he will, he should visit me even once on those past 6 years yet my heart was telling me, that he'll come back because he promised me and he loves me.

AUTHOR POV:

A tear fell on Yeonjung's face. She shook her head. *No! I shouldn't cry. It's not worth my tears. I need to be strong.* She thought. As her classmates slowly arrived and the class starts.

Yeonjung has always been with Byunghun as long as their still kids. Playing by the park during summer and having hot chocolate while playing instruments together in the winter. When they're about 7-8 years old, Byunghun's family decided to live at the States for a better life. So it was really hard for her to move especially when someone was with you for your life.