2.

broken pieces

[FLASHBACK]

Typical of him. It was just another day he would forget that he was supposed to meet up with her. She closed her eyes trying so hard to control the anger that she wanted to let it out.

She heard footsteps. She doesn't have to turn around to look who it was. She can just hear his heavy breathing, sounded like he was rushing to get here on time, She can also smell that scent. His scent that she  have always love. He always smells good, that's one of the things that she  like about him.

"Sorry, I'm late. Yoona was - .." He stopped.

"You were with Yoona?" She tried to ask as calm as possible.

"She got picked up late, and I just had to accompany her until she got picked up. I lost track of time, I'm sorry.." He explained.

"Oh, sure, accompanying her. God, Ji. I hate you." She felt the anger rage within her, and she just couldn't stop it from bursting out. "I hate you for accompanying her. I hate that you can lose track of time with her but not with me. You were never late for anything except for greeting me on my birthdays, buy me a birthday present or show up for our dates. Is it really that hard to give a little of your time for me?"

"Dara, calm down. It was nothing. We were just talking,"

She looked up into his eyes, her eyes blurring with furious tears. "I hate you."

"No you don't," he whispered. Then he put his mouth over hers and she was lost. She kissed him back. but when realization hit her, she yanked away from his. "Did you kiss Yoona like that? Did you kiss her like she was the only woman in the world and you couldn't live without her. Oh god! why am I so stupid" 

There was a moment of silence.

"... I don't want you anymore. I don't want to be the second choice, second best, second whatever. I don't want to be the one who trails after you like some stupid lost puppy dog. I don't want to be the one you got stuck with. She's right there infront of you, Jiyong. Get her, kiss her, make love to her, propose to her, marry her- and.. see if I care."
 

At that being said, she walked away. She didn't mean it. She will never mean it. She didn't want to let go of him just yet. Not now. She's not ready. She knew she had to stop being selfish. Relationships doesn't work that way. Relationship doesn't work with only one person fighting for it.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

Sometimes I wish I could replay my life without me knowing who you are. I wish could turn 10 years ago, and never met you before. That way.. that way.. I wouldn't have to fall in love with a guy who will never love me back.

How I wish I could forget all those memories I shared with him,  the times I spent with him, the tears, the laugthers.. How I wish it never happened before. but on the other side, I have never wanted to regret loving him. I have loved the same guy for 10 years. The guy who looks great with a faded blue jeans with only a simple t-rt. I love that guy who smiles at me even when I know he can never love me the way I love him.

I stepped out of the house - my old house, looking at the magnificient view of the sea. This is one of the things why I had loved the old house. It has a magnificient view, and more importantly it has full of memories. Memories of him. Memories of my childhood. Memories that I never wanted to forget.

I can still smell the fresh grass, can still hear the familiar sound of the booming waves hitting the rock, the chipping sound of the birds. I stayed there, rooted on my spot closing my eyes againts the view, steeling my heart against the memories, the hurt that went right down to my bones whenever I thought about Jiyong.

Closing my eyes tightly again as the memories flashed into my mind. It was just too much for me to rewind all the memories. 'No. Memories, go away..' I mummbled to no one.

I was too occupied that I didn't realize I was being watched by a pair of eyes. It was then I heard a voice - his voice. I snapped open my eyes almost gasped in surprise. The latter looked as surprised as she was.

"D-Dara?" Oh god, My toes curled into my shoes. How long had it been since I last heard his voice? How long had it been since I last saw his oh-so-gorgeous eyes? Am I just simply imagining it now? Taken back to the past by a memory?

It was then I heard another sound came out from his mouth that I realize I wasn't actually dreamimg or imagining him right now. "Dara-ah.." he whispered, sending shivers down my body as I stayed there, without a word...