1.

broken pieces

Love is unpredictable. We don't know when it would strike, where it would strike and whom it will strike. One day we will wake up and found ourselves looking at someone and imagining the "what ifs": what if we will be having a relationship? What if he will smile at me? What if he accidentally bumps on me? Strange ideas do come in mind.

That's what happened to me.

Kwon Jiyong.  Though, he accepted my heart. Though, he used to be mine, but I could never have his heart - not even half of it. As ridiculous as It sounds, it's true. Yes, we were together. But it felt like It was only me who fought our relatioship.

His heart belongs to one, and

Its Im Yoona. Not Sandara Park, not Dara Park. but Im Yoona.

-

The wind whispered lonely sounds as it blew through the old creaky windows. The leaves raced to the ground as the children ran across the playground. She looked around the house. It looks exactly how it used to be 3 years ago, except for the fact that its empty now. The house only reminded her of the bittersweet memories. She sighed, didn't even know why she was sighing for.

It was her choice to come back. Now, regrets slowly creeped into her body. She wouldn't have comeback. It hurts too much. It was too much to bear.

She ran to the tree and searched the trunk at the backyard. It didn't take long for her to find what she was looking for. Jiyong and Dara, True love always. Time and weather had faded the words, but they were still there. Just like how she still feels about him. Tears came to her eyes as she traced the words lovingly with her fingers.

It was her who wrote the words. It was her. It was 4 years ago. Jiyong seated while reading his book, and she was busily writing their names on that tree. She was happy. Happy - because she had thought that Jiyong has finally opened his heart to her. but apparently, she was wrong.

She was wrong and stupid to have the thoughts that Jiyong shared the same feelings with her.

[FLASHBACK]

"Jiyong, do you love me?"

It's just one of those days. One of those days that she would suddenly feel curious of how he feels about her. but no matter how many times she asked, his answer will always be the same.

"Dara. Can you please not ask this question again? I'm seriously sick of it already," His words, it was as if he was stabbing her heart. Tears welled up in her eyes, but she hold it in, not wanting to annoy him again with her crybaby habit.

"But. Never once, Jiyong. Never once- you have told me you love me," She sounded hurt, betrayed.

He looked at her with nothing but darkness in his eyes.

"I dated you, haven't I? I accepted you as my girlfriend. What more do you want for me? I'm your boyfriend, you're my girlfriend. Aren't that enough?"

"I want to be loved, Jiyong. To be the only one for you. Sometimes I just wish to be Yoona,"

His body stiffened at the mention of her. It felt like his chest was squeezed as he thought about her. How he wished Dara will just drop this topic and move on. but, he knows Dara too well. She will never get over a tinniest little thing.

He said nothing, but instead looked at the ground.

"I saw it, Jiyong. I saw how you looked at her with those eyes, I saw how you smiled at her, I saw the way you talk to her.. Never leaving her eyes. That eyes, those smiles.. Never did once you gave that to me. Why did you date me? You didn't date me out of love, did you? You just felt sorry for me.. because I'm your annoying bestfriend that is head over heals with you. You just felt sorry that no one wanted me because I'm like kind of walking rubbish, that's why you dated me"

"You're being childish again, Dara. Will you grow up?"

"I love you, Jiyong. I love you. Do you love me?"

Again, he said nothing.

She waited for him to protest. To tell her that everything what she said wasn't true. To tell her that he feels the same way, that he actually dated her because he loves her.

She waited and waited.

but it never came.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

A trip to memory lane.

She chuckled bitterly. She shook her head, trying so hard to clear all those memories away. She just want to feel at ease for once.

Coming to her hometown wasn't part of her plan. But once she stepped into Seoul after how many years, she just felt curious of how her hometown would be like after she left.

She's not here for him. She's not here to beg for him again. She's not here to remember those heartaches.

She's here for her friends. For Bom's wedding with Choi Seunghyun. She swallowed the lump on as she once again remember how Bom and her used to plan their weddings. How they would get married together. Her with Jiyong, and Bom with Seunghyun.

But that was just stupid.

It can never happen. It will never be.